Become a Patron!

new vaper looking for guidance~~~~

im 24 and live in south carolina,
just getting into the vaping scene as i wanted to stop chewing tobaco,
since then *about 3 months* i have gotten into mods, and building my own coils, im not great, but practicing.

any help or suggestions, any PIF gear or juices would be great.

i have never been to an expo or heard of one in my area. just looking for help getting into this cliq of sorts. thanks again.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First Welcome to VU glad you joined, not really understanding your post.....you have gear and are building your own coils....are you asking for PIF's for more gear?

First Welcome to VU glad you joined, not really understanding your post.....you have gear and are building your own coils....are you asking for PIF's for more gear?

thank you for replying, i am looking for any pif's that may help me along the way with getting into the scene of vaping. *any old gear or equip, wire, juice,etc* as stated i am new to this and i have started building my own coils, i have 3 rda's and im so far doing ok with single wire builds, only used 26 gauge and 22 gauge tho.

basically to sum up your question, yes i am looking for pif's of any sort. as i am interested in learning and trying new things from veterned vapers

also looking for suggestions, and tips along the way. knowledge is always great to have. thanks again

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Generally we reserve PIF's for folks that have had emergencies with their gear or have no gear at all and can't afford emergency gear to keep them off the cigarettes, just trying to see where you would fit in those categories seeings how you said you had gear.

Generally we reserve PIF's for folks that have had emergencies with their gear or have no gear at all and can't afford emergency gear to keep them off the cigarettes, just trying to see where you would fit in those categories seeings how you said you had gear.

when i said i have gear, i mean like a mod, and a rda or two, didnt mean that i had alot or anything like that, as stated i was a major dipper of chewing tobacco and this was my last resort for my health, only prob is i dont have a whole lot of money to buy liquid to test flavors or nic levels, and i dont have the funds for wire and so on. hence the reason for my post. didnt mean to offend anyone if i did

rt smith

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I started I would take time everyday and spend the net for any and all info on vaping. along the way I joined emil lists for sites that sold equipment, forms, joined facebook groups ect.... Read, watch videos all you can. Practice making coils..after all wire is cheep. There are trading and used vaping equip on several sites if you are looking to play with other devices. Just be careful and understand you should not push your batteries to the point it is dangerous. I have collected a dozen devices and many more tanks and drippers. Now I am seeing what I like and do not like, this has taken a few months but so glad I did this!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Smokeless tobacco is about as safe as vaping.
When it comes to dying from tobacco is a known fact that it is 99% from the combustion process (smoke)
along with the additives in the cigarette that kills

http://casaa.org/Smokefree_Tobacco.html

http://casaa.org/Electronic_Cigarettes.html
I would say snus is about as safe as vaping, with it being pasteurized. Hell swedish snus not this Big Tobacco bastardized shit is handled like a food product and damned near as safe as food.
American chew is fermented and other shit added to it with the hope you get really hooked.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://casaa.org/Smokefree_Types.html

b866690868d2c12583bff5c87a0e3e41.jpg

Lozenges/Orbs
Tobacco lozenges are very similar to the nicotine lozenges made by the pharmaceutical industry, except they contain finely ground tobacco. Many smokers find the tobacco lozenges to be more satisfying because pharmaceutical lozenges are required to have a much lower nicotine content and do not contain any other tobacco alkaloids. There are currently three brands of tobacco lozenges: Ariva, Stonewall and Camel Orbs. It is widely believed by tobacco harm reduction experts that the health risks of this product would be the same as or very similar to snus.

The FDA "protected the children" by banning these.:rolleyes:
I have 13 cases of Ariva stashed in 3 Shoe boxes in my Closet.
I HAD 16 cases but I used some (Took 2 years to go through 3 cases and each case has 20 boxes of 20 lozenges)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I would say snus is about as safe as vaping, with it being pasteurized. Hell swedish snus not this Big Tobacco bastardized shit is handled like a food product and damned near as safe as food.
American chew is fermented and other shit added to it with the hope you get really hooked.

This look familiar?
Replace lozenges with ecigs and read it
: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fda-dissolvable-tobacco-better-for-health-but-could-lead-to-more-users/

It appears the FDA is now 'using the same playbook' of old times

The same playbook they claim vaping is using from tobacco companies.
Tell me there is no conflict of interest going on?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/19/business/19smoke.html?_r=0

Flavored Tobacco Pellets Are Denounced as a Lure to Young Users

"The study says Orbs, pellets made of finely ground tobacco with mint or cinnamon flavoring, are packed with nicotine and can poison children and lure young people to start using tobacco. The pellets dissolve in the mouth, like breath mints. “Nicotine is a highly addictive drug, and to make it look like a piece of candy is recklessly playing with the health of children,” the lead researcher, Gregory N. Connolly, a professor with the Harvard School of Public Health, said in an interview."

Any of this sound familiar????

