Become a Patron!

New to VV/VW

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been building for mechanical mods for the past 3 years. I just got my hands on a Spartan 300w TC and an Eleaf 100w. I'm trying to find a good build to throw on my Authentic Mutation X V4 and get some good flavor. Any help is appreciated!

TastersChoice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lately I was stuck on using 24g Kanthal and using a 2.5-3.5mm drill bit with 5-6 wraps
but today I did a dual 26g Kanthal, 8 wraps using a 2.5 mm drill bit reading at 0.36 ohms. It's actually supposed to be 0.42 ohms
but my sigelei always gets my resistance -0.06 off. Anyhow the flavor is superb, clouds are nice as well
vaping at 46 watts

honestly it really depends on your vaping habits though

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have 20g and 28g available to me right now. All kanthal, except for a small bit of n80 20g.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please dont take this the wrong way but I'm trying my damndest to figure out why you've been building on mechs for 3 years but only have two guages of wire and can't figure out how to build for regulated..
Ohm law is infallible,it doesn't matter if the power source is regulated or not.
None of your current wire is for TC so that point is moot.
If you know ohm law and can build for mech then building for regulated should be second hand.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Search the forums for another player 3 years deep in the game that can't wrap for both clouds or flavor and I'll be more than happy to renig my post.

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My question was more for the purpose of seeing what everyone else was building. For inspiration if you will. Not a question of ignorance. I've had no problems building for my mech or the regulated device. Just collaborating with other builders and seeking my sweet spot on the regulated devices I have. Just like I did with my mechs. I tinkered until I found what I liked. As far as the gauge, that's all I've ever ran aside from 24g.

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry man,I was in a bit of a mood last night.:confused:
It's all good man. I know we have all been there. That's why I simply clarified instead of Internet raging. I don't know what your day brought you and since I was the one asking others to share their experience, I'm in no place to be rude. Hopefully today brought you better things!

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today was great.
I'm usually pretty laid back but yesterday was a shit storm of bad news and attitude everytime I turned around so again,I apologize for bringing it here.

Nightwolf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Today was great.
I'm usually pretty laid back but yesterday was a shit storm of bad news and attitude everytime I turned around so again,I apologize for bringing it here.
It's all good brother. That sounds like my daily life. Sometimes you can't hold it back. I'm there too often. So, if you need someone to complain too, hit me up. Perhaps we can commiserate hahah

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
With the options you have, I'd go Parallel or Zipper coils with the 28g, or just standard but lots of wraps with the 20g.

If you can build for the mech you can build for the regulated.

Now if you're looking for something new, I'd suggest looking into Claptons and grabbing some 36g+ wire to wrap with, a nice fused clapton is a very noticeable gain for the effort involved.

The only thing I do different on regulated than mechs is I typically build a bit higher resistance on a regulated because... well I can and just adjust the power until it's right, and higher resistance needs less power so more battery life. You still want to get something that has the right heating, not ramping up too slow, but also not leaving you with a burnt throat at the end of a hit. But, you don't have to worry about getting a certain resistance to pull a certain amount of power.

VU Sponsors