Become a Patron!

New "Vaper" From Mexico - Day 2

Elena_La_Loca

Member For 1 Year
Hidee-ho peeps!

My name is Elena (La Loca)

I am a 45-yr-old Canadian that have been living in mexico for the last 10 years.

I started up smoking again (was a non-smoker for almost 20 yrs) when my husband passed away 4 years ago. I became a pack-a-day Marlboro Reds smoker.

I now am ready to quit, but I know I would not be able to do it on my own (BF that lives with me is also a smoker). I had seen friends waaaayyyyyy back using e-cigs (like the BLUE etc or those skinny 'pens') and I remember trying one and felt NOTHING (like that "hit" you get from a cig)... and every one of those friends wound going back to smoking, which didn't surprise me.

Now.. that was years ago.

Recently, I have been starting to have a problem with my ear, and my asthma was really starting to act up, and I KNOW it's because of my smoking, but somehow felt trapped by my addiction. Then I was in an UBER, and the driver was using a mod vape and told me how much better they are compared to that cheap crap.

I then started to do research.... and MADE MY DECISION! Go Big or Go Home... I decided on the SMOK Alien kit.

Next challenge... finding a Vape Shop here in mexico. Not as easy as you would think :p It's still a "grey zone" of the legality of its' sales. Let's just say, it took me a week to find a good source. He's a shop that is unmarked and does not advertise (for obvious reasons). But extremely knowledgeable and had all the higher-quality products for a DECENT PRICE (basically I would NOT have saved money if I bought online and shipping)

So... now... I am on DAY 2... and NOT. ONE. CIG since the moment I got my Vape!!!

- I have the SMOK Alien 220w with the Baby Beast.
- I am using tabacco/Vanilla flavored juice with a few drops of Bailey's flavor...
- Nicotine level - 10mg ... and I smoke around 3ml (a baby-beast tank) a day.
- I use the WATT mode, and I range from 35 - 45W depending on how much of a hit I want. Usually 35 in the AM, and 40-45 in the PM. (dude had it set on 60W for me, and that was just too harsh on my throat/lungs)

If you asked me ANYTHING about vaping 2 weeks ago, I would have known NOTHING... now, I feel like a walking encyclopedia on the topic.

I am soooooooo glad I made the switch, and I KNOW I am going to feel so much better, even in just a few more days. LAST NIGHT was my first night where I didn't have an asthma-induced-coughing-fit in the middle of the night!

Best. Decision. Ever!

I still have a half a pack of smokes still here on the table.... RIGHT HERE WITHIN REACH... and not ONCE did I grab a smoke! sweeeeeeeeeeeeet

Don't mind me... I am just overjoyed that I was able to simply NOT WANT a cig! and usually the first three days ARE THE WORST when quitting. Fuck, I am so glad of the VAPE-NATION! and proud to be a new member!

Now all my smoking friends are curious about it.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you! One word of advice is don't put too much pressure on yourself right now. If you have a smoke it's not the end of your vaping. We have many members here who needed time to fully transition over but they stuck with it. Think of it as every cigarette you don't smoke is a victory, one cig at a time just like one day at a time.

Elena_La_Loca

Member For 1 Year
Good for you! One word of advice is don't put too much pressure on yourself right now. If you have a smoke it's not the end of your vaping. We have many members here who needed time to fully transition over but they stuck with it. Think of it as every cigarette you don't smoke is a victory, one cig at a time just like one day at a time.

Yeah... my BF decided to start vaping when I was... he got himself the Eleaf Ijust2 ... but he still smokes cigs also. But at least he's happy that his cig intake has cut wayyy down.

i myself am still smoke-free, though this morning I really felt like grabbing one.
BUT.
I.
DIDN'T!