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/01/19/dissolvable-tobacco-products-under-fda-scrutiny/

Published January 19, 2012
MyHealthNewsDaily
Facebook0 Twitter0 livefyre Email Print
The Food and Drug Administration will meet this week to discuss the public health impact of tobacco products known as dissolvable tobacco, which some say resemble candy, including their use by children.

Dissolvable tobacco products, which include Camel Orbs, Camel Strips and Camel Sticks, made by R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co., are relatively new. The company introduced these products in 2009, promoting them as a way to enjoy tobacco in areas where smoking is not allowed. They all contain nicotine and dissolve in the mouth. They are not intended to help people quit smoking.

Because they produce no second-hand smoke or cigarette litter, "they are more in line with societal expectations about tobacco product use today," according to a 2010 statement from R.J. Reynolds.

However, doctors have expressed concern that these products may appeal to youth and lead to nicotine addiction at a young age. Camel Orbs are round, come in mint and cinnamon flavors, and resemble Tic Tacs or M&Ms, noted the authors of a 2010 paper in the journal Pediatrics.

"It's deceptive," Dan Jacobsen, a nurse-practitioner at the Center for Tobacco Control, part of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System in Great Neck, N.Y., said of the products. To a child, "it doesn’t look dangerous; it doesn’t look like something they're going to become addicted to," Jacobsen said.

Trying the flavored products may start kids down a path of addiction that's hard to get off of, said Jacobsen, a former smoker. "I think it is definitely a threat to children," he said.

The company Star Scientific, Inc., also makes two tobacco products designed to dissolve in the mouth.

Nicotine overdose

One concern is that young children may mistake dissolvable tobacco for candy, and experience a nicotine overdose.

In children, nicotine can cause symptoms ranging from nausea and vomiting to seizures and death. Just one milligram of nicotine can cause vomiting in a child, Jacobsen said.

Camel's dissolvable tobacco products contain between 0.6 mg and 3.1 mg of nicotine, and even one high-nicotine dose Orb or Stick could lead to a severe reaction in a small child, Jacobsen said.

A concern for older children is that they could consume these products unbeknownst to adults, Jacobsen said, because the product is concealed in the mouth.

Because the dissolvable tobacco products are so new, the long-term health effects (other than nicotine addiction) are unclear.

However, studies on the composition of the products show that they appear to contain "some of the same chemicals associated with cancer risk in other tobacco products," said Dr. David Katz, director of the Prevention Research Center at Yale University School of Medicine.

"Given their close association with products known to cause egregious harm, the precautionary principle requires that we consider these products dangerous until proven safe, rather than the other way around," Katz said.

A 2008 study found that users of other smokeless tobacco products, including spit tobacco and snuff, had an 80 percent higher risk of oral cancer compared with non-users, Jacobsen said.

Change in marketing

The sale of dissolvable tobacco products is age-restricted, the packaging comes with the same health warnings as other tobacco products, and the packaging is child resistant, the 2010 R.J. Reynolds statement said.

However, even precautions such as child-resistant packaging are usually not enough to stop kids from consuming dangerous products, Jacobsen said.

The company should do away with the slick imagery on the dissolvable tobacco products and replace it with strong visual warnings of the health impacts of tobacco, Jacobsen said.

The products' flavorings should also be restricted, Jacobsen said.

"If you have something that is chocolate flavored or cherry flavored, who is that really marketing to?" Jacobsen said. "A middle-age man whose been smoking cigarettes his whole life? No, it's not."

Pass it on: Dissolvable tobacco products may pose a particular threat to children because their shape and flavors may make them appear to be candy, experts say

Am I the only one who realizes how fucked we are as vapers after reading this? - 5150

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nope but I thought Connolly was on our side at one point?
Those orbs/pellets/strips all tasted like horrible fucking shit.

The FDA is no longer looking at protecting us but enslaving us with dangerous treatments and recommendations. Disband/dissolve and rebuild WITHOUT big pharma directing it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Nope but I thought Connolly was on our side at one point?
Those orbs/pellets/strips all tasted like horrible fucking shit.

The FDA is no longer looking at protecting us but enslaving us with dangerous treatments and recommendations. Disband/dissolve and rebuild WITHOUT big pharma directing it.

No Greg Conley (one "L") is the president of the American Vaping Association and has been on our side since day one:

https://twitter.com/GregTHR

didnt realize i was going to start a war, haha. i switched from chewing tobaco for the sake of gum disease and cancer, grandfather chewed tobaco and created a big prob with his health, thats y i switched, as well as i am a electronic geek, so y the hell not. its something new and different and tastes a hell of alot better, wife seems to rather kiss me more since vaping rather than a dip in my lip haha

Ironkid55

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey man your post sounds identical to why I started vaping and I just love t now but still super green when it comes to mods I have a Atlantis and a CF sub ohm battery and I want to get in to RDA and building my own coils.. any help would be appreciated

VU Sponsors