Become a Patron!

New Vaper

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm a 32 yr smoker who is 43 days cigarette free. I quit using the Aspire Breeze and 36mg nic salt. I bought a Smok Infinix to try but still something is missing? Where do I go next? I have watched numerous you tube reviews & I'm going to try the Vandy Vape bsrkr MTL kit next but I haven't been able to find one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I'm a 32 yr smoker who is 43 days cigarette free. I quit using the Aspire Breeze and 36mg nic salt. I bought a Smok Infinix to try but still something is missing? Where do I go next? I have watched numerous you tube reviews & I'm going to try the Vandy Vape bsrkr MTL kit next but I haven't been able to find one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here you go, says pre order but might be in now https://myvpro.com/vandy-vape-berserker-mtl-kit/

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What is missing is the smoke. Brace yourself... you are no longer a smoker, you are a vaper. Vape does not taste like smoke so tobacco flavor is a weak thread to cling to when quitting. Main thing you want is the sensation of puffing like you would a cigarette.. (mouth to lung), getting enough nicotine per vaping session and the "throat hit" that burn you feel when you inhale. Usually 40/60 or 50/50 pg vg blend will give you your throat hit. (more pg = more throat hit)
Eventually, you wont even care about TH.. lol just nicotine, flavor and big fluffy clouds... and watching youtube for a way to make them look like bunnies and unicorns to impress the ladies..

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Eventually, you wont even care about TH.. .

Throat Hit = Cute Industry Slang For Chronic Throat Irritation.

I have a feeling that besides certain flavoring agents being the only unknown "harms" of vaping that certain vapers may have throat problems.

I'm talking about in 50 years when we have lifetime vapers who have been vaping from 20 to 70 years old.

Constant throat irritation 300 plus times a day for 50 years can't be good for the throat/esophagus.

I just don't know if it's "bad" either.
It just can't be good.

So I avoid "throat hit" (just in case)

Nic Salts almost totally solve the throat hit problem though.

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
Hi Troy. Congrats on quitting smoking. I too have just recently quit cigarettes. 8 days now. I turned to vaping also .I just bought the Innokin Coolfire Mini. Its a pretty good small mod and the price was right. Just wanted to say congrats and I too am from Edmonton.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Throat Hit = Cute Industry Slang For Chronic Throat Irritation.

I have a feeling that besides certain flavoring agents being the only unknown "harms" of vaping that certain vapers may have throat problems.

I'm talking about in 50 years when we have lifetime vapers who have been vaping from 20 to 70 years old.

Constant throat irritation 300 plus times a day for 50 years can't be good for the throat/esophagus.

I just don't know if it's "bad" either.
It just can't be good.

So I avoid "throat hit" (just in case)

Nic Salts almost totally solve the throat hit problem though.
Throat Hit is actually the "burn" you feel when taking a drag on a cigarette which is simulated by PG content in the juice. As funny as it sounds, this is also one of the factors why vaping is better that patches.. you feel like you just took a drag on a cigarette. Now we know vaping is not smoking, but while we try to kick the smoking habit, simulating as much of the actual smoking sensation as possible becomes quite important. Now as you go along and get away from the actual tobacco addiction, you tend to like flavor and clouds, and throat hit becomes less desirable because it interferes with how much we can vape. I could never chain vape at higher than 30% PG.

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
Hi gbalkam,

I am currently vaping a 70/30 blend with 35mg nicotine in it and I am having no problem with too much throat hit. I just bought one yesterday that is also a 70/30 blend with only 6mg nicotine and it definitely not the same as when I tried it in the store. Its way harsher in my vape compared to the vape from the store. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hi gbalkam,

I am currently vaping a 70/30 blend with 35mg nicotine in it and I am having no problem with too much throat hit. I just bought one yesterday that is also a 70/30 blend with only 6mg nicotine and it definitely not the same as when I tried it in the store. Its way harsher in my vape compared to the vape from the store. I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Did you burn your coil perhaps?

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Troy. Congrats on quitting smoking. I too have just recently quit cigarettes. 8 days now. I turned to vaping also .I just bought the Innokin Coolfire Mini. Its a pretty good small mod and the price was right. Just wanted to say congrats and I too am from Edmonton.
Thanks RyGuy3186 congratulations on quitting!! I watched a few reviews on the coolfire mini looks like a great setup. What MG of nicotine are you vaping? I'm assuming it's free base not nic salt?

