Become a Patron!

Newbie here any help is appreciated

Smoked Marlboro Reds for 30 years. Got my first Vap last week. Smok v8. What strength juice should I use. 3mg is what I have. Plus what's a good Vap where I don't have to change the coils Biweekly.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found that there is not Huge correlation on what you smoked compared to what strength you need. I have known people that smoked Marlboro ultra lights, but have to have 18mg & I smoked camel crush (but never crushed them because menthol sucks, I just liked the strength & smoothness) & I've never needed more than 6mg & quickly moved down to 3mg. Try out what you have & see from there. Many shops around here will increase your nic if you need them to & ask.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok your using a tank that gives you lots of vapor at once. SO much so that anything over 12mg in that may not be pleasant 3mg is low though from my experience. i smoked reds for 25+ years and was 2 PAD when i started vaping I used 36mig nic on a stupid cartomizer that produced like 1/8th of the vapor your tank does. But when I switched to a tank like yours I immediately dropped to 6mg and it even felt a hair strong after vaping for over 3 years
SO my best suggestion is try some 6mg if the 3mg doesnt feel like its satisfying your cravings

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :wave:

Plus what's a good Vap where I don't have to change the coils Biweekly.

Two weeks ain't bad on a premade coil

I believe your attie has an optional deck you can get to turn it into a rebuildable

But even then, the coils will need servicing every week, give or take

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think he means he's changing coils twice a week. In which case, I'd be pissed too.

What coil are you vaping at what wattage there, @Bigdaddy77493 ?

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think he means he's changing coils twice a week. In which case, I'd be pissed too.

What coil are you vaping at what wattage there, @Bigdaddy77493 ?

Really? I go through a coil about every two weeks but I vape at 130w over 30ml a day. So that probably has to do with it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Really? I go through a coil about every two weeks but I vape at 130w over 30ml a day. So that probably has to do with it lol.

You're dry burning with juice lol

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're dry burning with juice lol

All my rips produce excellent flavor though. I feel like consistent chain vaping would probably make that happen, still fairly new to all this only been vaping for about 6 months so any advice is greatly appreciated. Lol.

gakudzu

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Not sure I understand the question.
2 weeks on a coil with that tank is pretty good. That's what I was averaging with it, too. I was just thinking he may have meant 2 coils per week, which is not good.

CloudChasin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure I understand the question.
2 weeks on a coil with that tank is pretty good. That's what I was averaging with it, too. I was just thinking he may have meant 2 coils per week, which is not good.

Completely misread your posts. My apologies!

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
Welcome. I think in the two to three week range is pretty average for premade coils. It depends a little on what your vaping, some juice is a lot harder on coils than others. So depending on why you want to stretch out that time determines the direction you want to go. If it's strictly a matter of convenience then get a couple tanks and switch them up every so often. If it's a matter of cost, rebuilding is the way to go. You end up re-wicking far more often than you would change a coil but it's substantially cheaper. Personally I do a combination of those things based on whether I'm feeling more lazy or more cheap at any given moment.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard :cheers: and congrats for switching over big steps there mate!

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to the Underground!

VU Sponsors