Become a Patron!

Newbie vaping tips, please?

My iStick and Nautilus Mini arrived today and I'm so impressed by the difference even a bit of an upgrade has made. Thank you for the advice!

I've read various information regarding cleaning the tank and how to store it at night but these tips were downvoted, questioned, argued, etc. so I'm a bit nervous. I like to vape various flavors so I don't even really like to fill the tank the entire way because of how long it takes me to get through it. But on one website, it was suggested that instead of switching flavors, you should buy multiple tanks or commit to vaping an entire 30ml bottle of ejuice before switching because it's a pain. Is this true?

I also read that when not using the vape at night, the tank should be stored tip down?

Any tips a newb wouldn't know about would be greatly appreciated. I trust the advice I've received here so far so when I started getting conflicting info, I decided to just come back and ask!

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Multiple tanks can be a blessing at times...Not that i picture one buying 10 nautilus tanks at one time but there are some fairly less expensive tanks you can use for this purpose.

I personally like the kanger EVOD tanks for flavor out of all my kanger tanks..Even the clones work very well with original coils and are about as low cost as it gets for good flavor...At $3.00 per tank (for a clone)its not very expensive at all and it holds very little juice.

Storing the tank upside down eliminates the possibility of a leak should it have one for any reason...Some juices are fairly thin and the wick can absorb so much it creates a drip from the wick and can therefor leak making a mess.

How much of one juice you buy is preference really...you may like one flavor so much you want enough to last you for awhile...Others might just be something you like sometimes or just something that is just ok but not a favorite...Always buy a small bottle of something first to see if you like it...if you do, its cheaper to buy larger bottles of it.

Last edited:

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Dollfaise!

That's a nice setup you have, I'm glad you're enjoying the iStick and Nautilus Mini. Good stuff.

Switching flavors, when they are very different flavors can be a pain because you have to "vape through" the flavor switch which may not taste good, some flavors just don't mix well. It can take up to a full tank to get through the residual flavor in the coil when switching. Adjacent flavors may mix very easily though and make the transition not bad at all, or even nice (apple to strawberry, for example).

Many people use several tanks, each one dedicated to a flavor profile (One for bakery flavors, one for fruit flavors, one for menthol flavors, etc) to make flavor switching easier. This is a good option if you plan to switch flavors VERY often. More inexpensive tanks make good sense as well - the Aspire K1 will vape much like a Nautilus, but costs under $10. Picking up a few inexpensive tanks can help.

I've never stored any of my tanks upside-down, nor have I had issues with them. But your results may vary - it doesn't hurt to try.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My iStick and Nautilus Mini arrived today and I'm so impressed by the difference even a bit of an upgrade has made. Thank you for the advice!

I've read various information regarding cleaning the tank and how to store it at night but these tips were downvoted, questioned, argued, etc. so I'm a bit nervous. I like to vape various flavors so I don't even really like to fill the tank the entire way because of how long it takes me to get through it. But on one website, it was suggested that instead of switching flavors, you should buy multiple tanks or commit to vaping an entire 30ml bottle of ejuice before switching because it's a pain. Is this true?

I also read that when not using the vape at night, the tank should be stored tip down?

Any tips a newb wouldn't know about would be greatly appreciated. I trust the advice I've received here so far so when I started getting conflicting info, I decided to just come back and ask!
My advice... use the nauti mini for your ADV (favorite) juice... get several smaller clearos like the iclear 16's, Aspire VNS, GS-H2 ... and dedicate each one to a specific juice or "category" of juices... for example... I use one tank for strawberry's... i vape it down... and re-fill with one of my other strawberry's... I use another one for blueberry... another for apple.... you get the idea... you'll only notice a flavor change for about the first 5-6 hits.

VU Sponsors