Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have read the reviews and took the plunge and ordered the ares RTA tank. I'm stoked!!!!

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Banging exactly what I was after Nailz thanks

If I grab a Prime I’ll wanna know how these MTL stack up first since it’s cost could go for a clone first to try it I guess heard SXK is almost bang on

I don’t think I like the idea of the 1.6mm airflow option only and leaking or song and a dance to refill the berserker that’s off the list

Think I’ll try the Ares first see how I go

Let us know how you like it.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don' get me wrong. I love my Berserker. The flavour is amazing. And I love that tight draw. I think I still have to work with it a little more to get it just right.
I've been digging my merlin mini alot more. Easier to build on and not a restrictive as the berserker. I prefer a looser MTL at 25 watts

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried the Siren V2 recently and I think it's better than the Berserker tbh.
No gurgling or flooding and actually think the flavour is one of the best besides my beloved Kayfuns.
It will be in my daily rotation for a good while if not forever.
Because the MTL market is not as popular as sub ohm tanks it'll probably be months before anymore good MTL tanks are released. The same build was in the Siren and the berserker too so I can definitely say the siren is better.
Might get one for my Mom and do a build for her then she doesn't have to keep buying coils for the gs air

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Ares arrived yesterday morning...and so far, so good! That’s a MAJOR statement from me, as I’ve been looking for a replacement for my original KF4 for literally years.

Until the Ares, nothing else has worked as well as the old KF4 for me. If it wasn’t leaks (which was most often the case), it was complicated builds/filling, or less than decent flavor.

In the 24 hours I’ve been running the Ares, it’s been rock solid. Granted, I haven’t left the house with it yet, which in this frigid freaking cold may be problematic for any tank. Fingers crossed for this one boys & girls!

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Ares arrived yesterday morning...and so far, so good! That’s a MAJOR statement from me, as I’ve been looking for a replacement for my original KF4 for literally years.

Until the Ares, nothing else has worked as well as the old KF4 for me. If it wasn’t leaks (which was most often the case), it was complicated builds/filling, or less than decent flavor.

In the 24 hours I’ve been running the Ares, it’s been rock solid. Granted, I haven’t left the house with it yet, which in this frigid freaking cold may be problematic for any tank. Fingers crossed for this one boys & girls!
My ares tank should be in soon. I can't wait to check out this tank.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm without the Ares right now, Innokin had me return mine, due to leaking from the top fill, they are sending me a new one for free, but no ideas when it will turn up.

I did really like the vape from the Ares, so did order a 2nd one from Fasttech last night, had gift certificate to use, so even though the wait could be long, the price was right.

eggbreak

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm without the Ares right now, Innokin had me return mine, due to leaking from the top fill, they are sending me a new one for free, but no ideas when it will turn up.

I did really like the vape from the Ares, so did order a 2nd one from Fasttech last night, had gift certificate to use, so even though the wait could be long, the price was right.

Hmm, I didn't realize they'd do a replacement for that. I figured it was just a design issue with the tank. Maybe I should contact them.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I didn't realize they'd do a replacement for that. I figured it was just a design issue with the tank. Maybe I should contact them.

They did a post on facebook, saying they realize some have a problem and contact them via email [email protected] to get a replacement, but I did have to pay for it to be shipped to there US office though.

eggbreak

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They did a post on facebook, saying they realize some have a problem and contact them via email [email protected] to get a replacement, but I did have to pay for it to be shipped to there US office though.

Yeah, I saw that but since they didn't specify the problem, I assumed it was the issue that some people were having with jumping resistance, i.e. something that would actually interfere with the usage of the product.

That's insulting that you had to pay shipping, though. Did you try asking for a label? Any time a company asks me to send something back, I say sure, please send me a label and I'll ship it. Not trying to knock ya if you didn't ask, but I am just curious because I won't bother if I have to pay shipping.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I admit I did not ask for a label, I was just eager to get a new one which didn't leak, I sent it cheapest possible with tracking, so was only $3, and rather pay that and have one that doesn't leak.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fingers are still crossed, but my Ares continues to run like a champ. Was in and out several times today in the 15°F weather (the car was damned cold!), and not so much as a gurgle. My only real “want” with it would be juice capacity...give me 6-7ml’s, and I’m good for 24hrs.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fingers are still crossed, but my Ares continues to run like a champ. Was in and out several times today in the 15°F weather (the car was damned cold!), and not so much as a gurgle. My only real “want” with it would be juice capacity...give me 6-7ml’s, and I’m good for 24hrs.
Wish you guys the best of luck on the return.

Just to add if there was a 6 to 7 ml tank for mtl RTA. I would be the first in line to order one. I would love a tank like this for an all weekend vape.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone here tried the Berserker mini? It's supposed to be better than the Berserker and slightly better than the Siren 2 per Vaping with Vic.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the second MTL tank by Phil & Dmitri thanks to Innokin.

https://www.innokin.com/tanks/zenith-tank/

zenith-5.jpg

Timmerz Review of it below.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This would be the pre_made coil tank, the Ares is the RTA. Hmmm.... when they decide to make a MTL squonk ready rda, please wake me up.
They got that lift syphon thingy and that bastion thingy.

