Become a Patron!

New vaper. About 3 weeks in. Couple questions.

Thursday will be 3 weeks vaping. I started to quit smoking and havent had one since. I am very pleased. I started with an Endura T18 pen and immediately bought the T18 2 for backup. My Proton with plex tank came in Saturday. I love it other than a couple of things. It is a pain to fill without flooding the coil. It really sucks the juice up which doesnt bother me. To me it seems the coil wicks too much. Is that possible? Is a wet hit normal on these type vapes. The coil is rated for 80-110 watts and I like it between 95 and 100. Main thing is to make sure it's not me doing something wrong causing the wet hits. They arent just spewing out but fairly wet. If that's normal I'm fine with it just want to do things right. The proton mod is awesome tank is still up in the air. I am using the triple coil thought about trying the other one to see if it's any different. Thanks for any help.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just wanted to welcome you to VU :wave: and congratulate you on quitting cigarettes

Am sure someone knowledgeable about your patties will be along to help you :cloud:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Congrats and welcome!!!!

Great choices on all your gear! Innokin definitely makes some high quality products!
Not sure about an answer to your wet coil question. Personally I prefer a saturated vape. You may want to consider trying the mesh coils for that tank though.
Most people appear to be enjoying the mesh over traditional coils in the sub tanks.
https://www.elementvape.com/innokin-scion-replacement-coils

The mesh is all I have. Those are the exact ones I have and I ordered everything from elementvape.comBeen using the one with 3 wicks in it. The moist vape tastes really good I just thought it wasnt normal so thought I was doing something wrong. When I get a really wet vape is right after filling if I go to fast. Thanks for letting me know a moist vape is ok though that's good news. I am using 30pg/70vg juice at 6mg. I still carry my pen the most just because it is easier to transport. I love them both for different reasons.

Congrats and welcome!!!!

Great choices on all your gear! Innokin definitely makes some high quality products!
Not sure about an answer to your wet coil question. Personally I prefer a saturated vape. You may want to consider trying the mesh coils for that tank though.
Most people appear to be enjoying the mesh over traditional coils in the sub tanks.
https://www.elementvape.com/innokin-scion-replacement-coils

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some subohm tank coils can be dryer sometimes. More qirh a single coil in my experience. But the triple coils and such are more moist to me. Constantly blowing water droplets off my mustache. Lol. Welcome to the Vu and congratulations on quitting smoking.

Been being careful on filling and have been enjoying the heck out of this stuff. I think it is more addictive than smoking. I could care less for a cigarette. In about a month I'm going to start dropping my nicotine content.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Welcome, and congrats on your outstanding results ! :vino:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you tried closing the airflow control when filling and don't fill it all the way up. Hope this helps.

Yes I have but i think i have it figured out. It hasnt happened since my post and i am burning through some liquid lol. I think i was just trying to fill it up too much. Thanks for the help yall have been great. Been vaping the Something Fruity but my bottles of Pacha Mama Fuji apple will be here tomorrow. I have tried it and it is amazing.

VU Sponsors