Become a Patron!

New vaper. Question about RDA on my alien 220w. :)

First, hello all!
I quit smoking about two weeks ago and started vaping since then and it’s been one of the best decisions I’ve made in a while. So I purchased a Smok alien 220w mod kit and I do love the baby beast tank on it but Im also very interested in an Rda to use (I ordered a BUNCH of liquids and I need something to test them out plus I know you can get the best flavors out of rda’s.)
The goodies I’m thinking about purchasing are:
Bonza RDA
0.2ohm geek vape alien Clapton coils
Wick n vape cotton bacon
And the coil master meter
Also some ceramic tweezers

Do you think that all would be ok with my alien? Is the coils the correct ones? I just need a bit of advice and basically the go ahead from you vets if what I’m about to order is good or not.

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate any and all feedback! :)

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello and it is the best decision you ever made. I quit a year and a half ago and would not have been able to without getting into vaping.
As far as the RDA, I have not used the Bonza. Others here might be able to give some advice on that.
I use a few different ones like the GOON 1.5, a Colt, Ijoy Combo Triangle and some old school ones.
You can find the Colt RDA at elementvape.com for $10 right now. Easy to build on. It does not come with a drip tip so you need a 510 drip tip for it.
You can find them everywhere very easy.
YouTube is your friend to learn to build your RDA.
The coils, cotton, the ohm meter, and the tweezers are a start but depending on the RDA you choose, you may need some different tools.
Most Tanks ,RDA's and RTA's come with the tool needed but a few don't
You will also need to buy a set of small wire cutters to trim the ends of the coils after you mount them.
Also get a external battery charger to charge your batteries. Not a good idea to charge them inside your mod.
Always buy good batteries like Sony or Samsung.
That should be all you need. Everything listed here will work on your Alien
If I forgot anything, someone will be sure to let you know. Everyone here is very helpful.
Good luck with your vaping journey. DO NOT go back to smoking!
If you feel the need to smoke, get some juice with higher nicotine content.
I started at 18mg and now I am down to 6mg.
Again, Good luck!

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
First, hello all!
I quit smoking about two weeks ago and started vaping since then and it’s been one of the best decisions I’ve made in a while. So I purchased a Smok alien 220w mod kit and I do love the baby beast tank on it but Im also very interested in an Rda to use (I ordered a BUNCH of liquids and I need something to test them out plus I know you can get the best flavors out of rda’s.)
The goodies I’m thinking about purchasing are:
Bonza RDA
0.2ohm geek vape alien Clapton coils
Wick n vape cotton bacon
And the coil master meter
Also some ceramic tweezers

Do you think that all would be ok with my alien? Is the coils the correct ones? I just need a bit of advice and basically the go ahead from you vets if what I’m about to order is good or not.

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate any and all feedback! :)
Sounds good, and welcome aboard....:vino:

Hello and it is the best decision you ever made. I quit a year and a half ago and would not have been able to without getting into vaping.
As far as the RDA, I have not used the Bonza. Others here might be able to give some advice on that.
I use a few different ones like the GOON 1.5, a Colt, Ijoy Combo Triangle and some old school ones.
You can find the Colt RDA at elementvape.com for $10 right now. Easy to build on. It does not come with a drip tip so you need a 510 drip tip for it.
You can find them everywhere very easy.
YouTube is your friend to learn to build your RDA.
The coils, cotton, the ohm meter, and the tweezers are a start but depending on the RDA you choose, you may need some different tools.
Most Tanks ,RDA's and RTA's come with the tool needed but a few don't
You will also need to buy a set of small wire cutters to trim the ends of the coils after you mount them.
Also get a external battery charger to charge your batteries. Not a good idea to charge them inside your mod.
Always buy good batteries like Sony or Samsung.
That should be all you need. Everything listed here will work on your Alien
If I forgot anything, someone will be sure to let you know. Everyone here is very helpful.
Good luck with your vaping journey. DO NOT go back to smoking!
If you feel the need to smoke, get some juice with higher nicotine content.
I started at 18mg and now I am down to 6mg.
Again, Good luck!

Thank you so much! Yes wire cutters as well. I’m researching a ton especially about ohms law and I think I have a good grasp on things. Definitely grabbing an external charger as well. :) I just wanted to make sure those items were compatible and ok to go ahead and buy/use. Thank goodness for youtube though, I’ve learned so much and it’s been fun as ever doing so lol. Have a great night!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thank you so much! Yes wire cutters as well. I’m researching a ton especially about ohms law and I think I have a good grasp on things. Definitely grabbing an external charger as well. :) I just wanted to make sure those items were compatible and ok to go ahead and buy/use. Thank goodness for youtube though, I’ve learned so much and it’s been fun as ever doing so lol. Have a great night!
Ohms law will become important should you ever decide to try a mechanical mod (which has no protection). Aside from that, watts and heat flux will be what you want to look at. The size of your coil, how many watts to heat it to the temperature you like. A basic guideline I have discovered, is the length of your coil should not be longer than 2 to 2.5x the inner diameter of the coil. So the coil can draw juice properly without burning in the middle.

VU Sponsors