Become a Patron!

Newb from Ohio

Member For 1 Year
Decided to try kicking the smoking habit and start vaping. Been at it for about a week and struggling. I like vaping, but find myself chain vaping and still wanting a smoke. I've caved a few times and lit one up, but it's a work in progress. Here to learn and such. :wave:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Decided to try kicking the smoking habit and start vaping. Been at it for about a week and struggling. I like vaping, but find myself chain vaping and still wanting a smoke. I've caved a few times and lit one up, but it's a work in progress. Here to learn and such. :wave:

Welcome!!! Don't give up, it took a lot of people some time to completely quit, me included

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Every time you vape,,,,,,, that's one less cigarette you are smoking,,
I smoked 3 cigs a day for several months.
What nicotine level (mg/ml) are you vaping?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-
I set a quit date and stopped buying cigarettes! Yes it was tough for a few weeks ,but vaping helped take the edge off. 4 years later and still cigarette free!
Best of Luck- Stay Strong!

:wave:

GillyDaKidd78

Member For 3 Years
Welcome to the right place! Keep at it, It will get easier! There are a lot of good people here that can help.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard, don’t beat yourself up, it’s hard for the first few months...the important thing is you’re giving it a go and transitioning at your own pace (for some this can take a while)...there’s a few things you can play about with to finally kick the habit, and I’m sure your new vaping family here will help you all the way

:vino:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:vino:

Every cig you don't smoke is a win! It took me a couple of weeks dual using to finally quit. Just keep at it and it will happen!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Karma and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I was a dual user for 3-4 years before I finally decided enough and went cold turkey. You are trying to do it without weaning off the cigarettes so my best advice is up the Nicotine because I needed 24-36MG when I quit to ward off the evil cravings~! Good Luck you are on the way to becoming a former smoker I have faith you can and will do it.
:vino::cheers::drunk::crazy:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh by the way the cravings were still there but with that high of a nicotine level I was able to get passed the crave for a smoke.

Member For 1 Year
Thanks! I'm using 6 mg nic right now and less chain vaping. I find that I get nic sick if I hit this too many times in too short a period, so I don't think I really want to go any higher. I can also, the past day or so go all day without a cigarette easily, without even thinking about it, not even craving a morning smoke. Then hubby gets home lights one up and it's all over. Offered to share mine with him at night so he's not ruining my progress.. but he hates the sour strawberry juice I have so that's a no go.

Was supposed to be a "quit together" kind of thing but his turned out to be a doa and waiting on a replacement. So, will get even easier once he's not waving cigs in my face I'd imagine.
Welcome @Karma and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

I was a dual user for 3-4 years before I finally decided enough and went cold turkey. You are trying to do it without weaning off the cigarettes so my best advice is up the Nicotine because I needed 24-36MG when I quit to ward off the evil cravings~! Good Luck you are on the way to becoming a former smoker I have faith you can and will do it.
:vino::cheers::drunk::crazy:

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My GF quit cold freaking turkey but it took my ass almost 4 years. You have to decide you want to stop. I went with the high MG so I could get passed the cravings and got Nic Sick many times. But that is what it took for me to do it. Cold Turkey after 40 years of at least a pack a day of Marlboro Reds was like being a h*roin addict. It physically hurt but I toughed it out and here I am a former smoker. Good Luck but I think you are almost there~! Be patient with him because you know us men~!

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Glad you joined up - and give yourself a break :wave:

Frankly, I dual used for three years before I was actually able to completely quit smoking - but it has been well over two years since I had a smoke and will. celebrate three years cigarette free this January.

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I smoked for nearly 35 years and was never able to quit. Upwards of 2 packs a day at times. My wife smoked a pack a day.
We haven't quit completely, but now a pack might last the two of us a week.

It's natural to still have cravings, especially some of the times you would normally want to light up. With me it was a smoke with morning coffee, after meals, etc. or anything stressful.

You'll get there, in time, as I will hopefully.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The fact that you are here excited about vaping is a good thing.

Some people take a few months or even years to fully switch and some do it overnight.

This is a great time to choose to switch because there are so many ways to customize your vaping experience now that there is something for everybody.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Welcome to VU. Don't stress the odd smoke here and there, you'll get there. It will help considerably when hubs is vaping as well. Congrats on the progress you've already made.

VU Sponsors