Become a Patron!

Newbie here needing help with Basic Eleaf

Hi, I'm new to vaping and I recently purchased the basic eleaf. I started having issues with it. When I take a drag, it will make a spark noise (I can feel something like a shock to my tongue), and then I taste the eliquid. I've tried cleaning this and replacing the tank and coils. Nothing seems to help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You referring to a popping noise, with hot juice landing in your mouth?

Welcome to VU......:vino:

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Sounds like a flooded coil, but could be wrong. When you prime coils, try not to overdue it. I find 1-2 drops in the side holes and 1-2 in the top tend to do it for me. BTW welcome to VU.

Sounds like a flooded coil, but could be wrong. When you prime coils, try not to overdue it. I find 1-2 drops in the side holes and 1-2 in the top tend to do it for me. BTW welcome to VU.

Hi and thank you.
I don’t think I prime my coils, but I could be wrong. I usually just fill the tank after replacing a coil and then let it sit for about 5 minutes before using it. I think it was a flooded coil. I took apart my tank and cleaned it out the best I could then replaced the old coil with a new one. So far, I haven’t had any problems... yet. Maybe I’m filling the tank too full at times.
I appreciate your help!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Hi and thank you.
I don’t think I prime my coils, but I could be wrong. I usually just fill the tank after replacing a coil and then let it sit for about 5 minutes before using it. I think it was a flooded coil. I took apart my tank and cleaned it out the best I could then replaced the old coil with a new one. So far, I haven’t had any problems... yet. Maybe I’m filling the tank too full at times.
I appreciate your help!

5 minutes might not be long enough, what is your VG/PG level on your juice? The more VG the longer the wait. You need to prime your coils dude, no sense in risking a dry hit. Depending on the tank it could be better to use higher PG. Either way make sure your coils have long enough between hit to re soak juice, I give like 3-4 seconds between puffs. One last note, keep your tank over half full, as that lets the coil reprime more effectively. No one likes a dry hit mate. Hope this helped a bit. :vino:

VU Sponsors