Become a Patron!

New wizardlabs 30ml flavor bottles

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, so I just made a new order from wizlabs and they changed their glass bottles with regular caps, to hard plastic bottles with the tips (i guess they're called cosmo bottles). I HATE THEM!! I love the idea of tips instead of the glass bottles that you have to buy along with having to buy the droppers separately, but the new bottles are a super rigid plastic that have no give. So you have to force 1 drop at a time. I have arthritis in my hands and these just won't work. I'm going to have to use the lpde dropper bottles that i got for my mixes and put my flavors in them instead. I'm really disappointed because I only have 4 bottles left over after I swap them. But at the same time, the opening of the lpde bottles are like 5-6mm so I have to be extra careful when I'm filling it. Anyone know where i can get more lpde dropper bottles that have a wider mouth for really cheap?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you have to force 1 drop at a time.

I don't know exactly what those bottle tips look like, but if it was me, I think I would get out my wire cutters and try snipping some off those tips.
:luck:

Ron
---
“An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” – Buddha

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, its not the tips, its the bottles themselves. They're not squeezable whatsoever

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is why I purchase these. Not only do they work great for juice mixes, but I also put my flavorings in them.
I purchase the 30ml and 120ml bottles from WL and then just transfer the concentrate into a good drip bottle.
Makes measuring a breeze on a scale and zero difficulty getting a single drop out.

upload_2017-3-3_0-20-12.png

Bag of 50 LDPE bottles for $25.00
Bag of 100 LDPE bottles for $40.00

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LDPE leaches over time. If you like them, that's cool.

Not what I would buy, were I to use transfer bottles. I prefer the PET stuff. They crack over time, but they are stiffer and don't leach.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LDPE leaches over time. If you like them, that's cool.

Not what I would buy, were I to use transfer bottles. I prefer the PET stuff. They crack over time, but they are stiffer and don't leach.
The PET Boston Rounds are the exact bottles that WL is now shipping for 30ml and 120ml concentrates.

upload_2017-3-3_1-37-5.png

upload_2017-3-3_1-40-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-3_1-38-50.png
    upload_2017-3-3_1-38-50.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 9

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What kind of time frame? I haven't let mine sit long enough to know before I gotta buy more concentrate. :D
Bought some juice from a local shop and vaped half the 30 mil. Put it in the juice cupboard and 4-6 weeks later, the juice tasted like plastic.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The PET Boston Rounds are the exact bottles that WL is now shipping for 30ml and 120ml concentrates.

View attachment 75667

View attachment 75669
The PET bottles that were used locally that I liked, were 30 mil pets with drip tips. Obviously thinner material than the bottles that wizard is using.

I know the 120's I use for mixing into are PET and are thinner than what wizard has too.

www.usplastic.com is a good source for all kinds of containers.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought some juice from a local shop and vaped half the 30 mil. Put it in the juice cupboard and 4-6 weeks later, the juice tasted like plastic.
Eww, that's nasty. I guess I should find some other bottles? Depending if you got the same bottles?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Eww, that's nasty. I guess I should find some other bottles? Depending if you got the same bottles?

If you have already paid for some, try them out. Maybe they will be ok, maybe they will not.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I've been using the Amazon bottles for over 6 months now without any plastic taste, etc. And I've hot rinsed and reused without carryover flavors, even concentrate.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been using the Amazon bottles for over 6 months now without any plastic taste, etc. And I've hot rinsed and reused without carryover flavors, even concentrate.

Only trouble I ever had with the 15ml "blue cap" ones was the cap stripping out over time.
Used to buy them from MBV.
Have since switched to the 15ml "white cap" version sold by ECX.
None have stripped out yet and I reuse all my bottles for new mixes.
Never had any plastic taste yet either.

I've got some of those flavors in the hard plastic ones myself and find them quite hard to squeeze also.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The lpde or the pet?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only trouble I ever had with the 15ml "blue cap" ones was the cap stripping out over time.
Used to buy them from MBV.
Have since switched to the 15ml "white cap" version sold by ECX.
None have stripped out yet and I reuse all my bottles for new mixes.
Never had any plastic taste yet either.

