News story exploded mod pic and question

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
These regulations are mostly about generating revenue. They're giving manufacturers who want to stay in the business two years to pay their ridiculous application fees. It won't stop people from building their own mods, though.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vendors will have 24 months to submit their products for approval before anything gets banned. I have always said it is the local and state level which is more of an issue than the federal government. The FDA hasn't even given out all the grant money to conduct vaping studies yet and won't do anything drastic until the studies have been completed and results taken into account.

Some have a lot to gain by saying vaping will be banned tomorrow, as they have been saying for the past 3 years...
Good info and thanks for the full explanation.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
These regulations are mostly about generating revenue. They're giving manufacturers who want to stay in the business two years to pay their ridiculous application fees. It won't stop people from building their own mods, though.
So it's two yrs on the mod ban also?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My understanding is that manufacturers have two years to submit applications for approval. Any devices that have not had an application submitted after the two year period will be banned. I plan to buy a few devices as soon as I can afford to. I'm going to order a couple Altoids kits and a few istick 40 or 50w mods maybe. I absolutely refuse to go back to cancer sticks.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

If a mod existed which is substantially equivalent to a mod on the market in 2007, then that mod gets an exception. If it did not, then the manufacturer will have to have their mods approved; most likely meet certain safety standards. They have 24 months from publication to do this, or they will no longer be able to sell the mod. If they develop a new mod which is substantially equivalent to the mod which they have had approved, then it will be exempt from further approval. A professional mod maker making good quality mods won't have an issue getting approval...

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My understanding is that manufacturers have two years to submit applications for approval. Any devices that have not had an application submitted after the two year period will be banned. I plan to buy a few devices as soon as I can afford to. I'm going to order a couple Altoids kits and a few istick 40 or 50w mods maybe. I absolutely refuse to go back to cancer sticks.
Yup same here come black Fri i'm buying 3 liters of 100mg nic 2 koopor 200w (i've got a good feeling about that mod and for 40$ why not) and 2 evic-vtc.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If a mod existed which is substantially equivalent to a mod on the market in 2007, then that mod gets an exception. If it did not, then the manufacturer will have to have their mods approved; most likely meet certain safety standards. They have 24 months from publication to do this, or they will no longer be able to sell the mod. If they develop a new mod which is substantially equivalent to the mod which they have had approved, then it will be exempt from further approval. A professional mod maker making good quality mods won't have an issue getting approval...
It's not the ability to meet standards that's in question, its the ability to generate enough capital to pay the application fees. I was reading somewhere that the application process could cost anywhere from $350k to 2mil.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not the ability to meet standards that's I'm question, its the ability to generate enough capital to pay the application fees. I was reading somewhere that the application process could cost anywhere from $350k to 2mil.

Just more fear mongering...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well you're entitled to your opinion, and you're also entitled to live in a little bubble where nothing ever goes wrong, but for the rest of us in the real world.......

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just saying no one knows what's going to happen till it happens. If you're not prepared to expect the worst, you're just fooling yourself.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well you're entitled to your opinion, and you're also entitled to live in a little bubble where nothing ever goes wrong, but for the rest of us in the real world.......

