Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

F

fckaugust8th

I have a couple of PC bell caps around here, could probably part with one if needed.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Artemis, do yourself a favor and pick up a kayfun mini v3. I just put a 2mm ID 28g kanthal 9 wraps and wicked with Japanese cotton exactly like in the video above. At 1.47 ohms, 11.2w and 400 degree F TC, I'm starting to like it again. Not as much vapor and flavor as the Alleria, but that's the old apples and oranges comparison. Now I have ordered 2 of the mini plus versions but it will be a while before I can write about them.
I think I will order one soon I forgot I won a Geekvape Tnusami 24. LOL I have no clue but I'll pack it away for the future. Geekvape sells coils for their tanks. Who knows It looks like its just been released.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Any U.S sellers? I'm starting research related to your suggestion. :)I'm looking for single coil to start out with.
Edit: forgot about ebay. Tons of stuff. They do have the hurricane 2 which seems okay. At least it appears to have glass.

OMG I never considered ebay but they have tons of rtas. I'll have to sift thru the listings.Looks like I can't post ebay stuff. Crap!
The best clone that I know of, is on FT. ToolmanTexas steered me toward it. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10016054/3718300-hurricane-styled-rta-rebuildable-tank-atomizer
I'm sure if you vapecrawler search it, it will find it for you.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Brewbear
You were talking about making restrictor inserts for various tanks. I was reading the discussions on the hurricane looking for oring sizes or a place to buy them when I came across someone inserting the rubber insulator from a protank coil into the air hole in the hurricane to reduce the airflow. I'm sure you have many different types of coils around so maybe one of those insulators will serve the same purpose for you.

F

fckaugust8th

@CDroverNL, it may be hard to believe, but I never owned a protank of any kind. My vaping related projects have been put on the back burner for now.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@CDroverNL, it may be hard to believe, but I never owned a protank of any kind. My vaping related projects have been put on the back burner for now.
The nautilus coils also use the same kind of thing as do most coils I've cone across.
Oh no, hope everything is ok.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm going back to MTL part time because I'm sub ohm too MUCH and I'm drying out I need to consume less juice-
Sooooo I may grab something not sure what????
I'm a crown- cleito girl and dripbox lol
Need a MTL I can't see me going back to my old nautilus -
Maybe the new nautilus!??
Or the AIO w the cubis or whatever it's called?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm going back to MTL part time because I'm sub ohm too MUCH and I'm drying out I need to consume less juice-

For a clearomizer checkout the Innokin T18.

For a RTA the Kayfun mini V3 (clones are dirt cheap at Fasttech).

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The new nautilus X had less flavor for me. I do think the trition 2 mini coils (clapton1.8) work well in the old nautilus. The other triton 2 mini coils work as well. (I haven't tried the others though). I buy authentic at Sweet-vapes but other vendors may have the coils.

I'm waiting for the Nautilus X to come out with new coils.

F

fckaugust8th

They will either bring new coils or a new tank with a different coil.
Is there a rta tank truly designed for MTL.....no, Sharky, not the goblin mini, no, Toolman, not the squape, hurricane or the new kayfuns.
I'm talking about something the size of the Merlin or Bachelor nano, or the TFV4 micro, with the draw of the latest kayfuns but not their price and height. Something you don't have to choke the afc and end up with ultra hot vapes. My search continues. ...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is there a rta tank truly designed for MTL.....no, Sharky, not the goblin mini, no, Toolman, not the squape, hurricane or the new kayfuns.
I'm talking about something the size of the Merlin or Bachelor nano, or the TFV4 micro, with the draw of the latest kayfuns but not their price and height. Something you don't have to choke the afc and end up with ultra hot vapes. My search continues. ...
Aqua v2?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aqua v2 like huck said or the erkkoenigin/erlprinz

F

fckaugust8th

Hi Huck, been there, done that....got the Rose too. I found them cumbersome and way too big. I don't need a gallon of juice in my tank, 2 to 4 ml is fine for a MTL tank. The kayfuns are fine MTL tanks but authentics cost an arm and a couple of toes and the clones are hit and miss. Not only that, but if you're using a smallish mod, it's like you're putting a church steeple on your mod.

F

fckaugust8th

f1r3b1rd, where would you get the erl prinz for a decent price?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
f1r3b1rd, where would you get the erl prinz for a decent price?
Typically they are around 40$ for an authentic. Vaporshark used to sell them, vapinart, Intaste, cremedevape and vonerl

That Is there worst grammar I have ever posted. I'm to tired to fix it, lol

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Erl mini, below, exceptional vape for MTL, for sure (hard to find a clone). Look for VonErl to keep releasing good stuff though.
http://shop.vonerl.com/en/crown-series/erlkoenigin/

Also to note you can get a nano bell cap for the Hurricane also (I don't have one but they are available for authentic.. no clones).
http://vapershobbyshop.com/mini-hurricap/

Also please see the Calix V2 which is 2.5" in height (Merlin is 2.2"). Clones avail on FT. Put a short drip tip on there and good to go.

Erl mini
IMG_20160610_192744.jpg

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found a goblin mini v1 on sale. Is it worth purchasing for a MTL tank? I just realized I have to start buying stuff due to the FDA crap. Thoughts? Oh, and thoughts on the Hurricane?

F

fckaugust8th

Thank you @ToolmanTexas , but my point was that you can not find a reasonably priced tank of that caliber. If 130 euros is reasonable to you, then you have my respect. That price is much too rich for my blood for me to try out a tank. The Calix v2 looks like the RTA version of the Kabuki at double the price.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thank you @ToolmanTexas , but my point was that you can not find a reasonably priced tank of that caliber. If 130 euros is reasonable to you, then you have my respect. That price is much too rich for my blood for me to try out a tank. The Calix v2 looks like the RTA version of the Kabuki at double the price.

The Erl mini had clones for quite some time and they can be found thru the classies. I recently picked that one up from Dre and picked up another from a member on another forum. I now have 2 for a trade of one of my SXK Squape clones and $20 :)
I don't own the authentics of the Erlkonigin.

I'm not sure what you mean by a version of the Kabuki. It is basically the same height of the Merlin and $10 cheaper than the Merlin.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Let's see if we can get together a group buy for the Calix v2 clone from Coppervape.

BB, you may have missed this part of my previous post:

"please see the Calix V2 which is 2.5" in height (Merlin is 2.2"). Clones avail on FT"

They are $20 on FT.

F

fckaugust8th

@ToolmanTexas are we talking Calix or Calix v2? the Calix has a bit of a seepage problem due to the bottom air flow, the Calix v2 is redesigned with a side air flow very much like the Kabuki and early Kayfuns I think.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I found a goblin mini v1 on sale. Is it worth purchasing for a MTL tank? I just realized I have to start buying stuff due to the FDA crap. Thoughts? Oh, and thoughts on the Hurricane?
You already know how I feel about that one, @Whiskey just got her hands on a Hurricane and I know there are big fans in this thread.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, just trying it now on my roller
thumbnail_IMG_20160622_1042356252_zpsndzlihwu.jpg

F

fckaugust8th

I have to agree with the Hurricane, it really is a very good tank. I guess I just reached the point where I just want to get a couple of really good tanks without needing to get a second mortgage on the house.

F

fckaugust8th

Just waiting for @f1r3b1rd to tell us if he got his expromizer v2.1 and if it justifies the $60 price tag.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have to agree with the Hurricane, it really is a very good tank. I guess I just reached the point where I just want to get a couple of really good tanks without needing to get a second mortgage on the house.

I have never bought a new authentic RTA. The only authentic I have is a Squape R(s) and bought that in classies for < $100.

Other than that it has always been clones. I'm conservative with my $ :)

After my backwards journey I have settled on these RTAs that work for me:
  • Hurricane
  • Squape R(s)
  • Erl mini
  • KFV3 mini (and the plus clone)
I have at minimum 2 of each, some more. These RTAs work 100% of the time for me, each with some pros and cons against the others but all meeting the minimum requirement of delivering great flavor.

I have had Kayfuns (still do have several but draw is VERY tight), Taifuns, Rose V2s, Orchid, Ubertoot, Gob mini V1, Bellus, Gem and Pico (didn't work for me, but still investigating the eGo coil in there :)). I'm still working thru the Gem and Pico but not looking good at this point.

Several of those RTAs others swear by and absolutely love but just didn't work for me for whatever reason (there are so many variables to this stuff you just have to try them yourself).

I have tried many sub ohm tanks/RTAs also and have only kept the Kayfun Monster V2 and V3 for when I feel the urge, which is not often. I'm just not a big sub ohm fan for many reasons.

The only outstanding things on my current list to try from a MTL standpoint are the Calix V2 and the T18 for clearomizer. I'm on a buying freeze for a few weeks but those will be next.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just waiting for @f1r3b1rd to tell us if he got his expromizer v2.1 and if it justifies the $60 price tag.
Hahaha
Love the aqua v2, hurricane, erl and the kf5 equally all are in rotation here; and, I would be hard pressed to give one up.
I have tried the expromizer, at the shop; but, I don't have one. It's a great flavor tank but it's a cooler vape. It's on my wish list-lol

Last edited:

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hahaha
Love the aqua v2, hurricane, erl and the kf5 equally all are in rotation here; and, I would be hard pressed to give one up.
I have tried the expromizer, at the shop; but, I don't have one. It's a great flavor tank but it's a cooler vape. It's on my wish list-lol

I did forget that on my long list I have the KF5 once a clone is produced that includes (or can buy seperate) the M2L kit offered by Svoemesto.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did forget that on my long list I have the KF5 once a clone is produced that includes (or can buy seperate) the M2L kit offered by Svoemesto.

I'm loving the tank without the mtl kit. But I also use a kfl and kf4, the stock kf5 mtl draw is looser than the kfl but I find it more comfortable.

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm loving the tank without the mtl kit. But I also use a kfl and kf4, the stock kf5 mtl draw is looser than the kfl but I find it more comfortable.

If you were comparing airflow on the KFV5 at its lowest setting with the Hurricane, which hole on Hurri would you say is comparable?

I'm not a super tight fan like the KFL+, more air is good for me but I do like to be able to close it down somewhat if desired (like Hurri and Squape allow me to do on the fly).

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you were comparing airflow on the KFV5 at its lowest setting with the Hurricane, which hole on Hurri would you say is comparable?

I'm not a super tight fan like the KFL+, more air is good for me but I do like to be able to close it down somewhat if desired (like Hurri and Squape allow me to do on the fly).
It's closest to the hurricane on its third to lowest setting
Second lowest with two holes.
I've still had nothing but problems with the squape, lol. I've bought every version and sold them a week to a month later. Lmao
They vape great once you get them by built right, but it so picky on wicking that I gave up

VU Sponsors