Become a Patron!

New to Vaping

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Was at the register to buy cigarettes on Sunday and decided instead to buy a blu e-cig. Between that and finishing up my previous pack, I haven't had a whole cigarette since early Monday morning and had a cigarette butt on Tuesday. This being Thursday, I have been smoke free since those couple of puffs Tuesday.

Stuck with the Blu until last night when I went to a local vape shop. He hooked me up with a Joytech eGo AIO. It lasts a lot longer and I guess I can use any vape juice in it. I wanted something similar to a cigarette feel rather than the devices that look more like a large cigarette lighter.

What I'm really looking for is a flavor that matches Marlboro. There's a couple out there that make this claim, but I'm hoping some of you more experienced folks can point me in the right direction.

I had tried Blu in the past, but their original 3-part system was poor. Had the atomizer, the battery, and the flavor pack, and invariably one would fail. When they added the atomizer to the flavor pack the system got much better. Yet I think the system I got yesterday, despite not being cigarette size, will do better for me. This will be my first real, concerted effort to quit smoking. Due to Blu's original failures I was never able to put in a serious effort to quit. Even after they improved I used it more as a crutch to get me moving toward the next time I could get out for smoke.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. I don't do tobacco flavors but I'm sure someone will be along who does. Congratulations on taking your first steps to better health.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome :wave:

The general consensus is that there are no juices that truly taste like specific cigarette brands - but many have found some that are close

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome, and Congrats on starting your journey towards better health! :cheers:

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congratulations on your new vaping journey! Welcome to the Underground.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Congratulations and welcome to the forum :cheers:

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats & welcome! I, personally, don't use any tobacco flavors but I'm sure someone who does well be more than happy to help.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @zeeter and I hope you enjoy your stay! I started with Cig-A-Likes but took me 6 months or so to graduate to a MOD and tank now it is getting close to dedicating a room to vape gear! Congratulations on quitting and keep it up!

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Was at the register to buy cigarettes on Sunday and decided instead to buy a blu e-cig. Between that and finishing up my previous pack, I haven't had a whole cigarette since early Monday morning and had a cigarette butt on Tuesday. This being Thursday, I have been smoke free since those couple of puffs Tuesday.

Stuck with the Blu until last night when I went to a local vape shop. He hooked me up with a Joytech eGo AIO. It lasts a lot longer and I guess I can use any vape juice in it. I wanted something similar to a cigarette feel rather than the devices that look more like a large cigarette lighter.

What I'm really looking for is a flavor that matches Marlboro. There's a couple out there that make this claim, but I'm hoping some of you more experienced folks can point me in the right direction.

I had tried Blu in the past, but their original 3-part system was poor. Had the atomizer, the battery, and the flavor pack, and invariably one would fail. When they added the atomizer to the flavor pack the system got much better. Yet I think the system I got yesterday, despite not being cigarette size, will do better for me. This will be my first real, concerted effort to quit smoking. Due to Blu's original failures I was never able to put in a serious effort to quit. Even after they improved I used it more as a crutch to get me moving toward the next time I could get out for smoke.
Welcome zeeter! The only thing that truly tastes like tobacco are tobacco extracts. You can Google that or naturally extracted tobacco. Tobacco flavor without the smokey ashy taste or tar.

Smokey1471

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

Welcome! I'm still new here, but everyone has welcomed me with open arms here. They have been so very helpful with the questions I've had ( still being kinda new to full time vaping) and informative. I really hope you will like it here! Congrats on taking the step to dumping the cigs! Keep vaping on!

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I just got back from the vape store again. I really like the unit that I bought the other day and decided I wanted something more. So I got an ikonn 220. A little more powerful; what I really wanted was a bridge between the chargings. The ikonn will be my main one, I think, as it looks like it will last longer. I still like the original that I got, though.

geoffd

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU. Vaping is the only thing that worked for me in getting rid of a 40+ years smoking habit. Stick with it and good luck!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

I just got back from the vape store again. I really like the unit that I bought the other day and decided I wanted something more. So I got an ikonn 220. A little more powerful; what I really wanted was a bridge between the chargings. The ikonn will be my main one, I think, as it looks like it will last longer. I still like the original that I got, though.
Good move on getting back up so soon. Back ups are really important to have. Congrats on your switch. You might check out our ejuice section, if you haven't already. Lots of really great information in those, too. http://vapingunderground.com/forums/ejuice-flavor-discussions.454/

Welcome to VU :wave:

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Good move on getting back up so soon. Back ups are really important to have. Congrats on your switch. You might check out our ejuice section, if you haven't already. Lots of really great information in those, too. http://vapingunderground.com/forums/ejuice-flavor-discussions.454/

Welcome to VU :wave:

Yeah, I worry that I may be stuck at a charge and think - oh I'll just go out and get a pack of smokes until this is finished. Plus it gives me a chance to change up flavors without hindering my go-to flavor.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Welcome aboard @zeeter .....:vino:

Like JuicyLucy mentioned above, NET tobacco extracts are similar to a tobacco flavor. I don't know of any juice which tastes like a Marlboro thank God. There are far too many great flavors to vape, the flavor of a burning marlboro would be at the bottom of the list of juice to vape.

zeeter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I had no idea of the battery requirements with vaping. Currently I have three mods (plus a pen device), two with 18650s and one with 20700s. These things take forever to charge, so it's a good thing I have several mods and batteries.

Looks like my best path is to get additional batteries so that I always have fresh ones. There's only so many mods that I need.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had no idea of the battery requirements with vaping. Currently I have three mods (plus a pen device), two with 18650s and one with 20700s. These things take forever to charge, so it's a good thing I have several mods and batteries.

Looks like my best path is to get additional batteries so that I always have fresh ones. There's only so many mods that I need.

Correctamundo !

VU Sponsors