Nice little tank/RDA stands....

Discussion in 'Vaping Accessories (Mod Stands, Drip Tips, etc)' started by Psychobunny, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Psychobunny

Psychobunny Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    My Reload RDA is a PITA to remove the barrel.. i have used channel locks several
    times to get it off. I dont want to screw it into one of my MOD's when I do this for fear
    the cheesy female press-fit 510 will pull out.
    So, I found these on Amazon.com...
    They are small, but the way they are flared at the bottom gives my fingers something
    to grab while I use the other hand to pull the barrel off..
    As a stand, not much good.. too small, and I just keep knocking them over....

Here is the link if you want to check them out:

Tank stand link

fozzy71 and Letitia9 like this.
  2. Letitia9

Letitia9 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Have several of those at home from FT. Handy to keep around. I have several Nanos & use them for the bases I'm not using. Keep them built, so can wick and go if strapped for time.

Ms. Trixy and Psychobunny like this.
  3. Psychobunny

Blog Posts:
    I was actually surprised that the 510 treads on these little hockey pucks are pretty smooth...
    I was expecting cheap shit, as usual... lol

Letitia9 likes this.
  4. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Plentiful Feasts and Happy Holidays to All VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    @Psychobunny Here are pliers I bought 18 months ago on eBay. LIFE SAVING!
    I find I use them quite often for those stubborn attys and tanks. Rubber dipped pliers. Regular size: 7"?
    He grinds off the teeth and dips them in thick rubber 2-3 times I think. You get 2 for $20 obo.
    Worth every penny. Love, Love, Love them.

I'm unable to post the link here. Look up: Vaping Pliers...for vape attys..... FREE SHIPPING

eBay Vaping Pliers.jpg

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Psychobunny and Letitia9 like this.
  5. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Those are sweet. Wish I had them when I was using that damn Nautilus! Cussed out that tank regularly and literally threw it across the room more than a few times. Hated it, but have to admit it was a quality tank. Never broke the glass.

Ms. Trixy likes this.
  6. fozzy71

fozzy71 Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    haha my roomie uses nautis and was able to break the glass, and more bases than I care to count. I carefully use normal pliers often with them when refilling for her. I stocked up on the hollowed out cage tanks on clearance and ordered cloned bases from fasttech.... bad decision on the bases as the factory nauti/triton coils dont thread in them for some so I need to order some more authentic bases, and a few more picos, next month.

Psychobunny, Ms. Trixy and Letitia9 like this.
  7. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Have never seen anything positive regarding clone Nautis. My uncle only uses Nautis, I order his spare parts from Aspire; takes awhile to get here, but at least they're authentic.

fozzy71 likes this.
  8. Ms. Trixy

Ms. Trixy Plentiful Feasts and Happy Holidays to All VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I just used them to disassemble 4 attys. Once I get my hands wet sometimes a towel isn't enough. I also used it to clean out a few gorilla bottles. Those damned tops are a mother to get the nipple off.

Letitia9 likes this.
  9. Psychobunny

Blog Posts:

Awesome!! I have a can of that rubber dip stuff at work, and I could steel a pair of their pliers too...
    Thanks for posting this... :)

Letitia9 likes this.
  10. Psychobunny

Blog Posts:

I cut some leather strips to put over the channel lock teeth, but it always slips.. so I like the rubber tip idea...
    The Reload is the best RDA I have used for flavor, but it is a PITA!!! when I place the barrel over it, I better be
    sure the vent hole I want is aligned, cuz once on, it's not going to turn...
    Thinking about using a high speed buff Dremmel on the inside of the barrel, maybe that will help.
    I don't want to scratch it with an abrasive....

11. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    Switch to the LDPE Chubby Gorillas, so much better! I get them off ebay, not much more to buy name brand and worth every penny. 80% of my juices end up in them.

Psychobunny likes this.
  12. joeyboy

joeyboy Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've had issued with tip coming out of other unicorn bottles when putting fluid in an rta. Is the tip more secure on a chubby bottle and is the tip easy to remove for refilling?

Letitia9 likes this.
  13. Letitia9

Blog Posts:
    I.ve had no issues with LDPE 30 or 60ml chubby gorillas. Hate the hard plastic cg bottles juice comes in now, put it in LDPE and so much better. Mouth is wide enough, but not huge like the hard bottle. I have no problem transferring liquid. Just have to pour little slower. Have added funnel to diy list.

14. joeyboy

joeyboy Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thanks looking now to buy.

Letitia9 likes this.