Become a Patron!

New Vape

Mum

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm in need of your expert advice on a new vape.
I've currently using an Aspire Plato, I use 50/50 juice (although I'm thinking of using higher Vg?) vaping ar 13w...1.8 ohms...I think it's right... you have to bare with me, I'm relatively new to this...
I love the plato... but...it's falling apart, hence I need a new one..
There's soooo much out there I'm confused.....
So any recommendations? I was a smoker..... 40 days Smokefree for me.... I like a fair amount of cloud.... would like more taste than the plato gives me.
Help??

Mum

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi..... me again
So can nobody recommend anything for me? I was needing to go buy one tomorrow as my plato is breaking.
Also
Why is there a purple binoculars next to my post?
Have I done something wrong?

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
Geez, it's really hard to make recommendations on vape gear these days. There is so much stuff out there. If you're going to a vape store and you are going to buy something there you are limited to what they carry. If you are vaping at 1.8 ohms I would recommend that you don't let them talk you into buying one of the newer high wattage low ohm (.15 to .3 ) vape units. They are for big clouds and will suck up juice like crazy and you might not get the same satisfaction you get from your Plato. You might have success with sub-ohm vape units if you stick to around .5 to .6 ohm units. Again, it depends on what they carry. There are tanks that have a variety of coils in different ohms that you might look at, Kanger Subtanks, Joytech eGo Mega come to mind. Happy hunting.

Mum

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your reply, I'm really struggling here...

The box Mods I was thinking of were the smok Q box, Aspire Zelos? or jacvapour series B tilt?
Husband has a Smok pipe so I know it'll work ok..
Zeros not really a box.... does it have the power?
Tilt.. is this just a gimmick
As you say.... so many different types
Tanks... nautilus or joytech depends on what mod.
Decisions decisions xxx

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
The mods are just the power. If you're vaping for the nicotine and the pleasure of vaping, rather than trying to blow great big clouds, most mods will do fine. Anything over 50 watts will get you the power you need. It's really more about the tank and what kind of vaping you want to do.
1.0 to 1.8 ohm almost like smoking, higher nicotine, less clouds.
.4 to 1.0 ohm sub-ohm vaping, recommend 6 mg nicotine juices, more clouds, great flavor (Probably want 75 watt mod for longer battery life)
.15 to .3 ohm high wattage low ohm big cloud chucking, probably 3 mg juice, resembles smoking not at all (Big mod needed for this kind of vaping)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The purple binoculars indicate a thread you are watching, so it's easier to keep track of those you are interested in.

Steve St

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wish you luck in finding something new, if you are looking for a balance of cloud and flavor I would suggest a simple Smok Stick V8 or the V8 baby. You can control the vape output with the airflow, more open more vapor or close it for a tighter draw and these are inexpensive for a trial at sub-ohm and the coils are not bad at all. The output from the mod is 35w and the coils are made just for this setup so there is no trying to find the sweet spot and you can just kick back and enjoy....also stay at 6mg nic and below with this too...good luck

Mum

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the replies xx
I've brought myself an Aspire zeros bax mob with a nautilus 2 tank.
I will probably have some questions later, but for now, thank you for your advice xxx

Mum

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let us know what you think of the N2 tank. I've been eyeing that for a while.

Hi Vapmesilly
I'm quite impressed with the N2 tank. It came with a 0.7 and 1.8 nautilus coil, replacement O rings and glass. Very easy to replace coils and nice wide top to refill the tank. Gave a good flavour and vapour, nice amount of adjustable airflow. The only downside I found was that the top of tank heated up slightly with the 0.7 coil. Not a problem for me because I prefer the 1.8. All in all, not bad at all and I will probably be buying this one again.

VU Sponsors