Become a Patron!

newbie on the scene, need some help

I just want to say thank you for the help in advance :)

okay, so I am very new to vaping. I used to smoke cigarettes but quit for personal reasons about a month ago. I then started vaping because I honestly just missed having something to puff on, I was never really hooked on nicotine but I always got a nice buzz from my cigs. I purchased my first vape ever, The smok X8 stick. I was really having fun with it for a little while until I started tasting burnt crap in my mouth so I replaced my 30-70 watt coil with the spare 30-50 watt backup coil it came with. The first coil went out in maybe a week, and the second one was put in friday afternoon. This morning (Sunday) it was already burnt too. I use my vape at least an hour+ everyday, sometimes a lot more... I vape using 75/25 vg/pg. So basically I am asking advice on how not to burn my coil and how to treat my vape. Should I be doing something extra? I just charge it, fill it, vape, repeat... not sure what I can do to maintain it because I really don't know much about vaping. Also another question not so related is why do I not feel any kind of nicotine buzz? I am vaping three nic usually and even tried/ went through a bottle of 6 nic. surely this can't be too low of a level of nic because I never smoked a lot of cigs and never got hooked on them. I maybe smoked a pack every two or three weeks. Hopefully I can get some help on why my coils keep burning so fast, and why I don't even feel the slightest nicotine buzz. thanks a lot.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
About the only thing you can do is open the airflow to cool the coils more. That is a mechanical mod. No wattage to adjust. Try clear, light colored juice rather that the darker, sweeter ones.
The more you smoke (or vape) the less "buzz" you will feel. You get used to it, and just like drug users, would have to use more and more until you OD.

About the only thing you can do is open the airflow to cool the coils more. That is a mechanical mod. No wattage to adjust. Try clear, light colored juice rather that the darker, sweeter ones.
The more you smoke (or vape) the less "buzz" you will feel. You get used to it, and just like drug users, would have to use more and more until you OD.

I always have the airflow open, I am currently using some flavour of custard and another flavour of mango. I didn't know the juice could affect the coil. Thank you

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I always have the airflow open, I am currently using some flavour of custard and another flavour of mango. I didn't know the juice could affect the coil. Thank you
Yeah, the sweeter the juice the faster it gunks up the coil.

VU Sponsors