Become a Patron!

News story exploded mod pic and question

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Bean8379
I have to give you an A+ for perseverance but a D- for wanting to improve your knowledge or the knowledge of those around you. If @Whiskey wants to pull the whole thread so you can do your happy dance, it's fine with me.
No , I'll leave it here no one gets a happy dance this time:):)

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The OP can edit the original post if he chooses to do so. Neither you or I have any control over that decision. I only asked him to do so. Quite frankly, none of your business.
:)
[quote="Bean8379, post: 717273, member: 14896"]When I found this forum, it was during a Google search whilst looking for a vaping forum to join. Now, ecf pages have popped up in my searches on specific topics, I read them, apply whatever info I find helpful, and be on my merry way. I can't stand mods who are dicks, so I see no good reason to join ecf. I'll probably get myself banned in a day or possibly even less. I belonged to a forum for motorized bicycles, was repeatedly banned and repeatedly re-joined under different handles. The last time, I finally realized the staff were never going to change and I left on my own. I have not gone back for nearly three months. I just don't want to put myself through that again, so I stayed away from ecf based on what I've heard about the mods there.[/quote]

Apparently you have some residual problems with forum staff where ever you join up

Last edited:

slushpuppy77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You know what I think,
China will make a BEHIND THE SCENE deal that they will be the only SOLE maker distributor of VAPE shit in America, I really believe China is behind all this!!
Wait what?
STOP buying Chinese garbage. There are plenty of us mod builders who take time and effort in what we do. They are not mass produced at an exorbitant rate with NO QC. Like the pieces of shit most people line up to buy from thier BM or fast wreck. The responsibility falls on us the end users to be safe and educated. I saw a post above someone was going
To buy a two hundred watt device for 40 dollars. THATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM. Don't be surprised when that one hits the news either. It's not cheap cause it was made in China it's cheap cause it's cheap. And there is NO excuse for BM to sell cheap shit to uneducated people either just because it's profitable. This isn't a cool thing to do. It's a way to get off of something you know will kill you. Yet I see BM's selling devices hundreds of watts to people who never even smoked. And then handing them '"vtc5's" two for ten dollars. Lol!

VAPE ON

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with you, if you guys can afford to go under the regulation I myself be happy to buy ur products and banned Chinese stuff... But again like what others said on this thread in Thailand they BANNED it but people still buy form Facebook groups etcccc so we will see what happen, for now I'm gonna get ready to help the fight, and at the same time start buying stuff while it's available and legal just in case!

VAPE ON

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
With the looming regs, I'm not so much worried about myself or my friends. Most of us have the skills to build a mod safely, repair one and make liquid.

My concern is primarily for new vapors, or people trying to quit. If they are relegated to the cigalikes and pens that didn't work so well for me; I'm sure there will be others. If those restrictions went in 2 years ago I would be on the Marlboro still. The argument that vaping will go underground is great for those of us that are in the community now; but, for the average 55+ year old that doesn't really use the computer because they never had to, I don't know how practical them going to "black-market vapors dot com" really is.

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No , I'll leave it here no one gets a happy dance this time:):)
Of course you will leave it here. No one asked you to remove it in the first place. A conversation occurred between myself and the OP where I respectfully asked him to remove it, and it was his choice. You were not involved in that conversation because it had nothing to do with you. You chose to insert yourself into that conversation. Apparently, you still seem to think it does have something to do with you. It doesn't, and it never did. The OP chose not to edit the original post, and I have not said anything else about it to him. You seem to be the one flogging the expired equine here.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So just let it go. I already have.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
:)
[quote="Bean8379, post: 717273, member: 14896"]When I found this forum, it was during a Google search whilst looking for a vaping forum to join. Now, ecf pages have popped up in my searches on specific topics, I read them, apply whatever info I find helpful, and be on my merry way. I can't stand mods who are dicks, so I see no good reason to join ecf. I'll probably get myself banned in a day or possibly even less. I belonged to a forum for motorized bicycles, was repeatedly banned and repeatedly re-joined under different handles. The last time, I finally realized the staff were never going to change and I left on my own. I have not gone back for nearly three months. I just don't want to put myself through that again, so I stayed away from ecf based on what I've heard about the mods there.

