Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
After a certain age you celebrate for making it another year, later on, you may not really remember what you're celebrating but enjoy the cake anyway.
Thank you for the wishes.
Aw Brew, Im older than you. We all like to be the Birthday Kid ;)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's going on in here??? Y'all been really quiet, so I'll kick up a little dust:
1. Origen Tiny 16 mm or in FT parlance https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10028104/6149700-origen-little-16-bf-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank this is one heck of a nice flavor rta (sorry snake),
2. The bigger Origen 19/22 https://www.fasttech.com/products/5804600 I don't have this one ....yet there are glass tank replacements available,
3. Vika fantasy https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10024366/5277101-vika-fantasy-styled-tank-clearomizer should be a good one, mine hasn't shipped yet. It takes the Nautilus/ Triton mini coils, or at least it is supposed to....I'll confirm once I receive mine.
Sorry life happened.I needed some quick cash so I took a small job doing some minor programming.Consider me chained to a desk for about another week or two.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a hurricane V2 and a SR V4 from china this week, got high hopes for least the hurricane v2, as like the 1st hurricane, and actually pulled that one out again this week and been using at work, only neg for me is it being bottom fill, got so use to top fill tanks nowadays.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since some time this summer, I have been almost strictly DL. The other night I took a few pulls on the wifes nautilus mini and it was great (even though it was just menthol). I got up today and decided to try the Merlin mini in MTL mode with the smallest restrictor. It was no good. It was still too airy, even with the airflow closed down. I did try my favorite MTL drip tip, from the balrog tank but still too loose. I blame the chimney diameter. I feel you really need that narrow chimney along with the tight airhole.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want a nice MTL and you rebuild, the Origen Little from FT is a very good choice. I have been running a tricoil in it and although it is a PITA installing the first couple of times, it is well worth the effort. The only other drawbacks are the small volume (about 1 ml, maybe a little more ) and the fact that the whole thing is held together with o-rings. I have high hopes for the larger Origen 19/22. It should be here by Friday along with the Vika fantasy and the Nautilus mini, which I believe is the Cleito mini......maybe.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cleito mini?
Have ye seen the new nautilus? I'm not really a fan. I think the old one looks better and they didn't do the top fill very good, according to vaping with Vic.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you like the Nautilus coils, you might want to try the Vika. I'll be able to tell you more in a couple of days, after I received the thing.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have and use the CLR coils, the Amor tank (not the Amor plus) is on sale for $10

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad I'm not alone on that. I keep seeing people saying how much they enjoy the look, but then, maybe they just say that, since they're trying to win one, LOL.
I just need to replace the ones I broke. I figure I might as well try a top fill. I recently bought a Cubis Pro and not totally thrilled with it.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will pick one up to try. I won one here thru aspire but It was a janky situation. Thus, no winning occurred which means I need to buy one.
Oh you mean a flaming hoops of death contest that they claim you never won?
Yeah been down that road a few times.
Not with Aspire though.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I'm not alone on that. I keep seeing people saying how much they enjoy the look, but then, maybe they just say that, since they're trying to win one, LOL.
It looks more like the original pro-tank but with a metal sleeve than it looks like a nautilus.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh you mean a flaming hoops of death contest that they claim you never won?
Yeah been down that road a few times.
Not with Aspire though.
LOL for sure. Oh, they sent me a link and I tried checking out (to pay the one dollar fee) twice. I don't have pay pal but do have a CC/debit cared. I used that option and it didn't work. I told them about their link and got a canned stupid response. I don't think they understood. I gave my winnings to another member here and they couldn't get it to work. I'm working so I figure I'll buy one soon.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just in, the Origen 19/22 clone from FT. This one is a two post single coil RTA . If you are unfamiliar with the Origen tanks, they have a rather unusual feeding system that relies on two thin tubes dropping from the fluid tank onto the cotton wick. You have to have an adequate amount of wicking material underneath the tubes, otherwise it is a leak fest. I have the Origen Tiny ( also from FT) and really like it for MTL. The Origen 19/22 is the larger version and I thought it would be just as good. Since I don't have the authentic, I couldn't tell you how close the clone comes to the real thing. Unfortunately, the 19/22 doesn't have the 1mm hole in the AFC ring, the one I like for MTL. The AFC should be great for those of you that like a looser MTL draw all the way to restricted DL. The AFC has a 1.4-1.5mm, 2.0mm and a cyclops opening roughly 2x3 mm in size. I will be back in a day or so with more on this, possibly a picture or three.:vino:

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still thinking "wait for the Zelos"
It was suppose to be released by 3/3/2017. I'm looking for a US source.
I did contact vapenw last week and they told me....another two weeks.

:) Just checked their site. They are in stock but I was thinking they are a few bucks overpriced. 27.99

https://vapenw.com/aspire-nautilus-2
IDK I really want the whole kit.

Last edited:

DWDawg

Member For 4 Years
Whats a good mtl rta from fasttech? was goin to get a digiflavor siren but waited to long now my local shop is sold out. FT doesn"t seem to carry the siren, what does FT have that is similar? Not interested in a Kayfun,

t

Sent from my PLT7100G using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Whats a good mtl rta from fasttech? was goin to get a digiflavor siren but waited to long now my local shop is sold out. FT doesn"t seem to carry the siren, what does FT have that is similar? Not interested in a Kayfun,

t

Sent from my PLT7100G using Tapatalk
Cthulhu MTL and the Merlin Mini are both great as MTL tanks and very versatile as well.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The siren is on gearbest for $40 canadian. That's probably around $32 American

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Or the hurricane from fasttech. I have one, used it and loved it for a long time

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If anyone is interested VapeNW lowered the price of the Aspire Nautilus 2. I just bought this one as a sample until they start selling the kits.