I've got some of those flavors in the hard plastic ones myself and find them quite hard to squeeze also.
Yeah, i wish they had double checked their product before switching. I know the concensus is PET as the preferred plastic but I think they should offer a choice in bottle material for those that don't have issues with the lpde (or is it ldpe? Lol)

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, i wish they had double checked their product before switching. I know the concensus is PET as the preferred plastic but I think they should offer a choice in bottle material for those that don't have issues with the lpde (or is it ldpe? Lol)

WL bottles are PET

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LDPE is low density polyethylene or the same material that milk jugs are made of. HDPE is high density polyethylene. PET is
Polyethylene terephthalate.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
LDPE is low density polyethylene or the same material that milk jugs are made of. HDPE is high density polyethylene. PET is
Polyethylene terephthalate.
Would HDPE bottles be thicker than the LDPE, possibly more resistant to "contaminating" the liquids, but still easier to squeeze you think ?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Would HDPE bottles be thicker than the LDPE, possibly more resistant to "contaminating" the liquids, but still easier to squeeze you think ?
Likely the same thickness, but a little stiffer material. PET, I would say, the stiffest at the same thickness.
HDPE and PET are the ones most likely to crack over time from use. They are stiffer polymers.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Likely the same thickness, but a little stiffer material. PET, I would say, the stiffest at the same thickness.
HDPE and PET are the ones most likely to crack over time from use. They are stiffer polymers.
Yup, I'll just stick with the LDPE i'm getting from Amazon. They have served very well thus far and haven't had any plastic taste issues out of any of them.
Nice and easy to squeeze also. Makes mixing and filling a breeze.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, I'll just stick with the LDPE i'm getting from Amazon. They have served very well thus far and haven't had any plastic taste issues out of any of them.
I second this. Compared to the WizLabs PET bottles, the LDPE ones I ordered (that I'm slowly transferring my concentrates into) are amazing for ease and fillability (ha, I just made that up lol)

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@PhantomOp what's the longest amount of time you've kept a flavor or a mix in an LDPE bottle?

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@PhantomOp what's the longest amount of time you've kept a flavor or a mix in an LDPE bottle?
Going on 7 months now. My original flavors are all in the LDPE bottles from WL and Bull City. I just mixed with one of the oldest ones last week and vaped it this morning. No plastic taste on anything yet.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The reason glass is used for flavorings, is because it stops the flavor from becoming weaker faster. If you read up on storage of flavors, you'll see what I mean. Yeah, using LDPE for filling tanks and short term storage is fine. But it does effect juice longer term.

If you are happy with where things are for you, cool beans.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The reason glass is used for flavorings, is because it stops the flavor from becoming weaker faster. If you read up on storage of flavors, you'll see what I mean. Yeah, using LDPE for filling tanks and short term storage is fine. But it does effect juice longer term.

If you are happy with where things are for you, cool beans.
I understand what your saying, and I agree that glass is better. So, let me clarify exactly what I'm doing so there is no confusion on my statements.

My flavorings that are in the LDPE bottles are my "mixing / working" flavorings. I am buying 120ml at a time and put 30ml in my "working" LDPE bottles.
I leave the remaining flavorings in the PET bottles that i'm getting from WL.

I then mix my juices into the LDPE 30ml or 60ml bottles. I've not had a juice "mix" sit around long enough to sustain any amount of plastics tastes from an LDPE bottle.

So, in short. I'm not saying that LDPE bottles can't and don't produce plastics tastes after time. I'm simply saying that I've not experienced it after 7 months of my "working" flavorings sitting in the 30ml LDPE bottles.

Would I used LDPE for :
• Long term storage -- no. I would use glass for long term storage.
• 1-2 years storage -- not likely. I would prefer glass or PET bottles.
• Short term / mixing / juice usage -- absolutely. I can squeeze the bottle much easier.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool. I can get along with that. Great answer.

I'm still using syringes so for me and mixing, squeezy bottles make no difference. Those that mix by weight, it will.

You could still use a syringe and needles if necessary, but whatever works is what works.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I'm still using syringes so for me and mixing, squeezy bottles make no difference. Those that mix by weight, it will.

You could still use a syringe and needles if necessary, but whatever works is what works.
Yea, I started with the syringes and blunt needles trick for a while. I then started going through more and more syringes (cheap ones off of amazon will tend to seize up after using them over multiple times). I finally got pissed with syringes and got a small bag of the LDPE bottles and my digital scale. That was a game changers took mixing time to a quarter of what it was taking with syringes. I now only use syringes for adding in my Nicotine. I measure that out every time because I am precise about the amount being put in.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I use the same syringes for long periods of time. Each syringe is dedicated to one thing (flavors, VG, PG, Nic) and rinsed well after each use. I buy my syringes from farm supply stores. Kendall makes the best syringes, IMO.

Never have converted to mixing by weight. Doesn't take me long at all to mix. I usually am mixing in 120's and at least 3 at a time. I usually will do a 30 mil of something when I mix too, of something new.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use the same syringes for long periods of time. Each syringe is dedicated to one thing (flavors, VG, PG, Nic) and rinsed well after each use. I buy my syringes from farm supply stores. Kendall makes the best syringes, IMO.

Never have converted to mixing by weight. Doesn't take me long at all to mix. I usually am mixing in 120's and at least 3 at a time. I usually will do a 30 mil of something when I mix too, of something new.
I'm still working with a lot of 10ml and 30ml mixing as we (wife and I) are on a "flavor hunt". We mix a LOT of small ones.
We've only mixed up a few 120ml batches and ONE 1000ml batch of our FAVORITE mix (Buttermint Swirl). That one was easy --- mixed straight from the 120ml PET bottles on that one.

I use the same syringes for long periods of time. Each syringe is dedicated to one thing (flavors, VG, PG, Nic) and rinsed well after each use.

Same as I was doing with my syringes. Just seems the Amazon ones are crap and frustrated me quickly.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going on 7 months now. My original flavors are all in the LDPE bottles from WL and Bull City. I just mixed with one of the oldest ones last week and vaped it this morning. No plastic taste on anything yet.
Oh good. I'm happy to hear that. Then i have no need to order more bottles until my friends and family don't bring back the ones i make their juices in lol

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I understand what your saying, and I agree that glass is better. So, let me clarify exactly what I'm doing so there is no confusion on my statements.

My flavorings that are in the LDPE bottles are my "mixing / working" flavorings. I am buying 120ml at a time and put 30ml in my "working" LDPE bottles.
I leave the remaining flavorings in the PET bottles that i'm getting from WL.

I then mix my juices into the LDPE 30ml or 60ml bottles. I've not had a juice "mix" sit around long enough to sustain any amount of plastics tastes from an LDPE bottle.

So, in short. I'm not saying that LDPE bottles can't and don't produce plastics tastes after time. I'm simply saying that I've not experienced it after 7 months of my "working" flavorings sitting in the 30ml LDPE bottles.

Would I used LDPE for :
• Long term storage -- no. I would use glass for long term storage.
• 1-2 years storage -- not likely. I would prefer glass or PET bottles.
• Short term / mixing / juice usage -- absolutely. I can squeeze the bottle much easier.
Ahh, makes more sense now. I think I may just put half of my flavors back in the PET bottles. At least the ones that I won't use up within a few months. But that begs the question. What about reusing the bottles after said flavor is empty?

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I started DIY that way and then i got tired of cleaning up everything after I finished making juice and switched to mixing by weight. I chain vape, so i go through 15-30ml a day

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, I started with the syringes and blunt needles trick for a while. I then started going through more and more syringes (cheap ones off of amazon will tend to seize up after using them over multiple times). I finally got pissed with syringes and got a small bag of the LDPE bottles and my digital scale. That was a game changers took mixing time to a quarter of what it was taking with syringes. I now only use syringes for adding in my Nicotine. I measure that out every time because I am precise about the amount being put in.
Same here. And my niece wouldn't wash out my syringes after filling her tfv8 with the small refill hole and mine would seize up faster, so I switched and just stopped using syringes all together, except to transfer my flavors to my LDPE bottles

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still working with a lot of 10ml and 30ml mixing as we (wife and I) are on a "flavor hunt". We mix a LOT of small ones.
We've only mixed up a few 120ml batches and ONE 1000ml batch of our FAVORITE mix (Buttermint Swirl). That one was easy --- mixed straight from the 120ml PET bottles on that one.

