Become a Patron!

new vaper looking at a new setup

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this, but I have a question, or looking for pro's and con's, or suggestions I suppose on a new set up. I'm currently running an ipv D3 with a baby beast tank that I run around 60-65 watts. This is my first mod and I really enjoy it, but I'm looking at getting an alien mod but want a different tank. While I do like how the tfv8's open to fill, I have recently started having issues with mine coming open in my pocket or back pack at work. I work in juvenile corrections and therefore cant leave it laying around or one of the kids will snatch it and/or use it. I'm looking at 2 different tanks to go with the alien when I do get it, waiting on taxes actually, but I'm looking at the herakles plus or the cleito 120 as I have gotten good suggestions on both from different people locally, I just thought I would ask here to get more information and even more suggestions. I would like to try the re-buildable deck at some point in a tank, but that can be later. I was told by one guy that the herakles can be ran on temp control, know nothing about it and I figured out already that most people either love it or hate it. If anyone has any words of wisdom here on this I would love to hear it.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For more detailed info on those 2 particular tanks, you might check some reviews on youtube. I personally use Baby Beasts on my Aliens, and I recently purchased the Big Baby Beast and am currently using the RBA deck. Great performance, but I could see how the top could be opened in your backpack, etc, due to the sliding top cap. I would recommend you also check out the Uwell Crown 2/Se1 tanks with the improved Crown 2 coils. (yellow o rings). Good luck, and welcome to VU.

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
I really love my cleito 120, its a great tank. I have a few big baby beast and a regular beast but I find myself going back to the cleito often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Might be a little bit odd but.. have you considered dropping the tank into a plastic pill bottle when you aren't using it? Then just putting it back on your mod when you want to vape? I do that with tanks and drippers if i want to take more than 1 with me.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could always use a vape band to keep the top secure. It's unsightly but the best solution if you like Smok tanks.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use the band that came with the tank, but I find that it tends to slip off in pockets and such.

Im actually using a band now to keep it closed but I keep knocking it off but it seems to help. As far as taking the tank off that's an option too but i would worry about wearing the threads out being theyare so fine.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to post this, but I have a question, or looking for pro's and con's, or suggestions I suppose on a new set up. I'm currently running an ipv D3 with a baby beast tank that I run around 60-65 watts. This is my first mod and I really enjoy it, but I'm looking at getting an alien mod but want a different tank. While I do like how the tfv8's open to fill, I have recently started having issues with mine coming open in my pocket or back pack at work. I work in juvenile corrections and therefore cant leave it laying around or one of the kids will snatch it and/or use it. I'm looking at 2 different tanks to go with the alien when I do get it, waiting on taxes actually, but I'm looking at the herakles plus or the cleito 120 as I have gotten good suggestions on both from different people locally, I just thought I would ask here to get more information and even more suggestions. I would like to try the re-buildable deck at some point in a tank, but that can be later. I was told by one guy that the herakles can be ran on temp control, know nothing about it and I figured out already that most people either love it or hate it. If anyone has any words of wisdom here on this I would love to hear it.
I remember the TFV4 used to swing open all the time. the baby beast, big baby beast and TFV8 cloud beast all have a locking top. if it's swinging open that means it wasn't shut all the way. Make sure you shut it until it clicks into place. you have to pud down on the top when closing

with that said, what exactly are you looking for. an upgrade from the baby beast? If thats the case I have to say the ijoy EXO XL tank is a nice tank between the TFV8 and the Baby beast. Outside of that if you wanted to go even bigger there is the TFV8 cloud beast or a sense blazer tank. Both of those sue the same coils. and of course the TFV12 and Maxo V12 coming out soon but it's probably overkill at that pint for you LMAO

as far as temp control goes, that depends on the coil material. personally i'd stick to SS coils for temp control. Ni coils IMO tend to suck and even building your own Ni wire just isn't good. SS wire (Specifically SS316L) is overall the best because it's versatile, cheap, easy to find and has no taste

I have, when I first got this tank, didn't close it all the way, but I learned real fast to be sure it clicks shut, but I think that over time the lock on it has worn and it doesn't hold as tight as it used to. I'm looking for another tank that can hold higher wattage but mainly I'm into flavor. I will check into the Ijoy EVO XL tank. My wife and I are going to be getting alien mod's here soon, probably getting the kit so we will have spare tanks laying around unless we sell them, but I am looking for flavor mainly, while my wife is looking for flavor also, but her mod is the subox mini c and she's already maxed it out at 50 watts and has tried someone else's alien at 65 with the baby beast and said she could tell a huge difference in flavor. We are both still new to vaping and are still looking for our happy place so to speak, but kind of like new gadgets as well, so we figured why not get us a new setup that is more suited to what we like, do we need 220 watts, no, but we both like how the alien feels in our hands, the colors they have and ability to go higher wattage later on as we grow, if it comes to that, in the future. I would like to try temp control as some point to see if I like it or not, as I've been told that your coils tend to last longer in temp control, but I've also been told it's a huge pain to deal with as well, so it's one of those things I really want to try for myself and see what I like better, so for me at least, a tank that either has SS coils available, or a RBA deck I can put into it is one thing I'm looking for in my tank, the wife said she's happy with the baby beast tank for now as she has tried mine and likes it better than her tank. The adventure continues...lol.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have, when I first got this tank, didn't close it all the way, but I learned real fast to be sure it clicks shut, but I think that over time the lock on it has worn and it doesn't hold as tight as it used to. I'm looking for another tank that can hold higher wattage but mainly I'm into flavor. I will check into the Ijoy EVO XL tank. My wife and I are going to be getting alien mod's here soon, probably getting the kit so we will have spare tanks laying around unless we sell them, but I am looking for flavor mainly, while my wife is looking for flavor also, but her mod is the subox mini c and she's already maxed it out at 50 watts and has tried someone else's alien at 65 with the baby beast and said she could tell a huge difference in flavor. We are both still new to vaping and are still looking for our happy place so to speak, but kind of like new gadgets as well, so we figured why not get us a new setup that is more suited to what we like, do we need 220 watts, no, but we both like how the alien feels in our hands, the colors they have and ability to go higher wattage later on as we grow, if it comes to that, in the future. I would like to try temp control as some point to see if I like it or not, as I've been told that your coils tend to last longer in temp control, but I've also been told it's a huge pain to deal with as well, so it's one of those things I really want to try for myself and see what I like better, so for me at least, a tank that either has SS coils available, or a RBA deck I can put into it is one thing I'm looking for in my tank, the wife said she's happy with the baby beast tank for now as she has tried mine and likes it better than her tank. The adventure continues...lol.
nothing wrong with the alien it's a great mod even if you vape at 20 watts lol nobody uses all the power in the mods but it's small, works great, looks great, and gives you better battery life then a single mod

for the EXO XL I'm using the C4 coil at 110 watts, not a cloud chucker but great flavor for sure. they also make a C2 coil which can be used on lower watts. I'm also vaping my baby beast right now at 60 watts. the EXO XL is a step up form the baby beast IMO for flavor but still well below the full size TFV8. it's a very nice middle ground.

temp control is great. you can get an RBA deck for the EXO XL as well and use SS wire if you want to start building.

Im going to look into the exo xl for sure. I like what im reading on the cleito tanks but they look so plain to me...lol. i like the look of the herakles but i keep seeing leaking issues with it everywhere i look so im still undecided, why all the choices...lol

VU Sponsors