Become a Patron!

New Vaper

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone. I need some help understanding a few things when it comes to vaping. My gf and I are new to vaping as we switched over to quit smoking. We went out and bought the "coolfire mini's". They came with 0.8ohm coils and they have wattage control or voltage control. We don't anything about this and need some help. So my gf bought a grape flavoured juice which is 70/30 and I bought a barbershop brand which is also 70/30. We feel as though it is very harsh and don't know what to do to get the harshness to go away. Can anyone give us some recommendations please? TIA

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This one? https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/cool-fire-mini/
Out of the box it may be in voltage mode. Wattage gives you easier control over the vape. Change it to wattage and start at about 9 watts and move up a watt, or even 1/2 a watt at a time till you like it. Vaping takes a little getting used to, and maybe starting at 9 watts is too many, but you get the idea. In the beginning, start as low as you need to, and you might not get much vapor at first and everyone's different for when they do get enough. Took me about a week and a few more cigs the next week. The more you use it, the more you'll be able to turn it up, and have it become more satisfying. The juice plays a role in harshness. 80/20 would be a little less harsh, as well as lower nicotine since that produces throat hit too. But you need enough nic to satisfy. Also, take it easy at first. No need to make yourself cough. Each day will get better if you stay with it. At first you may need that cig from time to time but always go to the vape first, and soon you'll be able to have the wattage (power) up enough for a satisfying vape and leave the cigs out of it.
And yeah, coughing is just your body saying, what's this? this isn't smoke or a cigarette! When we put the cigs down we might cough for a while too--lungs recovering

What's the nic level of the juice?

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
Hi Vape Fan,

Yes that is the vape we got. We are unable to start at a lower wattage because the coils are designed for 20-35 watts. Even playing around with those values the juice is very harsh. The juice my gf is using is 6mg nicotine. I switched to a different juice and it isn't harsh for me anymore. So I don't know what she needs to do to get rid of that.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
First thing... ignore what the coil has printed on it, that is only a recommendation.. If 20w is to harsh..drop to 18.
Also opening the airflow provides a more airy and less harsh vape. Some flavors are just more harsh. Pecan for example, i find harsher than say Captains Breakfast (Cap n crunch) flavor.
Also... drinking more water will also help

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, just start low on wattage, like stated before. what's on the coils doesn't matter. You can run them lower or higher. Higher reduces life span of the coil. 6mg is pretty low for beginner so I doubt that is the reason for her. It's just a matter of getting used to the diff between smoke and vapor. Disregard what the coil says, that's just what they think is the recommended for someone that has already been vaping, but you/she can set the wattage to whatever you want. It might take her a lil longer to get used to it, ppl are diff, persistence is key. Play around with air flow and wattage.

VU Sponsors