Become a Patron!

Newbie buying mega 200watt vape off ebay. What tank to get.

I have quality batteries so i'm not to worried and i have a decent vape which i use as a daily, but i was looking to buying a really high wattage vape just for fun. 510 thread 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes) / 0.1-3.5ohm (VW mode)

Basically looking for a cheap tank which can handle 200watts. What do i need to look when buying?? thanks

Eleaf iStick TC200W btw.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Eleaf iStick TC200W btw.
The battery doors are crap. I had two and the doors went bad on both. The mod works well until then. You can take it apart and epoxy a bit of metal to the underside of the latch base (what I did) or shove a tooth pick in the bolt part of the latch to hold it up.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
You really shouldn't buy mods off ebay. Meg's beat the crap out of hers and no issues other than paint beat up.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You really shouldn't buy mods off ebay. Meg's beat the crap out of hers and no issues other than paint beat up.
That's good to know. They must have fixed them. The first batches were bad the local shop had everyone they sold come back.
I like the mod I still have one with Arctic Fox on it and it works the best out of 4 Joyetech chipped mod's I have in TC mode.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
That's good to know. They must have fixed them. The first batches were bad the local shop had everyone they sold come back.
I like the mod I still have one with Arctic Fox on it and it works the best out of 4 Joyetech chipped mod's I have in TC mode.
She only uses power mode. That poor mod has been thru the wringer and then some. Mod is just a tool for her, she's not like some of us. I always choose her mods for her, they are nothing like my gear. She's been a great friend and cousin so I bought a Minikin 2 with her in mind. Wanted her to have something that would look good for awhile anyway.lol

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have quality batteries so i'm not to worried and i have a decent vape which i use as a daily, but i was looking to buying a really high wattage vape just for fun. 510 thread 0.05-1.5ohm (TC modes) / 0.1-3.5ohm (VW mode)

Basically looking for a cheap tank which can handle 200watts. What do i need to look when buying?? thanks

Eleaf iStick TC200W btw.
Usually, you need a high wattage mod, when you use "special" coils, that require higher wattage, in order to be able to heat up those coils in a timely manner. The Smok TFV4-12 tanks are designed to utilize replacement coils, that can handle the higher wattage. However, most of the time, they don't necessarily provide the flavor as other tanks. In addition, they suck up a lot of eJuice, in a short period of time. Therefore, if you don't make your own eJuice, I don't recommend them at all!

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
First of all.. if you are looking to use max wattage, you don't want a tank at all. There is only ONE reason to vape at high wattage.. clouds. Sure, you can get decent flavor, but you get better flavor at lower wattages. That said.. for high wattage you want and RDA or drip atomizer. The only tank I can personally tell you will handle 200W is IJOY RDTA Combo. The "beast" tanks might, but I have not personally used one, so can't comment. One problem I found with tanks and high wattage is wicking. You have to have your coils wicked in such a way that they draw enough juice while vaping at high watts. In addition to wick you also have to consider your air flow around the coil and wicking. The only tank I have heard of that uses around 200w is the TFV8 or TFV10 cloud beast. Even those depend on the coil you use. Now if we are talking clouds.. I can get bigger clouds at lower wattage than either of those tanks can produce. Its all about the coil build, juice from wick and airflow. For example.. a mutationX v4 will kick the snot out of either of those cloud beast tanks, because cloud production is specifically what it was designed for. With cloud builds (high wattage builds), you have to keep your wick fully saturated, anything more than 2 puffs per drip defeats the purpose.

VU Sponsors