The one where vaping will be banned tomorrow, which has been going on for years, the one where mod explosions are fabricated, or Big Tobacco controls the government? I don't suffer from addiction induced paranoia...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One, never said anything about vaping being banned tomorrow. Two, never said anything was fabricated. I was not aware of the story behind this thread, so all I saw was a thread with a picture and a mention of a story with no link, just a few sketchy details. Never said the story was fabricated or brought up any conspiracy theories. As far as big tobacco controlling the government, how dumb are you? Cigarette sales generate billions in taxes, not to mention the billions that tobacco product use also generates in healthcare costs, which generates more taxes, which go to who? If you guessed the government, you'd have won the $64,000 prize. If you don't know that money influences politics, you're an idiot. I'm not saying big tobacco controls all politicians outright, but if you think big tobacco doesn't have an interest in vaping regulations, you're retarded. And I'm suffering from addiction fueled paranoia because I can put two and two together and you can't? Ignorance is bliss, brother. I'm neither ignorant nor blissful. If thinking that big tobacco wants these vaping regulations to happen and will do things to sabotage the vaping industry makes me a conspiracy theorist/paranoid nut, so be it. I'll go get my tinfoil hat.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One, never said anything about vaping being banned tomorrow. Two, never said anything was fabricated. I was not aware of the story behind this thread, so all I saw was a thread with a picture and a mention of a story with no link, just a few sketchy details. Never said the story was fabricated or brought up any conspiracy theories. As far as big tobacco controlling the government, how dumb are you? Cigarette sales generate billions in taxes, not to mention the billions that tobacco product use also generates in healthcare costs, which generates more taxes, which go to who? If you guessed the government, you'd have won the $64,000 prize. If you don't know that money influences politics, you're an idiot. I'm not saying big tobacco controls all politicians outright, but if you think big tobacco doesn't have an interest in vaping regulations, you're retarded. And I'm suffering from addiction fueled paranoia because I can put two and two together and you can't? Ignorance is bliss, brother. I'm neither ignorant nor blissful. If thinking that big tobacco wants these vaping regulations to happen and will do things to sabotage the vaping industry makes me a conspiracy theorist/paranoid nut, so be it. I'll go get my tinfoil hat.
Lead works better than tin foil fyi

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's funny how BT controls the federal government, yet there are more and more smoking restrictions every year, restrictions on how cigarettes are sold and higher and higher cigarette taxes...
Oddly enough, where BT does have an influence in the government-CR, cigarette taxes are low, smoking is not widely restricted, nor are sales of cigarettes...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I stand by mine, and there really is no reason that you should care what my opinion is one way or the other, which you clearly do. I don't suffer from that particular affliction.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Funny how cigarettes aren't banned, and we don't hear anyone screaming about public health risks, yet with vaping its all about public health and they want to blame the products for these imaginary health risks, not the people using them.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's funny how BT controls the federal government, yet there are more and more smoking restrictions every year, restrictions on how cigarettes are sold and higher and higher cigarette taxes...
Oddly enough, where BT does have an influence in the government-CR, cigarette taxes are low, smoking is not widely restricted, nor are sales of cigarettes...

It's funny how cunts like you tell us there is nothing to worry about and then use example of "there are more and more smoking restrictions every year, restrictions on how cigarettes are sold and higher and higher cigarette taxes...". But no, nothing to worry about with vaping regs. Fucking retard.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Funny how cigarettes aren't banned, and we don't hear anyone screaming about public health risks, yet with vaping its all about public health and they want to blame the products for these imaginary health risks, not the people using them.

Really? There hasn't been many decades of anti smoking campaigns?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's funny how cunts like you tell us there is nothing to worry about and then use example of "there are more and more smoking restrictions every year, restrictions on how cigarettes are sold and higher and higher cigarette taxes...". But no, nothing to worry about with vaping regs. Fucking retard.
Liking this post x1000

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really? There hasn't been many decades of anti smoking campaigns?

And yet, when was the last time a cigarette manufacturer was required by law to subject themselves to a lengthy and expensive application process to prove that the number of harmful chemicals in a cigarette had been reduced? The last time any proposal to ban cigarettes altogether got any serious traction? The last time cigarette manufacturers were required to prove that all cigarettes in the market were equal within a certain period of time?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And yet, when was the last time a cigarette manufacturer was required by law to subject themselves to a lengthy and expensive application process to prove that the number of harmful chemicals in a cigarette had been reduced? The last time any proposal to ban cigarettes altogether got any serious traction? The last time cigarette manufacturers were required to prove that all cigarettes in the market were equal within a certain period of time?

