Become a Patron!

New vape

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
Recently quit smoking. I have the smok g-priv 2 and haven’t found much on what I should have my tc settings at. If anyone could help that would be cool. I’m at 15w 500 right now.

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
If you are using the stock coils that come with the kit, those are kanthal, and not setup for TC mode. Keep it in wattage.
And I have kept it in wattage. Every time I switched to tc and messed with it it just burned to hot. What coil should I get?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And I have kept it in wattage. Every time I switched to tc and messed with it it just burned to hot. What coil should I get?
Stainless steel work best for me, YMMV.

Don't use a nickel coil in wattage-power mode, ONLY TC mode.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It says ni200. Idk what any of this means yet lol

Change it to "VW Mode" in the menu, that's for variable wattage, that is the mode you need
Your heating coil is kanthal, and ni200 stands for nickel, a different kind of heating coil which you don't have

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Coil is. I think. Says prince Q4 .4 quadruple coil
I would assume the coil is kanthal or SS, look at the Smok website to see if the wire type is listed.

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
Change it to "VW Mode" in the menu, that's for variable wattage, that is the mode you need
Your heating coil is kanthal, and ni200 stands for nickel, a different kind of heating coil which you don't have
Gotcha. That makes sense to me

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Oh ok, ni200 is nickel, and is intended for TC mode only. To use it, make sure when you are setting it to to TC you have it set to nickel or NI200(whichever it says in the menu) start low with the temp. Increase it slowly till you have found your sweet spot. As for where that is, you have to find out yourself.

EDIT: seeing some of the info, your coils are more than likely kanthal, which again is Wattage mode only. Check the coil itself, does it have a wattage range or tempature range?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cool. Have a coil that you could recommend that would work with this?
What ever coil works for you, you'll have to experiment, everyone has different opinions.

Just use power-wattage mode until you learn how to use temperature control.

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
Oh ok, ni200 is nickel, and is intended for TC mode only. To use it, make sure when you are setting it to to TC you have it set to nickel or NI200(whichever it says in the menu) start low with the temp. Increase it slowly till you have found your sweet spot. As for where that is, you have to find out yourself.
Yeah my vape recognizes what coil I have in here automatically I guess. From what I’ve read.

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
What ever coil works for you, you'll have to experiment, everyone has different opinions.

Just use power-wattage mode until you learn how to use temperature control.
Cool thanks. I’ll have to try a few different ones. So far this isn’t terrible.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
YOUR COIL IS KANTHAL, YOUR MOD IS IN NI200 MODE

"TFV12 Prince V12-Q4 Quadruple Coil Head...made of standard Kanthal wire..."

Yeah my vape recognizes what coil I have in here automatically I guess. From what I’ve read.

Your mod doesn't really know what metal your coil is, it can only know the resistance (like 0.4 ohms), then the mode is up to you!

Last edited:

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
YOUR COIL IS KANTHAL, YOUR MOD IS IN NI200 MODE

"TFV12 Prince V12-Q4 Quadruple Coil Head. Each one of the coil heads in this all-new coil system have 12 holes that make for quick Cotton saturation while also dissipating heat while the tank is in use. Unique to this coil head is the 0.4 ohm resistance and the lower wattage rating of 40 to 100W. This coil head was designed to bring out the best flavor possible from your e-juice, so SMOK recommends vaping at wattages between 60 and 80W for optimal flavor enhancement. Although made of standard Kanthalwire and organic Japanese Cotton, these high performance cores are unmatched by any other coil head on the market today.
Ooooh okay. So what mode should I have it on? It has Ti ni200 and SS. Guessing that’s titanium nickel and stainless.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ooooh okay. So what mode should I have it on? It has Ti ni200 and SS. Guessing that’s titanium nickel and stainless.

You can go back one more menu, out of TC Mode altogether, and go to VW Mode - but if your vape works like it is, it doesn't matter much. Just a little extra stuff on your screen you dont need in TC mode, with a kanthal coil :)

tnobis

Member For 1 Year
T
You can go back one more menu, out of TC Mode altogether, and go to VW Mode - but if your vape works like it is, it doesn't matter much. Just a little extra stuff on your screen you dont need in TC mode, with a kanthal coil :)
thank you! It all makes sense now lol

VU Sponsors