But, yes, I know that one smoke won't kill everything I have accomplished so far, which is good. Thnx for the support <3

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome Elena! I found, and perhaps you will as well, that after I was vaping for a while, it was like being a non-smoker - you can smell cigarette smoke on people's clothes, in their cars, in the air (from the other end of my house! My husband smokes, too). Last time I tried to smoke a cigarette I COUGHED FOR TWO DAYS. Do I want one? Hell, naw. :giggle:

Good luck. This seems like a great community, and everybody's rooting for you!

Jane

ETA: I love that banner thing. Had to click through on yours to get one for myself!

Elena_La_Loca

Member For 1 Year
Well, folks. I have to adjust my footer graphic... i have had to smoke for the last 24 hours because the coil in my vape seems to be not working well, I have one replacement coil that came with the Alien, but it doesn't work (I get a readout that says "Atomizer short") ... and the store I go to is only open 2 hours a day and for the last two days i haven't been able to get to it.
So, I have been back on cigs for the last day... WAAAAAaaaaaaa.
I cannot WAIT to get more coils (I am attempting to clean the one I have, but still waiting for it to dry out).
I never knew (as this is my first time) what it is like when a coil is burnt out, but BOY, it makes the vape completely unusable... since it is absolutely HORRIBLE on my lungs/throat. I cannot even use it on 20 watts without hacking up half a lung.
I didn't even have the vape for a whole week yet. Is this normal for the coils to burn out that quick?

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, folks. I have to adjust my footer graphic... i have had to smoke for the last 24 hours because the coil in my vape seems to be not working well, I have one replacement coil that came with the Alien, but it doesn't work (I get a readout that says "Atomizer short") ... and the store I go to is only open 2 hours a day and for the last two days i haven't been able to get to it.
So, I have been back on cigs for the last day... WAAAAAaaaaaaa.
I cannot WAIT to get more coils (I am attempting to clean the one I have, but still waiting for it to dry out).
I never knew (as this is my first time) what it is like when a coil is burnt out, but BOY, it makes the vape completely unusable... since it is absolutely HORRIBLE on my lungs/throat. I cannot even use it on 20 watts without hacking up half a lung.
I didn't even have the vape for a whole week yet. Is this normal for the coils to burn out that quick?
Welcome to the club, Elena
Try tightening the coil on the Alien, make sure it's making contact...
You might be able to put the used coil back in and dry burn the crud off of it.
Going back to ciggies is not an option.
¡No se rinda!
El dicho dice, "A la lucha, a la lucha, somos locas pero somos muchas"...
of course that saying isn't used much by macho vapers :)

Elena_La_Loca

Member For 1 Year
are you talking about the new coil that gives me the error? I have tried everything. disassembling it, re-tightening, loosening, EVERYTHING. I have fiddled with it for almost an hour. I have through my research that you can get 'duds' and I am wondering if that is one of them.
I wish to not be smoking, and I cringe every time I have had one today.
I WILL be back off them as soon as I get my vape up and running again.

Elena_La_Loca

Member For 1 Year
HAHAHA... I remember hearing in my head "No disassemble No. 5!!!" every time I was doing another fiddle to the new coil LOL

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
are you talking about the new coil that gives me the error? I have tried everything. disassembling it, re-tightening, loosening, EVERYTHING. I have fiddled with it for almost an hour. I have through my research that you can get 'duds' and I am wondering if that is one of them.
I wish to not be smoking, and I cringe every time I have had one today.
I WILL be back off them as soon as I get my vape up and running again.
Yup, the new coil that shows an error..it probably is shorted as they sometimes come that way
but often it's that when you install it you don't tighten down on it or the contact pin on the coil doesn't touch the contact on the tank.
Mess with it.
And as I mentioned, you can always put the dirty coil, (not the wet one you washed)
back in, take all the juice out of the tank and dry burn it
(press the fire button until you see vapor rise off it.) That burns the crud like caramelized sweetener, ETC off the
coil and wick often extending the life of the coilhead..if the wick is cotton it will just burn up though.

You have to subtract a week (7 days) from your sig sign for every ciggie you burn... ;)

VU Sponsors