Cigarettes aren't a new product subject to new regulations. Cigarettes were on the market in 2007...BT has been fighting for years to keep menthol cigarettes on the market...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Cigarettes aren't a new product subject to new regulations. Cigarettes were on the market in 2007...BT has been fighting for years to keep menthol cigarettes on the market...
Cigarettes have been around for a very long time, and the harmful effects of not only smoking them, but the secondhand smoke as well, are well documented and proven. Cigarettes may be somewhat regulated, but they are still on the market. Vaping hasn't even been around for 20 years yet, and there are people who want to get rid of it. The health risks of vaping are not well known or documented, and its quite possible that there are none to very little. There certainly are not more risks from vaping than there are from smoking, yet lawmakers and the fda are targeting vaping much more heavily than tobacco products. Do you not think to question for one minute why that may be?

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cigarettes have been around for a very long time, and the harmful effects if not only smoking them, but the secondhand smoke as well, are well documented and proven. Cigarettes may be somewhat regulated, but they are still on the market. Vaping hasn't even been around for 20 years yet, and there are people who want to get rid of it. The health risks of vaping are not well known or documented, and its quite possible that there are none to very little. There certainly are not more risks from vaping than there are from smoking, yet lawmakers and the fda are targeting vaping much more heavily than tobacco products. Do you not think to question for one minute why that may be?

If has nicotine and looks like smoking. The anti smoking crusaders like Bill Goodshall did a great job demonizing smoking and smokers and the anti crowd has simply used his tactics as an outline to use against e-nic...

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Possibly the only smart thing I've ever seen you post.
Sounds like some sort of personal problem. I'd maybe get that checked by a qualified professional if I were you. Sounds like it is only going to get worse (for you, not me). Good fuckin luck with it.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you trust the government and big business to protect your interests, you're living in a fools paradise, my friend.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ctfu again! @ej1024, you keep calling me an asshole like its supposed to offend me or something. Meanwhile I just keep liking every post you make about me. You are aware there is such a thing as an ignore button?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am an asshole. I am not the slightest bit offended or bothered by this. It is who I am.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ctfu again! @ej1024, you keep calling me an asshole like its supposed to offend me or something. Meanwhile I just keep liking every post you make about me. You are aware there is such a thing as an ignore button?
I've used the ignore button it doesn't work :(

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh so go back to shitty fucking cartos that are pre-filled with dubious chinese liquid. 350 mah stick batteries.
No mods, no tanks, no mechs, no innovation, and the best one of all carte blanch customs seizing of goods.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh so go back to shitty fucking cartos that are pre-filled with dubious chinese liquid. 350 mah stick batteries.
No mods, no tanks, no mechs, no innovation, and the best one of all carte blanch customs seizing of goods.

Mods and tanks are going to disappear 24 months after the regulations are passed?

DaisyVapez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Crisis actor's...... the mind boggles

If anything is banned, it goes underground, the scene in Thailand is banned, yet China exists and dedicated vapers keep the healthy alternative going.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cartos are what started a lot of us. Before subohming and all that jazz my only worry was a dud in my 5 pack of v2s .

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One thing I've learned in life is that people are always going to think they are better than others. But I've also learned that if I don't care, then it doesn't matter. By not caring, I'm not conceding to their self-appointed authority to judge, criticize, condemn, or make themselves superior to me. It doesn't stop them from doing it, but it takes away any power they might think they have over me. In other words, if I don't care what you think about me, then I'm not defined or limited by it. Sure, I might be an asshole. But all you know about me is what I post on this forum. It doesn't mean that an asshole is all that I am. I'm more than your opinion of me. That's the fallacy of labeling people. When you label someone, they become that label to you and nothing more. But all a person has to do to be free from labels and judgments is not care about them. It doesn't make me better, it just makes me free. If you want to stay chained to labels and judgments, that's your own problem to deal with (or sadly in most cases, not deal with).

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Doing some Chinese shit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor