Become a Patron!

News story exploded mod pic and question

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I saw this story this morning. This looks like a mechanical mod to me. I thought the rda should be flush on top of the mod. It is not. Of course, I don't know his build or battery status. Does this make since?

cig28n-2-web.jpg

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like an 18350 hybrid mod..
Shit battery some fucktard sold him + a low to no resistance waire for huge fucking clouds + looks like a 18350 mod = darwin in action.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And a Panasonic battery. I ignore the 'mech blew up' stories as it's almost always user error. When regulated mods blow I get curious.

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And a Panasonic battery. I ignore the 'mech blew up' stories as it's almost always user error. When regulated mods blow I get curious.
So far all the recent one have been fucktards with low/no tanks in hybrid mode.
The one from that fest with the tampered with mutation mod was just another asshole... did they ever find that bitch by the way?

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See this is a big issue. Thee are retards on ebay selling RDAs with .03 builds on them. There are assholes selling fake batteries. There are worthless clones out there. It is giving vaping a bad name. You get some dumb ass who never really vaped before sticking a battery in a mech and you get a pipe bomb with some of these ludicrous builds and awful clones and terrible batteries.

The other day at my B+M I saw a guy with a battery that with a wrap that had been damaged on the top badly. It was peeling off everywhere. He was going to put it in his mod. I asked him if he knew that you could rewrap batteries and told him why he should. He knew shit about battery safety but was vaping on a colonial with a twisted messes. Thankfully, he listened and maybe he will get smarter. I explained that batteries could and would arc if he was not more careful in the future. I explained that he needed 25+ batteries for his build.

Thing is shop owners should also be more responsible and I believe should be held responsible for selling gear without explanation. It is like a bar tender serving drinks to a drunk and letting him drive home.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Without a link, there is no proof that this story even exists. Right now with the future of vaping being so uncertain, this is not the time to be discussing negative publicity on a public forum. I respectfully ask the OP to take this post down. It's basically spreading rumors and lies without even a link to back it up.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok, so its a real story. I stand by my previous statement.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Without a link, there is no proof that this story even exists. Right now with the future of vaping being so uncertain, this is not the time to be discussing negative publicity on a public forum. I respectfully ask the OP to take this post down. It's basically spreading rumors and lies without even a link to back it up.

Hear, hear. Anything remotely negative about vaping should be censored or banned...

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Bean, but unless its a rule violation, all threads and posts here at VU stay up.
I didn't ask you or any staff to take it down. I respectfully asked the OP to do so. Whether he chooses to do so is not your decision.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And I STILL stand by my previous statement and will continue to do so no matter what.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_m2j47vDyaV1qcb5fko1_5001_zpsdb38f944.jpg

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another stupid meme, good job.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The OP can edit the original post if he chooses to do so. Neither you or I have any control over that decision. I only asked him to do so. Quite frankly, none of your business.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Bean8379
I have to give you an A+ for perseverance but a D- for wanting to improve your knowledge or the knowledge of those around you. If @Whiskey wants to pull the whole thread so you can do your happy dance, it's fine with me.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
So far all the recent one have been fucktards with low/no tanks in hybrid mode.
The one from that fest with the tampered with mutation mod was just another asshole... did they ever find that bitch by the way?
nope, that mod blaster at vape blast asshole is still on the loose. His battery started venting so he threw it on the ground as hard as he could in the middle of a fucking crowd and took off running.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

I report good news, bad news, blatant lies and propaganda, etc.. why would this one be any different?
Oh and by the way, guess where I found this story?
ON CASAA's OFFICIAL FACEBOOK GROUP page!!! Go figure...

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It happened in Naples, Florida. Was all over the news this week here. Also couple of days ago someone else in Miami.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are truly are challenged..
FallaciesPoster.jpg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
The final draft of the FDA's deeming regulations have already been sent to the OMB for final draft review.
Nothing, I mean nothing we do, say, think, etc.. I'd going to change a damn thing now.
Now we wait for the courts to decide for us.
I posted the leaked deeming regs on here a couple days ago and we are mega fucked no matter what until we sue the FDA like njoy and sotera did in 2009

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have this story and over a half dozen other "mech mod hybrid top cap on a sub ohm tank/18650 in the pocket with a bunch of change and a set of keys" dumbass stories posted in the "bad" section of news & media section.
What's the difference if it's posted here or there?

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No problems. You guys need to simmer down.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Dude what the hell is wrong with you??
It all make sense now!! Ur an asshole!

VAPE ON
Never said I wasn't an asshole. I'll be the first to admit it.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If there were a shadowy organization of ANTS fabricating mod explosions, they would far more prevalent, detailed and make national headlines...
What's the ingredient in e-liquid which causes paranoid delusions?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm a little fuzzy on how we 'should all discuss' this a few posts ago, and now it's none of her business.
I'm a little fuzzy on where you got the idea I suggested we discuss anything. If you read my post, which I think you did and you're purposely twisting my words around to fuck with me, I said this is not the time to be discussing negative publicity.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That shit is funny as hell though, I'll give you a B- on that one just for making me laugh though

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't we all be friends.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The final draft of the FDA's deeming regulations have already been sent to the OMB for final draft review.
Nothing, I mean nothing we do, say, think, etc.. I'd going to change a damn thing now.
Now we wait for the courts to decide for us.
I posted the leaked deeming regs on here a couple days ago and we are mega fucked no matter what until we sue the FDA like njoy and sotera did in 2009
Do you know when the FDA'S regulations will kick in?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't we all be friends.

I ain't mad at nobody. Except horses. Horses are terrible people. (Family guy reference)

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ain't mad at nobody. Except horses. Horses are terrible people. (Family guy reference)
That's the spirit.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
2 years once published...
Ya I've heard that else where it just doesn't add up to me. That big brother would take two yrs to get money or ban something but thanks for the info..

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya I've heard that else where it just doesn't add up to me. That big brother would take two yrs to get money or ban something but thanks for the into.

The vendors will have 24 months to submit their products for approval before anything gets banned. I have always said it is the local and state level which is more of an issue than the federal government. The FDA hasn't even given out all the grant money to conduct vaping studies yet and won't do anything drastic until the studies have been completed and results taken into account.

Some have a lot to gain by saying vaping will be banned tomorrow, as they have been saying for the past 3 years...

VU Sponsors