Become a Patron!

NIC-HIT PRO - MagicMist

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Nic-Hit Pro from MagicMist. The Nic-Hit Pro was supplied for the purpose of this review by Yan from MagicMist.

https://themagicmist.co.uk/collections/n...pro-device

Introduction

MagicMist here in the UK have been working closely with Vaptio to bring us the Nic-Hit Pro which has taken the great design of the Vaptio Spin-It but made it smaller so much more portable. The basic design remains the same and although we have the same Vapio 1.0ohm pods they are now pre-filled with Nic salt flavoured e-liquid with one 20mg Authentic Cigarette flavour pod included.

The reason for using the Spin-It design and Vaptio powered pods but now supplying them pre-filled with UK made Nic Salts in the choice of 2 strengths and 10 flavours is because MagicMist believe in the potential and hygienic design and the use of Nic Salts to give smokers the best chance to make the switch, let's give it a look!

In The Box

Contents:

Nic-Hit Pro Battery
1 x pre-filled 20mg 1.9ml Nic-Hit Pro Pod (Authentic Cigarette flavour)
1 x Spare Replacement Mouthpiece Kit
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual

Different Options

The contents listed is for the Nic-Hit Pro Device Kit which is what i was sent but MagicMist have other options.

The Nic-Hit Pro Starter Kit also overs a pack of 3 either 12mg or 20mg pods in which ever flavour you choose (this option is on offer at the time of writing and is actually cheaper than the device kit but you get 3 extra pods).

The Nic-Hit Pro Deluxe Kit offers a carry case, 2 devices and 2 packs of extra pods, you can mix or match the colour of devices and choose which 2 flavours you want, so 2 devices and 6 extra pods (8 pods in total).

The Nic-Hit Pro Platinum Kit offers a wall charger, carry case, 2 devices and 4 packs of extra pods which will give you 14 pods in total.

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

There is no difference apart from branding aesthetically between the Nic-Hit Pro and Vaptio Spin-it but there is quite a difference in size. The Spin-It wasn't the smallest of this style of pod system but was still pocket friendly and with it's rounded sides very ergonomically sound but here with the Nic-Hit Pro we have an even smaller and ergonomic friendly device. It weighs a lot less than i expected and is made from Anodic Oxidised Aluminium Alloy.

I received the Blue version, it's also available in Black and Red, all three colours in my opinion look both very nice and suit the overall look of the device. When in the vaping position the Nic-Hit Pro has a Black mouthpiece which looks fixed onto the top section so non removable but unlike the Spin-It's mouthpiece (although i haven't worked out how) must be able to be replaced as you receive a spare mouthpiece kit which comprises of a small section that gets fitted inside the cradle, mouthpiece and o-ring, i will describe the look of the device with the mouthpiece fixed inside the device.

The front of the device has a Black plaque with "MAGICMIST" branding on the vertical at the top where the top section interlocks, the same plaque in the same position is also on the reverse. 40% of the way down the front of the device we have a pill shaped fire button which protrudes nicely and is the same colour as the device, finally there is an operational LED at the bottom of the front. Apart from the mentioned plaque on the back the sides and back are featureless with the sides being shorter than the front and back for the top section to interlock.

The top section with the mouthpiece hidden away has a Black top with visible indented contacts for when fixing into place for vaping. The rest of the top section is the same colour as the device but a different shade to the main device giving it an aesthetically pleasing two-tone look. Both sides of the top section has very good sized viewing slots for seeing the level of your juice and the base of the device is Black with a central micro USB port. The design is stellar, no question, the Spin-It won several design awards back 2 years ago and the smaller size improves it further.

Nic-Hit Pro Next To Big Brother The Vaptio Spin-It

Nic-Hit Pro Specs and Features:

Dimensions: 22 x 18 x 115mm
Battery Capacity: Built-in 500mAh
Output Power: 10-15W
Juice Capacity: 1.9ml
Closed Pods pre-filled (flavoured Nic Salts)
Next-generation Nic salts technology (Delivers Nicotine 3X faster lasts 2X longer)
Pods available in 2 Nic salts strength 20mg, 12mg
10 Flavours Available
Pods filled with UK made Nic Salt E-liquid
Coil Resistance: 1.0ohm
Material: Anodic Oxidised Aluminium Ally
Charging: 5V/0.5A
Extremely portable pen-style AIO kit
Compact design with leak-proof engineering
Unique spinnable drip tip design
More hygienic and safer vaping experience
Japanese organic cotton coil
Smooth-tech flavor optimisation technology
Compatible with Vaptio refillable Spin-It Pods
Colours: Red, Blue, Black

The Pod

The included pod is the same as the pod that came with the Spin-It and has the same 1.0ohm coil. What has changed is they are now pre-filled with 1.9ml of flavoured Nic Salts e-liquid and the white removable fill bung has now been replaced with a fixed Black plastic seal, the pods are still clear giving great visibility of your e-liquid.

The airflow is on the pod itself and is a tiny rectangular slit, straight away you can tell this is a strictly MTL device. When opening the pod from the wrapping before fitting to the device the airflow slit and air pipe both have white silicone plugs inserted that need removing.

To fit the pod into the device you need the mouthpiece in the position where it is fixed inside the device then just push the pod in place until it clicks, visible are the indented contacts which when the mouth section is spun and fixed in the position to vape will make contact with the spring loaded contacts inside the top of the battery section.

Pre-filled pods are very convenient especially for new vapers who may want things as uncomplicated as possible but of course many will see it has a con that the pods aren't refillabe, the good news is the original refillable Vaptio Spin-it pods are fully compatible.

Picture of pod that has had some use, they come full of e-liquid!

Original Spin-It refillable pod which is compatible!

Nic Salts

The pre-filled pods can be bought in packs of 3 at two different strengths 20mg and 12mg. The pods are pre-filled with UK made nic salt based flavoured e-liquid which according to MagicMist the nicotine acts 3X faster and lasts 2X longer and is the next generation nic salt technology.

To be honest as Nic salts act much faster than freebase and due to how efficiently the body absorbs the Nicotine i'm sure this is what the marketing really is referring to.

Nic Salts are in my opinion a good choice for new vapers but also handy for other vapers that find they need a quick nicotine fix that will last because they are in the position they can't vape as regular as they normally would. For example i vape a lot so only vape at 2mg but if i'm in the position i will not be able to vape often then 2mg no longer gives me the nicotine my body craves. The problem with freebase is because i have vaped at 2mg (DIY or 3mg commercial e-liquid) so long when upping my mg on these occasions i just can't vape higher than 6mg without coffin and really not enjoying it and 6mg is still not going to help much in these situations.

Nic Salts based e-liquid i find so much smoother and can comfortably handle even 20mg although the 12mg option would be perfect for me, they act much faster and work efficiently so it's much longer until i need another vape.

Review Continued Below:

Last edited:

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Review Continued:

The Flavours

I was sent a pack of every flavour apart from Mango Ice to try and what's great about these pods are they just don't leak. I literally have had one of each flavour open with plugs removed and just been switching flavours out as often as The Beatles had hits. When going out and about i have just grabbed a few flavours, bunged them in my pocket and every 20 minutes or so swapped pods, the method behind the madness was to have a good try of all the flavours and test the durability even more than when i had the Spin-It of both the device and pods.

Although having disposable pods that can't be refilled isn't the most economic option at £8.99 for 3 pods compared to other pre-filled pods, that's not a bad price in my opinion!

The 10 available flavours are:

Authentic Cigarette
Dark Sweet Tobacco
Menthol
Ice Menthol
Blackcurrant Menthol
Mango Ice
Strawberry Lemonade
Raspberry Sherbet
Juicy Blackcurrant
Silky Vanilla

The Authentic Cigarette flavour was very much like a tailor made cigarette taste and Dark Sweet Tobacco was a stronger but sweet and slightly Nutty tobacco flavour of the highest quality. Raspberry Sherbet, Juicy Blackcurrant and Strawberry Lemonade were also picks but i wasn't too keen on the Menthol flavours but then that's just my preference not that the flavours were not good, overall the flavours offered are very good and high quality!

Spinning It

Once the pod is fixed into position you lift the top upwards (it clicks out of position) and spin the top-piece around to have the mouthpiece facing upwards, then push the top section down and it locks into the vaping position. When the top section is locked into position to vape the contacts inside the device connect with the already mentioned contacts which are visible when the mouthpiece is hidden away. When not vaping simply lift the top section (again you can hear as well as see it unlock out of position) and the top can be spun the opposite way, now with the mouthpiece pointing downwards push down and the mouthpiece lowers into the device and locks into position. The device can only fire when locked into position for vaping and when the mouthpiece is locked within the device it is kept clean and hygienic.

Durability

The Nic-Hit Pro as mentioned is the same design as the Vaptio Spin-It, made from the same materials and has the same finish. I have had my Spin-It for 2 years now and it's still looking and functioning as good as it did when i first received it so i can vouch for the durability of this device.

Operating The Device

The Nic-Hit Pro is a very simple device with no settings so simply when on press the fire button to vape. The device is the usual 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and 5 clicks to turn off but when the mouthpiece is inside the device (recommended when not vaping) the device can't fire. With the LED which lights solid when vaping just flashing when the battery is empty and needs charging makes battery status indication non existent, the LED also flashes 5 times to indicate safety protections if they kick in!

Safety Protections

Short Circuit Protection
Low Voltage Protection
Over Vaping Protection
Over Charging Protection

Performance

The Nic-Hit Pro gives a genuine tight MTL vape and the flavour is intense, very genuinely impressed with both the draw and flavoured Nic Salt pods when considering it's suitability for a new vaper trying to quit the stinkies. Despite this i hope they will consider also making the original refillable pods available which will broaden it's appeal.

I did try to do a restricted lung hit but couldn't this is a MTL device all the way and you don't get loads of cloud production but it's decent enough. I do prefer a physical fire button on pod devices and because the Nic-Hit Pro can't fire when not in use (with mouthpiece locked into the device) this has allowed the device to have a very protruding one on the device that is very easy to find. The device will weaken as the battery runs down (direct output), you get about 15W when battery is full and at the lowest the device gives about 10W, i found the reduction in power happened so gradually and even at 10W gave a really good MTL vape ideal for nic salts. I also really like the fact the viewing slots are a good size and the pods are clear which means with just a quick glance you can see your juice level, also i must say the mouthpiece is very comfortable.

I used this device not solidly but over a period of time and have tried 9 of the available 10 flavours, as mentioned they are very good and the included Authentic Cigarette flavour again is ideal for a new vaper as it tastes just like a fresh cigarette. While the kit comes in various options the Nic-Hit Device Kit which is the one i received only comes with one pod which is a massive con as every pod kit in my opinion should come with at least 2, even more so when the pod isn't refillable.

Despite the much smaller size of the device the battery although smaller than in the Spin-It isn't much smaller being 500mAh which along with the efficiency of the device, 1.0ohm pods and using with nic salts (wouldn't be chain vaping using this) the battery will last most new vapers if not all day, the best part of it. I do reviews to inform vapers the best i can about products not to just repeat manufacturers claims and it does say this is a "Fast Charge" device and comes with a "Fast-Charge USB charging cable" when in fact this charges at 0.5A which is very sluggish. The device charges in just over an hour (would expect a 500mAh battery to be nearer 30mins in 2020) but the device does support pass-through.

Conclusion

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this device to a new vaper!

High build quality
Spin design
Mouthpiece kept clean and hygienic when not in use
Mouthpiece very comfortable
Can't fire by accident
Leak-proof (100% in my experience)
Spare mouthpiece Kit
3 other kit options
Lovely looking
Pocket friendly
Ergonomically friendly
Good sized viewing slots
Pre-filled UK made nic salts in 2 strengths and 10 flavours
Supplied Authentic Cigarette pre-filled pod
Pods good value (compared to competition)
Original Vaptio Spin-It refillable pods compatible
The pre-filled Nic-Hit Pro Pods are compatible with the Spin-It
Flavours high quality
Cigarette type draw
Durable
Good Battery life (for device using nic salts and high ohm coil)
Efficient
Supports Pass-through

Cons

Lack of battery life indication
Non adjustable airflow
Direct output (voltage drop off barely noticeable and gives good vape throughout)
Pods non-refillable (unless you source some original Spin-It pods)
Charging could be quicker (only 0.5A)

I would once again like to thank Yan from MagicMist for supplying the Nic-Hit Pro for the purpose of this review.

https://themagicmist.co.uk/collections/nic-hit-pro

VU Sponsors