For the Lift https://www.innokin.com/tanks/lift/

For the Bastion https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/liftbox/

but alas I don't think either will be any good at a true MTL.
However for a super bad-ass MTL get their Ares RTA which is NOT a RSA unfortunately.

https://www.innokin.com/tanks/ares-tank/

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They got that lift syphon thingy and that bastion thingy.

For the Lift https://www.innokin.com/tanks/lift/

For the Bastion https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/liftbox/

but alas I don't think either will be any good at a true MTL.
However for a super bad-ass MTL get their Ares RTA which is NOT a RSA unfortunately.

https://www.innokin.com/tanks/ares-tank/
I think that if the Ares was out in the first couple of months in 2017 I would have bought a few of them. I started squonking roughly mid-year and transitioned to 99.8% squonk within a couple of weeks. I might get the Ares or Berserker min, depends on which goes on sale first.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This would be the pre_made coil tank, the Ares is the RTA. Hmmm.... when they decide to make a MTL squonk ready rda, please wake me up.
I'm alright with the Zenith being a coil-head type tank.I miss my little (Clone-Buki) like crazy.That thing was probably 1 of the best flavor-chaser tanks I've ever owned.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rose MTL RTA by Fumytech looks cool also...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Zophie did a review on this tank. I'm not too sure where I stand with this tank.. dual coil for a mtl RTA? I wonder if you could put a single coil in it.

Don't know why zophie make review in this way, this deck is maked primary as single coil deck.

Anyway problem can be here...

1422a048d60260d362d10ab274d2e0c6.jpg

ca43260f07b808d58bdcff5f70ce2f03.jpg

Why, why spit back protectors... this will kill flavors :(

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Good to hear that from you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't know why zophie make review in this way, this deck is maked primary as single coil deck.

Anyway problem can be here...

1422a048d60260d362d10ab274d2e0c6.jpg

ca43260f07b808d58bdcff5f70ce2f03.jpg

Why, why spit back protectors... this will kill flavors :(

Glad we got that resolved. So is it a dual coil or single coil system ? Or a hybrid of sorts? Not liking this tank.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright mtl fans . This new years eve. What tank and what juice will you be vaping to bring in 2018??? I didn't know where to put this so I thought this was the best place?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright mtl fans . This new years eve. What tank and what juice will you be vaping to bring in 2018??? I didn't know where to put this so I thought this was the best place?

Therion 75C BF with a Chalice 3 topper, SV mosfet mod with a Vicious Ant Cyclone v1

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks bud. Now do rebuild it ? Maybe 8 wraps of nichrome 80 26 gauge for a nice 26 watt vape?

Oh, I'm the last person you should ask! I get "stupid" with my coils, the ones for flavor. I have been known to use twisted triple core fused claptons in the Siren, regular clapton and fused clapton in the Goblin Minis.

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I'm the last person you should ask! I get "stupid" with my coils, the ones for flavor. I have been known to use twisted triple core fused claptons in the Siren, regular clapton and fused clapton in the Goblin Minis.

I like your style

R.Savage

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice choice! I haven' tried that tank. Sure sounds good though.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And a Happy and Joyous New year to you and family too!
Good to "see" you and @Huckleberried .
Same to you! Hope you have made a dent in all those home improvements over the past year.
Ive been kinda lurking in the shadows...ive been off the MTL train pretty much all of 2017. Mech mods and rdas, squonking, big airflow RTAs. I still hang around but dont say much.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same to you! Hope you have made a dent in all those home improvements over the past year.
Ive been kinda lurking in the shadows...ive been off the MTL train pretty much all of 2017. Mech mods and rdas, squonking, big airflow RTAs. I still hang around but dont say much.

Dents I've made, finished....well....I MTL squonk and I haven't used a tank in months. I've gone to the dark side, and fell in love with the Nuppin rda (harder to find than chicken teeth). You should drop by the squnkers are bonkers thread

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dents I've made, finished....well....I MTL squonk and I haven't used a tank in months. I've gone to the dark side, and fell in love with the Nuppin rda (harder to find than chicken teeth). You should drop by the squnkers are bonkers thread
Ive recently fell off the squonk bandwagon as well, ive fell in lone with tubes as of the last couple weeks. The only time I squonk now is when I'm driving. I will definitely check it out tho. Never know when the winds of change start blowing again...lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm snug as a bug in a rug, right now. I have felt better, but I certainly know that things can always be worse.

I'm warm, clothed, fed, have a roof over my head and am employed. Today is a good day.

I hope this new year brings you happy days, good health, and makes wonderful memories for you, even on the days that don't feel quite as fun.

<3<3<3<3<3<3

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to hear that from you!!!

Happy New Year Dude!

You have no idea how good it is to have finally found something else that works for me. It’s been about a week, and the Ares is still running great! Not sure why the Siren V2 didn’t pan out, as it’s strikingly similar, but alas it’s a leaking little bitch.

VU Sponsors