Aspire Nautilus 2
Color

Stainless Steel

4403 1 $22.99
Subtotal $22.99
Shipping & Handling $2.67
Grand Total $25.66

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If anyone is interested VapeNW lowered the price of the Aspire Nautilus 2. I just bought this one as a sample until they start selling the kits.

Aspire Nautilus 2
Color

Stainless Steel

4403 1 $22.99
Subtotal $22.99
Shipping & Handling $2.67
Grand Total $25.66
Yeah I saw that but I want the whole system not just the tank or I would've taken the dive.I'm getting stubborn in how I spend my cash recently.

Wow this is a thread I need to be on! I'm in dire need of upgrading my MTL setup since it's what I use in the house. Wife gets buggy if I fog our living spaces.

I know I'll get some chuckles, but my main MTL tank is a ProTank II. I bought a bunch of these guys back in the day in a group-buy and I'm starting to run out of coils (and tanks). Call me a creature of habit... they just kind work for me. I have it sitting on a Smoant Knight and while I reckon that mod might be on the heavy side it also does the job.

Anyway running low on tanks and coils... and my Knight's buttons are getting a bit mushy. So I'm looking for a whole new gig.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The new aspire zelos kit looks like a winner for a whole setup. Vaping with Vic has a review on it and it was discussed in the last couple pages of this thread.

Yup! I have a couple of those new fancy Nautilus 2 tanks on the way, but I tried watchin that Vic guy and can't understand a word he's sayin. I'm an ole Texas boy and have pretty selective hearing.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow this is a thread I need to be on! I'm in dire need of upgrading my MTL setup since it's what I use in the house. Wife gets buggy if I fog our living spaces.

I know I'll get some chuckles, but my main MTL tank is a ProTank II. I bought a bunch of these guys back in the day in a group-buy and I'm starting to run out of coils (and tanks). Call me a creature of habit... they just kind work for me. I have it sitting on a Smoant Knight and while I reckon that mod might be on the heavy side it also does the job.

Anyway running low on tanks and coils... and my Knight's buttons are getting a bit mushy. So I'm looking for a whole new gig.
Don't feel badly, I used the hell out of those, too. I had a hard time letting go! I had them in my "work rotation" for stealth vaping, under a year ago. Right now, I'm using Goblin Mini tanks, v1, v3 and an Aromamizer 4ml, closed WAY the hell down. :D

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yup! I have a couple of those new fancy Nautilus 2 tanks on the way, but I tried watchin that Vic guy and can't understand a word he's sayin. I'm an ole Texas boy and have pretty selective hearing.
lol...Yea, it takes a bit of practice to get him down pat. I'm sure there's a few others floating around, twisted 420 might have one, I'm not sure.

Other than that, for the latest and greatest scan back through the last 15 or 20 pages and see what people have been talking about. If your into RTAs then I've heard good things about the Merlin mini as a MTL with the inserts(i own one but have strayed from the MTL and I run it full open) or the siren and the chithulu MTL as well.

Pbussardo is a MTL vaper, I think he started only reviewing products for MTL at the start of the new year, you could skim through his last dozen or so reviews and see what he's got.

On the first page of this thread, in my first post I started compiling a list of tanks and RDAs but I will admit, I've fallen behind on that due to work but there are still some great items listed there.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, my RTA experience kinda sucks. I get in the frame of "I really like this, I'm sticking with it". I rarely buy new gear. I do have WAY too many DIY flavorings, though.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, my RTA experience kinda sucks. I get in the frame of "I really like this, I'm sticking with it". I rarely buy new gear. I do have WAY too many DIY flavorings, though.
I've got a bad habit of buying the older stuff instead of going with the newest. Like my last purchase was a griffin 25 mini. I should have went with the troll but didn't and now I want the troll but I stead I'll probably end up with something slightly newer than the griffin mini and still not be satisfied...lol

Now, DIY flavors I'm still trying to accumulate

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've got a bad habit of buying the older stuff instead of going with the newest. Like my last purchase was a griffin 25 mini. I should have went with the troll but didn't and now I want the troll but I stead I'll probably end up with something slightly newer than the griffin mini and still not be satisfied...lol

Now, DIY flavors I'm still trying to accumulate
Well, there's nothing wrong with how we do this. Everyone else tests it out, we buy the best of, this way, LOL. Usually at a lower price, too!

Cosmic_Glaze

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Great thread there aren't too many MTL ones out there.. brought the ole Nautilus Mini out of retirement a few months back and was excited to hear about the new N2 coming out. When I found out the coils were compatible with the old ones even more excited. Wanted to try SS coils but once again Aspire has not released any. I don't know why? Has anyone rebuilt the coils with SS and had any success in temp control?? If so what were the specs of the coil that you used? Thanks for any input.

Well I don't like fiddle... and RTAs seem to me to be a whole basket full of fiddle. If I could find a tank that could fills itself I'd be a customer for life.

I will admit I'm a bit of a mod junkie. I've been trying to find another Smoant Knight, but seems they've fallen off the face of the earth. I do like me some stealth mods in the side-by-side style. Hoping that Nautilus will drop in my Knight.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors