Become a Patron!

Nickel coil

Henli503

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
F#ck, i just realized that i get low ohms because i'm using a nickel coil and i've been using it it Wat mode and i just Read that it can be really dangerous. I'm freaking the f#ck out...someone please tell me what to do?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
F#ck, i just realized that i get low ohms because i'm using a nickel coil and i've been using it it Wat mode and i just Read that it can be really dangerous. I'm freaking the f#ck out...someone please tell me what to do?
Stop vaping it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've done it before for days and nothing happened to me. You live and you learn. More than likely you will live, hopefully you've learned. Chill.

Henli503

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've done it before for days and nothing happened to me. You live and you learn. More than likely you will live, hopefully you've learned. Chill.

I swear i can't chill...i've used it at 25 watts for several ocations the past two days... how do i know if i've inhaled something ba

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
am-i-being-punked_design.png

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you used to smoke, then you are no stranger to inhaling chemicals far deadlier than nickel. If you are really worried, go see a doctor. Expect to be ridiculed and told not to vape at all.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get some kanthal or switch to TC mode.....

FACT IS NOTHING WILL HAPPENED TO YOU .... if you are alive now you will continue living....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NI only no number after? Might be Nichrome which is safe for all modes if mod has capabilities.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the ohm reading on the coil and what mod are you using it with?

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
As long as the wicks were wet and you never got a scalding hot vape...you're fine. As long as the wattage is run low enough ( I use Kanger Nickel coils all the time) and 25 Watts isn't very much for those, most likely even as resistance rises and resistance of the coil rises, it won't get hot enough to cause you harm. Like I said, the vape has to be extremely hot for Nickel to oxidize.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As long as the wicks were wet and you never got a scalding hot vape...you're fine. As long as the wattage is run low enough ( I use Kanger Nickel coils all the time) and 25 Watts isn't very much for those, most likely even as resistance rises and resistance of the coil rises, it won't get hot enough to cause you harm. Like I said, the vape has to be extremely hot for Nickel to oxidize.
^^^THIS^^^

Henli503

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
^^^THIS^^^

It's a 0.15 ni200 coil and i literaly remember me and My Friend taking some nasty dry hits wondering why it wouldn't work when we installed it. (He did prime the Cotton with a couple of drops but obviously not enough). I remember the feeling of burnt stuff Flying Into My mouth as we took Lung hits. Today i feel fine so i Guess i'm not poisoned but i'm pretty sure i just increased My chances of cancer by a couple of percents...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When you were using the Ni Coil in Wattage Mode were you getting a decent vape that was not just a nasty scolding blast? How many watts were you using it at? If you were using it in the proper TC Mode you would be using Wattage to fire the coil anyway so I seriously doubt you were doing anything dangerous since you were able to vape it.

Henli503

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you were using the Ni Coil in Wattage Mode were you getting a decent vape that was not just a nasty scolding blast? How many watts were you using it at? If you were using it in the proper TC Mode you would be using Wattage to fire the coil anyway so I seriously doubt you were doing anything dangerous since you were able to vape it.
I've been using watts between 20-25 and yes...i got an okay vape...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been using watts between 20-25 and yes...i got an okay vape...

Remember I am not Scientist and did not test your vape for nasty emissions but honestly I think you are fine. When I first go into Sub Ohm TC vaping I was using an NiTi coil and did not select the right TC mode. It sucked so bad I could not vape it until I figured out the right mode to use. Since it delivered a decent vape that was not a harsh throat raping it was probably OK. Remember though that this is an opinion based on the information supplied and not a scientific study in a laboratory! Good Luck!

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Don't get too upset. If you smoked a pack of cigarettes each day for only 6 months, I'm sure you've sucked more many more carcinogens into your lungs than a few days of vaping that nickel coil in variable wattage mode. My only question is, if the vape was so unpleasant, why did you continue to vape it? Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. There is a heck of a learning curve to vaping nowadays with lots of little details that need to be learned. Feel free to PM me anytime you have questions.

Henli503

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't get too upset. If you smoked a pack of cigarettes each day for only 6 months, I'm sure you've sucked more many more carcinogens into your lungs than a few days of vaping that nickel coil in variable wattage mode. My only question is, if the vape was so unpleasant, why did you continue to vape it? Don't ever be afraid to ask questions. There is a heck of a learning curve to vaping nowadays with lots of little details that need to be learned. Feel free to PM me anytime you have questions.

It only felt unpleasant the first couple of hits then it felt just fine...No burning sensation in my throat, no bad taste. Thanks man

Coval51

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It only felt unpleasant the first couple of hits then it felt just fine...No burning sensation in my throat, no bad taste. Thanks man

No problem, you learned a good lesson about the use of temp control coils. Any day you expand your level of knowledge is a good one. Stay away from those coffin nails my friend and enjoy your vape.

VU Sponsors