Become a Patron!

Nic salts questions

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi folks,

I think I want to dip my toe in the nic salts river. I currently mix my own juice: 10 mg Carolina Xtraction nic in all vg. I don't use flavors; I have many on hand but I just haven't ever found any flavored juice I like. No pg as it makes my throat itch.

One question I have is using my current standard, what would be a reasonable nic level in a nic salts mix? Also, who makes the best salt nics base? I have reached out to Carolina Xtraction to see if they supply any salt nic makeers but they haven't got back to me yet. I really like that Supercritical nic; other brands I have tried just don't measure up to Carolina Xtractions stuff.

Also, what is some advice on what kind of gear to use to vape nic salts. I know my sub-ohm gear isn't going to work well, so I am thinking about some mtl gear. I primarily want something that is non-obtrusive for those times it is more appropriate to stealth vape. I do have the outfit I started vaping on a couple of years ago (a small Aspire CF G-power pen type), but I never could get much satisfaction from that so I started in on the bigger stuff with way more options. But I may try to use it with some nic salts. I'm just not sure it won't be as disappointing now as it was then. So I am looking at other options.

Thanks in advance folks.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I sub ohm nic salts. 3mg. PurNic 100mg from Nicotine River. I find it much more pleasant to vape than freebase. The strength of salts is only dependent upon your vaping hardware and desired nicotine level. But Nicotine Salts mix and vape just like freebase, with the exception of most of the throat hit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
My humble opinion is; if you haven't found flavors you enjoy, you're getting the wrong flavors, getting them from the wrong place, or both. I have 300+ flavors and love them all. Ok, maybe not all of them. But most.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The adage: "you can't sub-ohm salts" is completely false. You shouldn't sub-ohm high levels of salts like 50mg out of an RDA...but 3mg is 3mg is 3mg nicotine. Freebase or salts.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had an inkling to try Nic Salts myself but after I did a little bit of research seeing that Acid is used to make the salts I said to myself Screw That Shit. Although I have friend on here that love and use the daily I decided they weren't for me. No remember this is only due to my personal feelings and has ABSOLUTELY No scientific basis or concern but I just don't want to vape it no matter how awesome and great people I respect and trust tell me it is.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It's Benzoic Acid. Totally harmless to humans.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Salts of benzoic acid are used as food preservatives and benzoic acid is an important precursor for the industrial synthesis of many other organic substances.

Maybe you should stop eating too...

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Benzoic acid is a constituent of Whitfield's ointmentwhich is used for the treatment of fungal skin diseases such as tinea, ringworm, and athlete's foot.[28][29] As the principal component of gum benzoin, benzoic acid is also a major ingredient in both tincture of benzoin and Friar's balsam. Such products have a long history of use as topical antiseptics and inhalant decongestants.

Don't take medicine either...

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Maybe you should

Do not tell me what I should do it is my choice and I do it as I see fit.............
I would not presume to tell you what to do. Just suggestions based on YOUR "research". Stop confusing the kids and take your own advise from your picture...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No remember this is only due to my personal feelings and has ABSOLUTELY No scientific basis or concern but I just don't want to vape it no matter how awesome and great people I respect and trust tell me it is.

I posted this sort of disclaimer and there is no reason for you to try and change my fucking opinion. I voice my opinion but I do not want to hear yours.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Oh and everyone wants to hear YOURS? You and your "research" cram your head back up your ass and keep quiet then.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I posted this sort of disclaimer and there is no reason for you to try and change my fucking opinion. I voice my opinion but I do not want to hear yours.

That's the least intelligent thing I've heard in my life LMFAO!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Stop confusing the kids

I am not confusing kids and I see you definitely are immature. Now go fuck off and stop quoting me because you don't agree with my decision and opinion fine but do not start arguing with me because I do not give two fucking shits what you have to say I made my own decision and that is all that matters to me. I am not telling anyone to not vape salts, go vape fucking hydrochloric acid for all I care.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
To the OP I apologize for my closed-minded "researching" comrade. I was trying to provide you scientific information upon which you can base YOUR OWN opinion. But remember, he doesn't want to hear your opinion. Just his own.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh and everyone wants to hear YOURS? You and your "research" cram your head back up your ass and keep quiet then.

Who the fuck asked for yours asshole? Don't agree with my post feel free to post what you like but don't fucking quote me or you will be told to shut the fuck up!~! You think you know all about Nic Salts wonderful I don't fucking care! Don't agree with my opinion I still don't care! Quote me and I will tell you you can go fuck yourself and take a flying fuck.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I am not confusing kids and I see you definitely are immature. Now go fuck off and stop quoting me because you don't agree with my decision and opinion fine but do not start arguing with me because I do not give two fucking shits what you have to say I made my own decision and that is all that matters to me. I am not telling anyone to not vape salts, go vape fucking hydrochloric acid for all I care.
Immature? You're the one whining like a bitch.... not me. I'm laughing at your stupid ass!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Who the fuck asked for yours asshole? Don't agree with my post feel free to post what you like but don't fucking quote me or you will be told to shut the fuck up!~! You think you know all about Nic Salts wonderful I don't fucking care! Don't agree with my opinion I still don't care! Quote me and I will tell you you can go fuck yourself and take a flying fuck.
The OP asked as a matter of fact dumb shit!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But remember, he doesn't want to hear your opinion. Just his own.

No asshole I just don't want to hear yours~! I would love to hear others who don't expect anyone who reads it to think what they have to say is the answer.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Get madder you little bitch!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No asshole I just don't want to hear yours~! I would love to hear others who don't expect anyone who reads it to think what they have to say is the answer.
Well maybe the OP wants informed opinions on both sides without the bullshit you start. Ever think of that you silly ass?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah the OP asked, I never asked for you to try and tell me my opinion was wrong. You are one sorry ass piece of shit.
I never said your OPINION was wrong.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like I have told you before

I never asked for your opinion but you quoted me dumbass

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm sure everyone reading this would agree with you! Lmao!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Quoting is how you draw attention to a related post idiot. Not to call someone out! Otherwise everyone would be having it out

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Quoting is how you draw attention to a related post

You drew attention to my fucking opinion which evidently you disagree with so if you never quote me just posting my opinion you would not look like the biggest asshole in the mooning picture.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
You drew attention to my fucking opinion which evidently you disagree with so if you never quote me just posting my opinion you would not look like the biggest asshole in the mooning picture.
There is nothing wrong with drawing attention to an opinion. Even if it's different than yours, without sulling up like a sniveling little girl lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you do not want me to be offended by you difference of opinion NEVER quote me again. I do not have a problem with a different opinion but if you quote me you will get a response. Is that all you can do you fucking wimp? Resort to name calling because you counterpoint is moot?

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you do not want me to be offended by you difference of opinion NEVER quote me again. I do not have a problem with a different opinion but if you quote me you will get a response. Is that all you can do you fucking wimp? Resort to name calling because you counterpoint is moot?
Hey, you started the cursing and name calling. Not me.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And I'll quote you all I want.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are some really nice refillable pod style devices on the market now.

I was in the same boat as you.
I started out with a "vape pen" style device (Twin Ego-T kit) which was satisfying at the time at very high nic (36mg/ml) which was harsh but I fought through it.
I was constantly on the lookout for something better.

Better meant bigger
Better meant more clouds, less nicotine.

So I got tired of carrying around a brick in my hand everywhere I went (along with a backup brick in my bag) so I dabbled wit nic salts.

I have tried the MyBlu (they has a deal for $1 for kit with pod)

The pods aren't meant to be refilled but it's super easy but the pods leak (even the ones that are original and never refilled) and you end up with more juice in your mouth then in your lungs.

I tried the suorin air V2 which is a great little device with one VERY BIG con.

The tank seeps liquid down into the device.

It's a constant battle taking it apart and cleaning it every time you refill the tank.

If you don't keep it clean enough the automatic draw sensor will get wet then either stay on after you quick taking a drag for a few seconds which burns out the coil or it has a delay in the firing.

I settled on the aspire gusto mini which isn't meant to be refilled but it's just a rubber plug on top of the pod.
You pull the plug, put in yourt favorite juice, and put the plug back in.
Easy peasy.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The pods aren't meant to be refilled

The MyJets are meant for refilling as they sold empty POD's when I was using them. I ran into the same BS problems like the sensor getting liquid in them and had one auto firing with no POD still after 3 days being sent back to the manufacturer. POD's are cool but they always seem to get so expensive in the long run at least in my limited experience.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I found that a MTL setup like the Vandy Vape Berserker Mini RTA was very nice for high level Nic Salts eliquid. Much easier and cheaper in the long run than pods, and nearly as portable.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, so back to the topic...
I’ve dabbled with them on both the mypod from blue and an mtl aio kit.
Both were rather high mic rating, but I’m new to the whole salt game.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, this went a little sideways...:popcorn: But it's all good. Thanks for the insight offered by interested parties. SteveS45, you need to get a grip. There was/is no need for your tirades. I would appreciate it if you stepped back and left this thread alone from now on.

Again, thanks to those of you who offered useful information.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, this went a little sideways...:popcorn: But it's all good. Thanks for the insight offered by interested parties. SteveS45, you need to get a grip. There was/is no need for your tirades. I would appreciate it if you stepped back and left this thread alone from now on.

Hey I only offered my opinion and someone who disagreed started the BS. If they disagree with my opinion no reason to try and give me a lesson in Salts.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Grandpa, Nic salts is a personal thing. If you like the throat punch of nicotine, then freebase is for you. If you like smoothness, like 3mg being like 0 nic but still getting your Nicotine; then salts might be your option. I sub-ohm 3mg nic salts in my DIY juice. But it's also wonderful for high nicotine levels in small pods or MTL setups. Freebase Nicotine just can't quite match up with it in that respect.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm thinking a high nic level in a mtl setup for those times when a stealth vape is needed (like in church, LOL).

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm thinking a high nic level in a mtl setup for those times when a stealth vape is needed (like in church, LOL).
Lol! Then a pod or even a small MTL tank like a Vandy Vape Berserker Mini RTA on a tiny mod sounds like what you need.

VU Sponsors