Become a Patron!

Newbie Question

My friend just build a 26g fused Clapton 6Loops 3mm guide in his Charon adjustable 218 and it reads .11 ohms.
what is the safe voltage for that ohm?

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends a whole heap on the batteries that he is using, their quality, condition, etc. The Charon 218 is a regulated mod so it won't allow him to blow himself up, but he could do damage to the mod and/or batteries. Assuming a good solid pair of 20a cdr batteries, I'd say keep it around 40 watts or less. This is just an ESTIMATE! Without knowing what batteries are being used it's impossible to give a firm answer. It's safest to not exceed the batteries constant draw rating. Just keep in mind that most battery manufacturers OVER rate their batteries. I would suggest going here and looking up the batteries that are being used, https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/b...ngs-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/ . Pay attention to the CDR rating all the way to the right of the listed battery(s), DO NOT exceed the CDR when vaping. I would also suggest the use of a good ohms law calculator, https://www.rapidtables.com/calc/electric/ohms-law-calculator.html . In this case you would plug in the known factors, the ohms of the coil, .11, then the CORRECT CDR amps from Mooch's chart and hit calculate. This will give the wattage and voltage that you will be drawing. To compensate for variables like internal battery resistance and the mods chip efficiency, reduce the watts by 10 percent and use that figure as your maximum wattage with that coil. So, as an example, if you have 15a batteries, at .11 ohm, you'd draw 1.65 volts at 24.75 watts. Reduce the watts by 10% and it gives you 22.275 watts. Round that down to the nearest whole watt and you have 22 watts. That's just an example, your results will likely be different. Anyway that should keep him safe. However, I would highly suggest that both of you study up on ohms law as it relates to vaping. Especially if you intend to continue vaping a such low ohms

VU Sponsors