Same as I was doing with my syringes. Just seems the Amazon ones are crap and frustrated me quickly.
Mine were from liquid barn and weren't too bad. I just HATED trying to pull VG through them. I use high VG. I've been doing 25/75-20/80 as of late because my mixes have been tasting almost flavorless at 10/90-5/95.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is my "stash" of "working" flavorings ... so far.
View attachment 75823
Looks like almost as much as mine. I'll have to take a pic when I get home. I want to reorganize them though. I get the 8ml WL bottles when I'm trying flavors for the first time and I use test tube racks to hold them. I LOVE THEM! I bought a second one the other day and my last wizlabs order already almost filled it up lol

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What about reusing the bottles after said flavor is empty
As of right now, I have re-purchased 120ml of ones that I have used up and just refill the 30ml bottle.

I do the 8ml flavors also (if i've never used that flavor before) to test it out. I use those up pretty quickly though when testing, or simply dump the flavor if it is disgusting -- TFA Blackberry --- taste like dish soap.

Artdragon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As of right now, I have re-purchased 120ml of ones that I have used up and just refill the 30ml bottle.

I do the 8ml flavors also (if i've never used that flavor before) to test it out. I use those up pretty quickly though when testing, or simply dump the flavor if it is disgusting -- TFA Blackberry --- taste like dish soap.
Eww, yeah, after buying some shit flavors that either tasted like alcohol or just really nasty, like INA blueberry or TFA Rainbow Drops or FW Rainbow Candy, I always read the reviews on ecigexpress before I test them for myself

USMCotaku

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine were from liquid barn and weren't too bad. I just HATED trying to pull VG through them. I use high VG. I've been doing 25/75-20/80 as of late because my mixes have been tasting almost flavorless at 10/90-5/95.

I measure out all of my nic, flavorings, and PG via syringe, then pour the VG in straight, as it will be the remaining space in my bottle for the recipe.....I tried to syringe VG exactly once....then figured out this method immediately after.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, so I just made a new order from wizlabs and they changed their glass bottles with regular caps, to hard plastic bottles with the tips (i guess they're called cosmo bottles). I HATE THEM!! I love the idea of tips instead of the glass bottles that you have to buy along with having to buy the droppers separately, but the new bottles are a super rigid plastic that have no give. So you have to force 1 drop at a time. I have arthritis in my hands and these just won't work. I'm going to have to use the lpde dropper bottles that i got for my mixes and put my flavors in them instead. I'm really disappointed because I only have 4 bottles left over after I swap them. But at the same time, the opening of the lpde bottles are like 5-6mm so I have to be extra careful when I'm filling it. Anyone know where i can get more lpde dropper bottles that have a wider mouth for really cheap?

Nicotine river has the gorilla unicorn bottles. I don't know about "really cheap" but the price on them isn't bad.

Gorilla bottles are shorter 30 mil unicorns with the widest opening that I know of for 30 mil bottles. I think they have 60 mil bottles too.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nicotine river has the gorilla unicorn bottles. I don't know about "really cheap" but the price on them isn't bad.

Gorilla bottles are shorter 30 mil unicorns with the widest opening that I know of for 30 mil bottles. I think they have 60 mil bottles too.
Cool, thanks. I was going to search some of those out today after watching Joe go "ape shit" about them on MOD Envy last night. I didn't even know about them and they look kinda cool. Curious how much they $$$

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Cool, thanks. I was going to search some of those out today after watching Joe go "ape shit" about them on MOD Envy last night. I didn't even know about them and they look kinda cool. Curious how much they $$$
I'll be upfront and tell you, mine leak some around where the tip and the bottle neck meet. Maybe I got a bad batch?

Think I paid like 75 cents each for my dozen I ordered. Not real sure though.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
mine leak some around where the tip and the bottle neck meet
That would be annoying while shaking it. Because then the cap fills up and you next shake it and it's all over your hands, desk, laptop keyboard ... you name it.

VU Sponsors