Become a Patron!

New vaper, thinking of trying Nic Salts.

Hello guys. I just started vaping just around 3 weeks now. Vaping is ok for me for the most part, I vape 6mg and go through 2-3ml a day. I use an Aspire Skystar with Revvo tank. Some days at work I get really stressed out and it doesn't cut it for me. I was wondering if nicotine salts would be a good fix on those extra stress days? I can't decide if I should and what mg to start, 35 or 50? I used to smoke about 3/4 to over a pack a day of Marlboro gold and parliaments. Thanks for the help and input!

NATURE

Member For 1 Year
Are you using 6mg because that's as high as you can go due to throat hit? I'm new too but the way I understand it, you should use the same nic content with both. However, nic salts are supposed to be smoother so if 6mg is as high as you can go with conventional juice you might want to try 12mg with the salts. A lot will depend on your coil choice and vape style. If you're sub ohm chain vaping 35 or 50 will probably be way too much.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Kamikaze J and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I personally do not have experience with Nic Salts but I only vape 3MG. When I 1st started vaping I was at 24-36MG and throat hit was important but I went down to 3MG within a month or so. I vape from the time I open my eyes to the time I close them and take hits in my sleep~! LMFAO

If you want I can tag my buddy to give you 1st hand educated information on Nic Salts but if you just want more Nic with the throat hit stick with freebase Nicotine. If you want more Nic that is smoother and less TH go with Salts. @David Wolf care to share some of your wisdom?

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Hello guys. I just started vaping just around 3 weeks now. Vaping is ok for me for the most part, I vape 6mg and go through 2-3ml a day. I use an Aspire Skystar with Revvo tank. Some days at work I get really stressed out and it doesn't cut it for me. I was wondering if nicotine salts would be a good fix on those extra stress days? I can't decide if I should and what mg to start, 35 or 50? I used to smoke about 3/4 to over a pack a day of Marlboro gold and parliaments. Thanks for the help and input!
I don't think 35 or 50 would be appropriate in a sub-ohm tank. Those strengths are intended for low-power devices. If you're going to run this in the same hardware, try 12, or 18 at the absolute most.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I always tell folks to vape the same nic levels with salts they are used too, but 6mg 2-3 ml a day doesent seem to be working for you and you pretty much have to diy to get lower than around 24-36 mg nic salts. Try the lower nic salts levels and maybe limit to around 2 ml or less a day. If you get light headed or dizzy or a headache its too much nic. Only takes about 6 or so hits to satisfy. I vape 24-32 mg nic salts (diy) about 2ml a day MTL at 9-12W. Also good advice from others in posts above.

VU Sponsors