Become a Patron!

Newbee

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hello From North Carolina....Thanks for adding.
Been vaping for a short time and trying to kick the habit of smoking.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Pleased to meetcha Bear :wave:

Just vape as much as you can and don't beat yourself up when you do grab a smoke - not everyone can just make the switch 100% right away :)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!

Don't count how many you smoked, count how many you didn't smoke! Just a little positive reinforcement.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Pleased to meetcha Bear :wave:

Just vape as much as you can and don't beat yourself up when you do grab a smoke - not everyone can just make the switch 100% right away :)

That

Welcome

The Mrs and I have been going the same route. I'm on day 8 and she is still trying to get day 1 under her belt.

It's struggle but you can do it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Guys - it took me 2.5 years dual using to quit my 37-year 2.5 PAD habit, lol

There are a lot of dedicated vapers here who still occasionally smoke. While the goal is to quit, not everyone can do it right off the bat.

Cigarette addiction is insidious

I was always jealous of those people who would post "I took one drag from my new vape and never looked back!"

But, will have exactly one year, six months without a single puff tomorrow

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
Took me 14 months to get from 1.5 PAD to 1 a day today. Hang in there with it.
Keep a close eye on your nicotine mg. I made my best progress when I dropped from 12mg to 6 mg.

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Thanks so much for the encouragement on the cigarettes (analog) if I am getting this new terminology down pat and also the nice greetings....

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey BeerHunter a good chunk of us ended up here for similar reasons. Our health was going to shit, we were tired of everything smelling like a dirty ashtray, the chunk of change smoking was robbing from us, the slavery to something we had grown to hate. The list goes on forever. Just saying we've been there and done that so I think we can be here to help someone else make it though the struggle.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Guys - it took me 2.5 years dual using to quit my 37-year 2.5 PAD habit, lol

There are a lot of dedicated vapers here who still occasionally smoke. While the goal is to quit, not everyone can do it right off the bat.

Cigarette addiction is insidious

I was always jealous of those people who would post "I took one drag from my new vape and never looked back!"

But, will have exactly one year, six months without a single puff tomorrow
I quit for 3 years but have been dual using since August last year & it's hard for sure :(

@BearHunter104 welcome, glad you discovered vaping. 95 percent more healthy. You shan't regret it :)

CrazyCatLady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU! :wave: It took me about a year of duel use before I finally quit a 25 year PAD habit. What finally helped me was updating my setup from a pen style to a subtank nano kit a year and half ago. Finding the right setup is a big help in staying away from the stinkies. But watch out for the rabbit hole :p

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers:

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU! :wave: It took me about a year of duel use before I finally quit a 25 year PAD habit. What finally helped me was updating my setup from a pen style to a subtank nano kit a year and half ago. Finding the right setup is a big help in staying away from the stinkies. But watch out for the rabbit hole :p
I started smoking again since august. It's hard for sure!

CrazyCatLady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started smoking again since august. It's hard for sure!

It's hard, yes. But possible. I struggled to quit smoking for many years. I've tried patches, gum and prescription meds. They either didn't work, or made me sick. The best thing about vaping is it can be personalized!

IMHO once you find a tank/rta/rda and mod that satisfies you and the perfect flavor/strength e-fluid, it becomes easier to quit cigarettes. Yes, it still takes will power, but personally vaping tastes better then any cigarette. And after you quit, vaping tastes even better. Some people like to experiment with different setups. I found the setup I like, but I love to experiment with different flavors. I usually have 3 tanks with different flavors in each, and I'll vape on all of them throughout the day. It's what works for me.

Some people still have withdrawal symptoms (I did), but vaping makes it more tolerable because the act of vaping replaces the physical act of smoking. And although e-liquid contains nicotine, it doesn't contain the MAOIs that cigarettes contain. But the nicotine does help curb the cravings. Vaping is the only thing that has helped me to stay quit!

Will I ever quit vaping? I don't know. When I first started, I was using 18mg, and now I'm down to 3mg. Anything higher and I become nic sick. The longer I'm away from cigarettes, the less tolerant I am to nicotine. But for right now, I'm not willing to give up vaping. I don't want the temptation to go back to smoking. Vaping is more satisfying and doesn't have the adverse health effects of cigarettes.

I know, more info then you were looking for. But my advice, don't give up. Find the setup that satisfies you and stick with it. It does get easier! And VU is a great support network!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's hard, yes. But possible. I struggled to quit smoking for many years. I've tried patches, gum and prescription meds. They either didn't work, or made me sick. The best thing about vaping is it can be personalized!
Thanks for the info, I've not had a cigarette since Monday. Coolfire iv & nautilus mini with high nicotine has killed the cravings that sub ohm didn't satisfy.

IMHO once you find a tank/rta/rda and mod that satisfies you and the perfect flavor/strength e-fluid, it becomes easier to quit cigarettes. Yes, it still takes will power, but personally vaping tastes better then any cigarette. And after you quit, vaping tastes even better. Some people like to experiment with different setups. I found the setup I like, but I love to experiment with different flavors. I usually have 3 tanks with different flavors in each, and I'll vape on all of them throughout the day. It's what works for me.

Some people still have withdrawal symptoms (I did), but vaping makes it more tolerable because the act of vaping replaces the physical act of smoking. And although e-liquid contains nicotine, it doesn't contain the MAOIs that cigarettes contain. But the nicotine does help curb the cravings. Vaping is the only thing that has helped me to stay quit!

Will I ever quit vaping? I don't know. When I first started, I was using 18mg, and now I'm down to 3mg. Anything higher and I become nic sick. The longer I'm away from cigarettes, the less tolerant I am to nicotine. But for right now, I'm not willing to give up vaping. I don't want the temptation to go back to smoking. Vaping is more satisfying and doesn't have the adverse health effects of cigarettes.

I know, more info then you were looking for. But my advice, don't give up. Find the setup that satisfies you and stick with it. It does get easier! And VU is a great support network!

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I was typing things in your quote, but I said thanks for the kind words. Sub ohming wasn't working but thanks to my Nautilus mini I have quit.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry I was typing things in your quote, but I said thanks for the kind words. Sub ohming wasn't working but thanks to my Nautilus mini I have quit.

The important thing there is you quit.:bliss:

i got home this morning and managed a 3 hour nap. It's payday here and the wife is in getting the greeting cards put together for the creditors. We are going to make the drive down to the vape shop this afternoon to pick something up for my son for his upcoming birthday and look at a Nautilus Mini setup for my wife.

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Thank you very much for the encouragement.......................

BearHunter104

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hey BeerHunter a good chunk of us ended up here for similar reasons. Our health was going to shit, we were tired of everything smelling like a dirty ashtray, the chunk of change smoking was robbing from us, the slavery to something we had grown to hate. The list goes on forever. Just saying we've been there and done that so I think we can be here to help someone else make it though the struggle.

Thanks for your encouragement....

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The important thing there is you quit.:bliss:

i got home this morning and managed a 3 hour nap. It's payday here and the wife is in getting the greeting cards put together for the creditors. We are going to make the drive down to the vape shop this afternoon to pick something up for my son for his upcoming birthday and look at a Nautilus Mini setup for my wife.
Ah well happy birthday to him :) the nautilus mini has been my favourite tank for 3 years! I have just ordered another at my local shop & I got another coolfire iv yesterday, stocking up.

VU Sponsors