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Throat Hit is actually the "burn" you feel when taking a drag on a cigarette which is simulated by PG content in the juice. As funny as it sounds, this is also one of the factors why vaping is better that patches.. you feel like you just took a drag on a cigarette. Now we know vaping is not smoking, but while we try to kick the smoking habit, simulating as much of the actual smoking sensation as possible becomes quite important. Now as you go along and get away from the actual tobacco addiction, you tend to like flavor and clouds, and throat hit becomes less desirable because it interferes with how much we can vape. I could never chain vape at higher than 30% PG.
I tired the patch, gum, lozenges, cold turkey, & I even got hypnotized years ago by Raveen nothing worked. I bought a kangertech something about 5 years ago & I couldn't use it without coughing violently. I had quit quitting!! This time around with the nic salt it's working but i still am not fully satisfied. I am considering buying some free base nicotine & different device but I remember the coughing & I'm a little hesitant.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I tired the patch, gum, lozenges, cold turkey, & I even got hypnotized years ago by Raveen nothing worked. I bought a kangertech something about 5 years ago & I couldn't use it without coughing violently. I had quit quitting!! This time around with the nic salt it's working but i still am not fully satisfied. I am considering buying some free base nicotine & different device but I remember the coughing & I'm a little hesitant.
Most people cough when switching to vape, mainly because it is something they aren't used to. Same as you did when you first started smoking. The coughing should lessen in a couple days. Keep drinking water and that will help. Also lean toward the 10 to 30% PG juices. The higher the VG, the smoother the vape. You can also run a lower wattage and more airflow, to "thin" the vapor.
LOL remember how new smokers started? KISS the tip of the cigarette and then inhale all air. You can do the same with a vape.
LMAO.. you know.. I could go into about 3 paragraphs about being able to do more then kiss the tip as you continue vaping and get used to it... I just don't think it would get past the censors.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi gbalkam,

The difference is most likely that the 35mg/ml eliquid is nicotine salt base and the 6mg/ml is regular nic.

This may sound totally nuts to someone who hasn't tried nic salt eliquid but I get more throat hit from 6mg/ml regular nic elquid then 50mg/ml nic salt liquid.

The harshness could also be from stale (oxidized) nicotine as well.
So the juice you bought may have been a bad batch.

What is the brand name of the 6mg/ml eliquid?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Sure, I think most of us looked for a flavor and the same feeling as a cigarette when we switched.
Then after your sense of smell/taste come all the way back in a couple months most are looking for the opposite of remembering how smoking feels.

Throat hit is important to some, maybe even the majority while in the switching process.

But the opposite sometimes happens where throat hit causes new would be vapers to cough so much that they then give up and return to smoking..
For those who can't handle the throat hit for the first month or two after stopping smoking the nic salt eliquids could give the smokers who tried and failed the second chance they needed.

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The difference is most likely that the 35mg/ml eliquid is nicotine salt base and the 6mg/ml is regular nic.

This may sound totally nuts to someone who hasn't tried nic salt eliquid but I get more throat hit from 6mg/ml regular nic elquid then 50mg/ml nic salt liquid.

The harshness could also be from stale (oxidized) nicotine as well.
So the juice you bought may have been a bad batch.

What is the brand name of the 6mg/ml eliquid?
I don't remember that was years ago. I gave that juice & kanger set up to a buddy. The nic salt I've been using is all day vapor, dash vapes, & nkd 100 brand. If I buy another device & free base I should buy 6mg?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use regular 3mg/ml in my bigger sub ohm devices.

The Nic Salts I use is Mr. Salt in an Aspire Gusto Mini Pod style device.

Some companies are now offering low nic salt so there are some brands that carry 6mg/ml in salt if you keep getting the same issue with 3mg/ml or if 3mg/ml isn't enough.

WotofoOfficial

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
you may need to get a good build in there, you have the throat hit from the nic and you have the flavor the only thing we see that you possibly miss is the heat off of the puff

In my case (I stopped smoking 6 mo ago) it was not so much the nicotine. I bought some juice, some with 3 mg and some with 0mg, and I could not feel the difference. It was more the psychological effect of having something in your hand and every once in a while take a draw. I have not had ONE cigarette since. And I hope this helps. It will work, just be strong.

VU Sponsors