Nichrome n80 coils reading ohms to low

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sounds good to me

And just for the record no offense taken towards anyone the pursuit of knowledge is great and I'm always willing to learn from others as we all have something to offer. I just don't want people worrying about non issues with safety. We have enough real issues to deal with already lol. Like idiots carrying loose batteries in pockets with keys or people using hybrid mechs with stupid low builds and efest batteries and rdas with no protruding pin. I'm just trying to focus on the real safety hazards. That's all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicoco1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.......... jesus lol, what did i start........ uhhh i dont really know what any of the stuff you all were saying means ...... lol, but i just put 12 wraps each dual coils and its working perfect now .... thanks richard, and thank you everyone else for your input. Pls get along lol

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's much better. 0.28 is much better on your equipment too. And it's much safer.
In the future use steam-engine.org to help you calculate what your builds will ohm out at. There's apps you can also use that will help you too.
Also know what the limits of your gear is. With the Kaos Spectrum it will only work when your build is between 0.10-3.0 ohms. Though I recommend not going to the limits.
Have fun and vape safely.

Chicoco1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.15 now coils kept touching the inside of the tank superrr tight now m, so i kept fideling with it and mkving it around until it got the ohms up with the tank on it , wverytime i put the tank on it dropped from the original .28 to .05 hmmmm lol i think it was a short original, makes me wonder if i had just played with the coils a bit earlier if they wouldve actually fired, these things are beast tho, the vape is alot warmer and the flavor is really good im quite happy whoollle lota vaporrr guys thanks so much, i still have soo much to learn, theres so much to take in and its all very confusing.

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im using 2 12 wrap nichrome 80 coils on a epitite dna 60 at .15 ohms now
A 60 watt mod is gonna have a hard time with a 0.15 build. Your mod is gonna have a hard time heating up the coils. You probably won't get a good vape experience. And you are gonna drain that single 18650 fast.

Use that build on your Kaos. For your epitite try a build at least 0.40.

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Im using 2 12 wrap nichrome 80 coils on a epitite dna 60 at .15 ohms now
Now johnnytraveler is offering you some wise advice there. And use Steam Engine for your builds and pay attention to your heat flux for a given build. I know a lot of people use tight wraps but I prefer spaced wraps for superior flavor (also eliminates possible shorts between the coils pressed together, don't have to dry burn etc.).

Last edited:

Chicoco1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm thanks for the advice if i was using dual coils nichrome 80 24g how many wraops do you think id need to reach .40, the aspire cleito i put on the epitite is .40 on dot and lkke you said provides great vaping expierence, giant clouds and pretty good flavor, i put tbe 454 ohmed out at.14 the kaos and it does seem to work a bit better, not a huge difference but it is noticable

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hmmm thanks for the advice if i was using dual coils nichrome 80 24g how many wraops do you think id need to reach .40, the aspire cleito i put on the epitite is .40 on dot and lkke you said provides great vaping expierence, giant clouds and pretty good flavor, i put tbe 454 ohmed out at.14 the kaos and it does seem to work a bit better, not a huge difference but it is noticable
There's nothing wrong with a 0.15 build. It is safe on either of your mods. But it takes a lot of "power" to heat up that much wire. If you want to try a 0.15 ohm build on your Kaos spectrum than start at 75 watts. Take a few hits. Go up by 5 watts until you get good heat and flavor. You'll probably end up around 90-120 watts. Make sure you have a fresh set of batteries to start.

Use a website like steam-engine.org to help you calculate what you need. I used an app and I came up with this: N80 24 guage 2.5mm id.It says 6 wraps should get you about 0.40
0d9985cfc562e821a7f10b8bdd73ec8b.jpg

Last edited:

Chicoco1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
75 watts!!!! Really?, i havent gone over 60 lol been vsping most tanks at 38.2 or 45

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
75 watts!!!! Really?, i havent gone over 60 lol been vsping most tanks at 38.2 or 45
75 Watts for a 0.15 build on your 454 big block. With your cleito and the included coils @ 0.40 you don't need such high wattage.

Chicoco1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, i just tried the 454 out with that build at 75 watts and thr flavor is finally there at least close to what i wss getting with fused claptons snd the clouds are there too , much needed advice thanks man, so let me get this straight the lower the ohms in a build the higher the watts needed to heat the coils properly?

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow, i just tried the 454 out with that build at 75 watts and thr flavor is finally there at least close to what i wss getting with fused claptons snd the clouds are there too , much needed advice thanks man, so let me get this straight the lower the ohms in a build the higher the watts needed to heat the coils properly?
Yes.
In general a lower ohm build has more mass to heat up, therefore requires more Watts.

As for the 454, bump it up by 5 watts increments and see where you like it the most. So try 80 watts. Then 85. Then 90. Decide for yourself where you like it. Just go up by 5 watts at a time so that it doesn't suddenly get too hot on you.

VU Sponsors