Become a Patron!

Nicorette introduces new nicotine lozenges in bid to woo customers away from vaping

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Woo customers from vaping? I don't think so. But there are those rare occasions when I can't vape....

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL Pharma playing both ends of the game.
Wants to end vaping and at the same time make money off of ending it.

How American...

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd love to see a study that shows true percentages of how many people were successful in quitting cigarettes using the patch, gum or any other nicotine replacement method.

For me personally, I could've flushed hundreds down the toilet instead for all the good those did for me.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The brits have a different outlook on health care.
A money thing. With a public health care system the healthier people are the more money the govt saves.
Over here the healthier people are the less money private health care makes and it might even drop the GDP a bit...

Not a political statement just a financial reality.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The brits have a different outlook on health care.
A money thing. With a public health care system the healthier people are the more money the govt saves.
Over here the healthier people are the less money private health care makes and it might even drop the GDP a bit...

Not a political statement just a financial reality.

Yeah, but the worst part is, government health care will never work in the USA because the government cronies will still get there kick-backs from big pharma. Therefore, our health will not be there concern. If they really cared about American's health the VA would be the best health care in the world. Since we all know (or should know if any of us read at all) that the VA is actually about the worst health care in America, we can see very plainly that government run health care in the United States would be a complete train wreck. I realize the system needs to be fixed, but the government is not the answer. It never has been. As a matter of fact, the government involvement in health care is the reason it is so screwed up right now. If they did what they are supposed to do and made insurance companies fully transparent as well as all making it law for all hospitals and doctors offices' to give a detailed bill to every patient so they can see exactly what each and every part of their health care costs, we could eliminate a lot of waste. Also, you have a lot of poor people using the hospitals as a doctor's office because they believe they cannot refuse anyone service. This is actually a lie. Unless someone is in direct need of medical help ( Heart attack or severed limbs ) the hospitals have no obligation to treat someone without money or insurance. Again, the government is stepping in and making things worse. Did you know that a lot of doctors will give you a serious discount for paying for services out of pocket instead of using insurance? Do you know why? Think about all the paperwork involved in submitting your claims to the insurance companies so they can get paid. They have to employ and pay multiple people to handle all of that paperwork. If they did not, they could lower their rates and your medical expenses would go down in cost. Catastrophic insurance is definitely needed, but if that is all anyone had and we all paid for our normal checkups and routine procedures out of pocket, insurance rates could come down and be more affordable. I realize this is a complex issue and what I have said here is not the 100% solution, but it is a start.

HAPPY VAPING!
CV

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used nicorette, it was a total waste of time and money. What the the FDA and big P don't get ts that nicotine is only part of the addiction. After 40 years of smoking I found it was more the physical act of smoking that was the biggest addiction. Holding something in your hand, taking a puff, that is why vaping works.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used nicorette, it was a total waste of time and money. What the the FDA and big P don't get ts that nicotine is only part of the addiction. After 40 years of smoking I found it was more the physical act of smoking that was the biggest addiction. Holding something in your hand, taking a puff, that is why vaping works.
Same here nic gum, patches chantix, etc.
Ohh I could quit but not stay quit for very long. Long enough to get over the nic fix but the habit of motions, etc kept dragging me back.
1 week on cigalikes and I smoked my last cig 3+ years ago.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Same here nic gum, patches chantix, etc.
Ohh I could quit but not stay quit for very long. Long enough to get over the nic fix but the hapit of motions, etc kept dragging me back.
! week on cigalikes and I smoked my last cig 3+ years ago.
Exactly

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I always thought that the FDA approved nicorette lozenges for smoking cessation.

I saw a commercial the other day, they had a guy on a plane who wanted to smoke real bad and it promoted the lozenges for times when you would but can not smoke.
Obviously they weren't suggesting he always use the lozenges in place of smoking because the whole commercial took place on a plane.

If the FDA approved this "medicine" for smoking cessation then why is it being promoted for off label use?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I always thought that the FDA approved nicorette lozenges for smoking cessation.

I saw a commercial the other day, they had a guy on a plane who wanted to smoke real bad and it promoted the lozenges for times when you would but can not smoke.
Obviously they weren't suggesting he always use the lozenges in place of smoking because the whole commercial took place on a plane.

If the FDA approved this "medicine" for smoking cessation then why is it being promoted for off label use?

Obviously because it doesn't work good enough to genuinely help smokers quit

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Think of it as temporary smoking cessation. :giggle:

I've used NRTs that way for decades. Plane trips were just about the only occasion where I couldn't smoke (or for the last five years, vape) for an extended period of time. They always did a pretty good job of suppressing the urge to open the emergency exit and climb out on the wing for a smoke, which is of course a very bad idea at 35,000 feet. But I still wanted a smoke the moment I got out of the airport.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Think of it as temporary smoking cessation. :giggle:

I've used NRTs that way for decades. Plane trips were just about the only occasion where I couldn't smoke (or for the last five years, vape) for an extended period of time. They always did a pretty good job of suppressing the urge to open the emergency exit and climb out on the wing for a smoke, which is of course a very bad idea at 35,000 feet. But I still wanted a smoke the moment I got out of the airport.
True they do work for a short smoking pause.

VU Sponsors