Become a Patron!

newbie looking for something good

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
As stated above...Im looking for a box mod,..I just bought the itaste mvp and aspire mini tank and gave to the wife...Im looking for a box mod with a little more power I think its 11 watts max.
Also looking for one that possbily I could change out the batterys if needed..
and also a good tank...not sure if I posted in the correct place or not..
I guess theres a lot to learn..Im looking for a box that has some power when needed
and something easy to vape on...

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What is your price range for a good set up?

The more we know the more we can help you!

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
about a 100.00 or less
I thought there were a clone of the Hana?

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I see a price of 46.83///wheres a good place to locate one quickly,.my wife has taken over my Itaste mvp

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also on my itaste I ran the aspire mini tank 2 ...It works ok but I think I need a bigger tank
and one I dont have to draw on too hard.seems running the mini tank I find myself running it on the last hole and I have to pull pretty hard..Needing a good cheap tank to start out with
then get into others later on.....

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you say last hole, I guess you mean the largest one?

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oggy yes last hole,,the one liasted above is ordered from China..I need one as soon as possible..I see 2 different ones listed on the ebay..?

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Oggy yes last hole,,the one liasted above is ordered from China..I need one as soon as possible..I see 2 different ones listed on the ebay..?

Link please?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How much power are you looking for in the mod? As far as tanks go you can get a full sized Nautilus Tank for more capacity but will have the same airflow. If you are wanting a tank with larger airflow then you are probly going to end up with a rebuildable Tank or Dripper.

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oggy what about the Kanger tanks? more air flow?
I am open for suggestions,,I like the clean taste Nautilus tank that is gives
but the flow is not quiet enough..not ready for a dripper yet but a rebuildable is something I feel I can handle..

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another alternative defor a mod is the Eleaf I stick. I bought 2 of these for the Wife and she loves them. These are internal 2200 MAH Batteries though.
Found here on Ebay.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use mostly rebuildables. I have 4 Kayfuns, 1 Orchid, and several different drippers. A stock Kayfun is just slightly more airflow over a Nautilus (fullsize, I dont have a mini to check). If you are thinking about rebuildables I would stick to a DNA style mod though. I think you would be happier with it in the long run.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oggy what about the Kanger tanks? more air flow?
I am open for suggestions,,I like the clean taste Nautilus tank that is gives
but the flow is not quiet enough..not ready for a dripper yet but a rebuildable is something I feel I can handle..
A dripper is a rebuildable. An orchid is a rebuildable with a tank

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey man what you think about th the istick with 20 watts and a good rebuildable tank>
which kayfun do i need to purchase>?is the little istick going to run all day like the itaste?
i have called and emailed until im tired....I will get something nicere later....

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The I stick is 2200 mah battery in it my wife only charges hers every couple of days, but she doesnt vape steadily or at high wattages. I will go through a 2200 mah battery in about 8hrs (thats a 1.3 ohm Kayfun at 16-18 watts). Just keep in mind that the Istick has an internal battery and will only work with attomizers from 1.0 - 3.0 ohms.

Of the 4 different Kayfun clones I have tried the EHPRO V2 is the one I like the most.

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a guy local that has a hanna 30 watt..hes asking 100.00 for it.
I sent him a email and said the 50 and 100 watt ones are that much..
he said make a offer...I offered him 50.00 for it...and he never replyed back..guess it pissed him off.at this point I dont know what to do?he we are wife and me vaping off the one..
we have a couple sticks that suck so they are not getting used..
I mailed a person on ebay about the istick and a rebuildable tank..let me show you what she sent and price...
Dear hotpic77,

We have HCigar Kayfun clones ($53.99 our in store price). I can sell the istick and Kayfun for $85 ($15 off)

On 11/18/14, 2:58 PM, hotpic77 wrote:

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
what about this?gives you a option of several tanks?
which tank you recommend?

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what about this?gives you a option of several tanks?
which tank you recommend?
For a tank I would get the SS Kayfun (I don't like anodizing inside my tanks) If it was me.

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ADD-KAYFUN-PATRIOT-/181542144970
a kayfun SS patriot and the dna 30 watt for 78.00 shipped?

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Kayfun 3.1 Features:

**Easy to rebuild**
Adjustable airflowStainless steel construction Standard 510 atomizer connection
Can be configured with clear center window (Included) or complete stainless steel (Not included)Juice capacity 4.5ml
The best way to learn more about this tank is to check out the youtube videos on rebuilding this tank!

