Become a Patron!

New vaper Ear popping will it stop?

JimboConn

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I posted in help too but first two days of doing my was wouldn't say top crackling popping like I had a cold or was in airplane it went away I had smooth week of great vaping and now the ear popping is back! Only when I hit the vape and right after if swallowing..I am not sucking on the thing hard at all even light hits with wide AF pops my ears what is goingon? And someone please tell me it will end I don't want to smoke cigs.
New to forum
thank you

JimboConn

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why so he can tell me to stop vaping? No thanks I looking for anyone who's experienced these issues and why ....I don't want to be an outlier :cry:

Reactions: Hhh

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am not a medical professional. Proceed with caution:

You have to use the process of elimination and substitution in order to see if you can rule out vaping as the culprit. It's pretty easy to do but may take some time to come to a conclusion.

- Make or buy an ice cream milkshake or any other thick drink and use a straw to drink it. See if your ears pop when you suck on the straw. If they do, then it's not your vape.

You could probably do the same with water and just pinch the straw using you index finger and thumb while you suck on the straw. Not sure.

- If your ears pop when you swallow any other time (when you are not vaping), then it's not your vape.

It also could be you are just experiencing a seasonal allergy. Therefore you could take an over-the-counter allergy medication like Claritin (Loratidine 10mg) once a day for about a week to see if it goes away. If it does, it does not necessarily mean it is a seasonal allergy, but at least you can tell a doctor you tried it and it worked temporarily.

If you cannot do this or don't understand how to rule things out on your own, then it's best to go see a doctor. You don't have to tell him about vaping. Just tell him your ears pop frequently when you swallow and suck on a straw and let him take it from there.

And if it hurts when your ears pop, definitely go see a doctor ASAP as it could be some type of infection (you never know).

Also, realize that popping ears is not a bad thing. In fact, it's usually a good thing as it is a normal process of your inner ear that releases pressure build-up. Swallowing, talking & yawning help relieve the pressure by opening the Eustachian tube in both ears. Opening the tube allows air to flow into & out of the ear and equalizes pressure.

The real problem is what is causing the pressure to build up that your ears have to pop? It may very well be that you have an allergy to PG or VG in the e-juice that is causing your Eustachian tube(s) to get blocked or clogged. However this could also be caused by seasonal allergies.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors