Become a Patron!

Nic Juice vs Nic Salt

Been a while since I have needed supplies and life happens and I found myself behind on the latest tech and products. I have been using 100ml VG nic to mix in with my juice and I only mix for me and my wife but I usually by bulk and keep it in the freezer, starting to get low and went to my trusty juice site, liquid barn where I get my vg, pg, and nic and I see nic salt. I am curious as to what the main differences between them for vaping it as well as mixing them

Thanks in advance
Cliff

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Salt nic is primarily used for juices designed for use in Pods. Less throat hit and smoother so they can up the nic content up to 50 mg/ml. But nothing says you can't use it at lower concentrations in regular devices if you so desire.

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I haven’t noticed any difference. I vape 50/50 30mg/ml juice and used to use freebase for mixing. I switched to nicotine salts because I read it was more stable and was buying in bulk instead of my usual liter. I did buy “hit” nicotine salt base because was worried I may lose the throat but I like so regular salts may in fact be smoother. Also if kept in the freezer I’ve seen others use freebase several years old that was clear and tasted clean so it appears stability isn’t an issue if kept in freezer. So basically my experience has been that it’s exactly the same.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven’t noticed any difference. I vape 50/50 30mg/ml juice and used to use freebase for mixing. I switched to nicotine salts because I read it was more stable and was buying in bulk instead of my usual liter. I did buy “hit” nicotine salt base because was worried I may lose the throat but I like so regular salts may in fact be smoother. Also if kept in the freezer I’ve seen others use freebase several years old that was clear and tasted clean so it appears stability isn’t an issue if kept in freezer. So basically my experience has been that it’s exactly the same.
Ditto, haven't noticed a difference either in the regular nic salts, although some of the HIT branded nic does provide a substantial throat hit, unlike reg freebase nic. It's all good.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i can't use salts, at least the NicRiver i have. it literally takes my breath away.

VU Sponsors