Apparently you have some residual problems with forum staff where ever you join up[/QUOTE]
Apparently you are incapable of letting things go when they were over with hours and hours ago.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The same mentality that one is offended and thinks things shouldn't been seen or discussed unless one agrees with them is why e-cigarettes are not widely accepted in the U.S...

slushpuppy77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The same mentality that one is offended and thinks things shouldn't been seen or discussed unless one agrees with them is why e-cigarettes are not widely accepted in the U.S...
Should we put it in vendor reviews?

slushpuppy77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why? If the vendor disputes the claim it is on them to contact the reporter...
No I was trying to warn people of a certain vendor's inability to take care of customers. And it was moved to vendor reviews like I was giving a review or something. No not worthy of review just a warning. And I don't think a certain person agreed. So hidden outback it was.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This discussion has been going rather nicely without all the back and forth, so instead of responding to this I'm just going to continue the discussion that we've been having. Neither one of us is going to change our point of view, there is no point to continuing to go back and forth as all its going to do is piss everyone off, and besides that I'm much more interested in the discussion at hand than in arguing right now.

slushpuppy77

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
#NOCHINAMODS, #BATTERYSAFETY, #RESPONSIBLEENDUSER, #NOBMBS #NEVERMETAGOODCHEAPBATTERY #KNOWYOURSHIT and best of all. #GETOVERYOURSELFIE.
o_O

Cigmod VonToker

Member For 4 Years
If the FDA regulations can not be fought and defeated, if States and Local authorities nation wide ban hardware and juice then a black market will develop quite rapidly. There are many organizations even in small towns that have members, many of whom have long experience and organizational traditions in the procurement, distribution and even the manufacture of contraband. New products though probably not as many will still be available. E-juice will not be that much more expensive but equipment having to be smuggled or made in small shops locally will be. You just won't go to an online shop or a B&M to get your stuff. With all those billions of vape market revenue floating around becoming tax free I assure you there are folks out there who will make it happen. Fuck the regulators all over the world, the market and the know how has grown beyond them.

I'm sure BT is supportive of vape regulation and bans. BT does not own the FDA ( they only own some congressmen and senators) but they have lots of money so they have a degree of influence. However Big Pharma, the Medical Industrial Complex and Big AG do own the FDA as well as many elected officials and bureaucrats at both the Federal and State levels. Their influence over government and government agencies at every level is huge.

China is not in on any big Vape conspiracy. Our vape industry brothers in China are also under assault from their government and Anti Vape advocates. Manufacturing will probably move to more hospitable low labor cost countries if the Red Chinese Anti Vape Commies make headway. In Europe the EU bans will be the same or similar as here but the enforcers will be distracted for years with the Islamic hoards, austerity, angry mobs, financial implosions, the volatility and the growing disunity of the EU nations. Plus the folks in the EU have several thousand years of black market skills.

If the draconian FDA regs do go on the books we should have roughly two years of unregulated bliss and it's possible law suits could hold things up for a few more years. In the mean time we will get a new administration next year that could make things better or worse. Mitch Zeller and his scumbag zealots could get the boot to be replaced by scumbags that would rather fuck with something else........or not.

With all the incredible debt, Obamacare providers imploding, massive financial problems, banker scams, public and private pension plans going bust, illegal expensive wars, international meddling, corruption, institutional stupidity, piles of BS, storm trooper police brutalizing protesters, black people, old lady's, childern and gogs, a public growing more broke and pissed by the day, the certain extreme national outrage no mater what scoundrel or clown gets elected as president next year, the Clusterfuck of government is sure to be magnitudes greater in two years. Who knows what all can happen?

Keep Calm and Vape On.............and maybe stock up some ammo just in case we have some real problems to deal with.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This forum was meant for the Black/Grey Market.
We already are on the Vaping Underground,
We just haven't had to take it Underground yet
;).

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, because of this thread I now understand mosfet switches and mech mod wiring. I will be making my own as a test. The good thing is I understand battery safety and don't subohm.

I will say wrapping my mind around the whole mosfet thing took a bit but now I get it.

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's fucked up about this news story is it says the guy is in a coma in Florida and said it exploded and shot the top into his lungs but I have the same rda and and his pictures is all in one piece as in none missing to be located in his lungs.
82b2ae5332a846afeb0add9ab7176220.jpg

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I coulda sworn when I 1st seen this the title was vapes first fatality. Now it's coma I honestly believe nothing in the news.

Navymr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And the mod he was using doesn't appear to have any vents. So was he playing Russian roulette or was he just cleaning it and it went off in his hands? Regardless let's make some laws real quick because it's our job to protect ignorance. (Sarcasm)

VU Sponsors