Become a Patron!

Hello my name is Josh. I stared off with a simple ecig I got at a gas station when I decided I wanted to stop smoking. Then I learned about vape pens and got my first one at a gas station. I liked it more then the ecig, but it still wasn't enough to kill my craving for a cigarette. So I got a different ecig at a smoke shop this one I was able to adjust the voltage a little bit, but it still wasnt enough, so I saved up for a while and I just got an innokin I taste svd2.0 with an anyvape peakomizer and I got some duel coils to go with it. I ended up burning my first coil wich ended up with me searching online for why it happend (didn't soke my coil long enough) wich lead me to this site. so my question is how would I get started building my own coils with what I have. Im not able to turn up my watage to what I want because I can taste my coil start to burn, and ive read on here that you can dry burn your coils clean. I know I cant do that with my coil cause it just ruins it... I know there is a lot in this post but I'm not sure how to say what I want

thank you for your time

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not all coils are considered rebuildable...Probably the easiest to learn with are Kanger single coils.

The same coil head is used in quite a few kanger tanks..Protank..protank 2..protank mini and protank 2 mini...Also in kanger evod tanks.

Kanger dual coils are a bit more complicated so not really the best to want to learn on at first.

Youll need a few things to build with but its fairly all cheap.

Tweezers
A 2mm precision screwdriver.
Kanthal 32g 30g 29g or 28g wire
Some wick or organic cotton
Some toe nail clippers
A torch if you plan to build what is called micro coils.

Search "How to rebuild a kanger evod coil" on youtube...its the same for all the tanks i mentioned above...I learned watching off youtube myself.

Last edited:

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will need the supplies Mike suggested. But I would highly, highly recommend that you get a single coil device designed to be rebuildable to learn on. Something like a Kayfun clone or a russian 91% would be great because there are a million tutorial builds out there for just about any problem you might have. And you should be able to get one for very cheap.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if I were vaping with your setup, assuming 50/50 juice, I would vape at 6 watts. Also, you cannot dry burn your coils clean because they are wrapped around silica wick. Soak your coils in Vodka overnight to clean them. I have been fine with 6 watt vaping 70/30 juice. Recently I moved up to a temp control mod and coils, but 6 watts was good enough. Just be sure to let up on the fire button every few seconds to allow air to cool the coil. You should be able to have a satisfying vape at 6 watts. If you want to move into temp control, buy a couple of Kanger Vaporshark coils for your AnyVape and also a temp control mod (a good relatively inexpensive one is the Smok XPro M80-about $60). This will allow high watt vaping without worrying about burnt coils (ideal temp is 430 degrees at 25 watts)...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like the others have said, I'd get some Kanger coils (which appear to be compatible with your device) to learn rebuilding on - though I'm fat-fingered and can't rebuild any clearomizer disposables myself many others have had success with it. The old single coil ones I found worked just fine, though, and they're super cheap now, can be found for $1 or less online...

Also, it may just be you've got a low-wattage device - I'd rarely take my Protanks (which seem comparable to the Anyvape) above 9 watts, 6-8 was kind of my comfort zone. You could try something like a Kanger Subtank if you're not happy with vapor production, but that's a whole 'nother investment in new tank and coils (though it comes with one head that's specifically designed for rebuilding if you get the standard or mini, nano and you're out of luck)...your SVD goes to 20 watts, and I just got a Subtank after dripping exclusively for quite some time - far superior to the old tanks that were available when I quit using them, and I can crank it to 18ish watts with great performance.

D

Donald Bickers

I bought the peakomizer,,,,very nice and versatile tank,a little finneky on filling,i just rebuild my kanger single coils,at 1.00 ohm and its awesome,evod coils are available online for under a buck,good luck on your vaping journey,im really enjoying being smoke free,just watch out for that shinyitis thing ,,,its contageous

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello my name is Josh. I stared off with a simple ecig I got at a gas station when I decided I wanted to stop smoking. Then I learned about vape pens and got my first one at a gas station. I liked it more then the ecig, but it still wasn't enough to kill my craving for a cigarette. So I got a different ecig at a smoke shop this one I was able to adjust the voltage a little bit, but it still wasnt enough, so I saved up for a while and I just got an innokin I taste svd2.0 with an anyvape peakomizer and I got some duel coils to go with it. I ended up burning my first coil wich ended up with me searching online for why it happend (didn't soke my coil long enough) wich lead me to this site. so my question is how would I get started building my own coils with what I have. Im not able to turn up my watage to what I want because I can taste my coil start to burn, and ive read on here that you can dry burn your coils clean. I know I cant do that with my coil cause it just ruins it... I know there is a lot in this post but I'm not sure how to say what I want

thank you for your time
As I read your post again, I wonder what type of juice you are using. If it is high VG, that could affect the absorption into the coil. As for building your own coils with what you have, sure, you could mess around with teeny tiny itsy bitsy coils, or you can shoot straight for the DECK (Rebuildable Drip Atomizer). If you want to become a builder, you will need more "stuff"... If you want to use premade, prepackaged coils then that's another deal. I do relate to the quest to replicate the same sensation as the former cigarettes...it is possible but not right away. Unless you visit a vape shop and are allowed to test their equipment...

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay...one last thought on this subject: IF it were me, knowing what I know (so far), and assuming you are not wealthy (you had to save up for a Peakomizer & ITaste), I would right away purchase a SMOK VCT (Vapor Cloud Tank, $20) plus a DIY coil kit for the VCT (About $10). You can practice building with the DIY kit. Later, you can either stay with what you have, or upgrade to a temperature control mod (SMOK XPro M80, $60) and Ni200 coils for your SMOK VCT ($4 each) OR if you are so inclined, you can buy Ni200 28 guage wire ($5) and make your own coils to fit your DIY kit.

VU Sponsors