PATRIOT

PLEASE ONLY BUY THIS TANK IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE ON REBUILDING AND PUTTING BACK TOGETHER THESE TANKS
IF DONE INCORRECTLY, IT WILL POSSIBLY LEAK, CAUSE A SHORT, AND COULD CAUSE DAMAGE. IF YOU HAVE NEVER REBUILT A TANK, TRY SOMETHING LIKE A PROTANK/AEROTANK/VIVI NOVA TO LEARN THE QUIRKS OF THESE TYPES OF ITEMS BEFORE MAKING THIS PURCHASE
Comes pre-built, but easily rebuild able for your needsStainless steel standard 510 drip tip
2 air holes on the shell
Chromed brass posts and 510 contact pin
Tri-post design
21.7mm diameter
Height without drip tip: 31.7mm
Laser engraved logo

Can you give me a quick rundown of the difference of the 2 tanks

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Both are rebuild-able atomizers. the Kayfun is a tank style and the Patriot is a dripper style. To build these you will need something that can check the resistance and make sure it is not shorting. You will also need wire and something to use as wicking.
Patriot build
Kayfun Lite Build

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quality Kayfun clone with retail package

• 1 Clear center window
  • 2 wicks and coils (1 is precoiled in the tank)
  • Kayfun Screwdriver
Kayfun 3.1 Features:

**Easy to rebuild**
Adjustable airflowStainless steel construction Standard 510 atomizer connection
Can be configured with clear center window (Included) or complete stainless steel (Not included)Juice capacity 4.5ml

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so go with the kayfun 3.1?it comes with wicking and wire to and a extra coil prewired.plus just got email if i order off his site I get a 10% off

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oggy can you email me at [email protected]
its faster there..i think im going to place order this evening..
want to make sure im getting what i need...

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is the Kayfun 3.1 review (the russian and 3.1 Kayfun almost identical)
There are 3 types of Kayfuns
Kayfun 3.1
Kayfun Light
Kayfun Light Plus

The link from earlier is a Light plus type. The one your looking at is the 3.1 version. That one is made by Tobecco

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://www.ecigvaporbargains.com/kayfun-3-1-svoemesto-clone/
our Order Contains:
  • 1 x Kayfun 3.1 SvoeMesto Clone
  • 1 x 18650 Battery
  • 1 x DNA30 Mod SILVER CANA STYLE 7-30 Watt Box Mod
Got it all for 78.00 free ship
only thing I was weary of is the fact it says to be very carefull of plugging in the charger to the usb port..?probally all of them are like that..

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another alternative defor a mod is the Eleaf I stick. I bought 2 of these for the Wife and she loves them. These are internal 2200 MAH Batteries though.
Found here on Ebay.

Yeah this is probably the best thing you can buy as a starter kit. The Aspire nautilus Mini is a very nice adjustable airflow tank that you can use to adjust the "feeling" of the drag. Its nice in the beginning when you start because you can make it "feel" more like an analog.

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got the nautilus on the itaste,works great..

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
got the kayfun 3.1 clone for the 30 dna box

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oggy thanks for all your help............

shen59

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oggy my box and kayfun came in today 2 days from Ca.. super fast shipping
was a prewired coil on the kayfun?I used it like it was.Is there a big difference in a loose wrapped coil verses a tightly wrapped coil?at 8 watts its saying 2.4 ohms
I know I have lots to learn...its vaping good at 8 to 10 turned it up to around 20 one time
and that was a no no..dry burn for sure,,

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kayfun does not do well at higher watts unless it has been modified. Also the same wattage will give a different power at different ohms on the coil. The prewired coil is most likely uses silica as a wick also. I personally dont care for silica, I prefer cellulo-cotton or organic cotton. You will have to try a few different ones to see what you like the best. I personally prefer my Kayfuns around 1.0-1.5 ohms. I use 26 ga Kanthal with around 6-7 wraps around a 2.8 mm rod to make my coils. I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy the new setup.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oggy my box and kayfun came in today 2 days from Ca.. super fast shipping
was a prewired coil on the kayfun?I used it like it was.Is there a big difference in a loose wrapped coil verses a tightly wrapped coil?at 8 watts its saying 2.4 ohms
I know I have lots to learn...its vaping good at 8 to 10 turned it up to around 20 one time
and that was a no no..dry burn for sure,,

As far as coils go most people use a micro coil (all the wraps are touching) A micro coil is alot sturdier the one that is spaced out. The big difference is putting wick into and pulling it out of the coil. I normally use the same coil for several weeks if it is running well. I change the wick out every 3 days or so. Taste will tell you when the wicking needs to change. If you are using a microcoil it is easy to pull the wick out, dry burn the coil to clean it. Then just add new wick and your good again.

VU Sponsors