Become a Patron!

Nicorette quickmist smoking cessation vs vaping?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So when I see advertisements that make me go hmmmmmmm... I tend to wonder why, how and wtf?
Just like it sounds, nicorette quickmist is a nicotine spray. Which is advertised to aid in smoking cessation. They can advertise that it helps you quit smoking.

Ingredients are
DESCRIPTION NICORETTE® QuickMist contains nicotine. 0.07 mL contains 1mg nicotine, corresponding to 1 mg nicotine/spray dose. NICORETTE® QuickMist in addition to the active contains: propylene glycol, anhydrous ethanol, trometamol, poloxamer 407, glycerol, sodium hydrogen carbonate, levomenthol, mint flavour, cooling flavour, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, hydrochloric acid and purified water. The mouth spray contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per spray

notice the bold print? That works out to aprox 15 mg per ml. vs 3mg per ml I use in my RDA and RTA. There are quite a few puffs in 1 ml of ejuice. Anyway.. lets put that aside for now..

Ejuice ingredients
PG, VG, flavoring. and of course nicotine. and maybe a sweetener.

So we can compare this to 15mg per ml ejuice such as you would use in a vape pen or low power device that most of us started with.

What concerns me, is since the only active, medical ingredient in nicorette quick mist is exactly the same active medical ingredient as we have in vape juice....
with a whole lot of other junk mixed in to the quick mist, such as hydrocloric acid. (WHAT THE F????)
How does the FDA and Health Canada uphold nicorette to be a smoking cessation device and yet deny vape shops to even mention vaping as a means to quit smoking?

RobN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its gotta be all about dollars. Maybe Nicorette are able to throw more money in the direction of the appropriate people, just as the tobacco lobbyists....
......even if their product does contain a deadly chemical......
......or maybe population control.....

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
GlascoSmithKline is a 30 billion dollar a year company. It is 100% likely they own politicians in many countries to push their products.

A company with this kind of funding and operation can pay to sell straight up death as a miracle cure if they want to. It isn't right by any stretch of the imagination but they have the power and influence to do it.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So when I see advertisements that make me go hmmmmmmm... I tend to wonder why, how and wtf?
Just like it sounds, nicorette quickmist is a nicotine spray. Which is advertised to aid in smoking cessation. They can advertise that it helps you quit smoking.

Ingredients are
DESCRIPTION NICORETTE® QuickMist contains nicotine. 0.07 mL contains 1mg nicotine, corresponding to 1 mg nicotine/spray dose. NICORETTE® QuickMist in addition to the active contains: propylene glycol, anhydrous ethanol, trometamol, poloxamer 407, glycerol, sodium hydrogen carbonate, levomenthol, mint flavour, cooling flavour, sucralose, acesulfame potassium, hydrochloric acid and purified water. The mouth spray contains small amounts of ethanol (alcohol), less than 100mg per spray

notice the bold print? That works out to aprox 15 mg per ml. vs 3mg per ml I use in my RDA and RTA. There are quite a few puffs in 1 ml of ejuice. Anyway.. lets put that aside for now..

Ejuice ingredients
PG, VG, flavoring. and of course nicotine. and maybe a sweetener.

So we can compare this to 15mg per ml ejuice such as you would use in a vape pen or low power device that most of us started with.

What concerns me, is since the only active, medical ingredient in nicorette quick mist is exactly the same active medical ingredient as we have in vape juice....
with a whole lot of other junk mixed in to the quick mist, such as hydrocloric acid. (WHAT THE F????)
How does the FDA and Health Canada uphold nicorette to be a smoking cessation device and yet deny vape shops to even mention vaping as a means to quit smoking?

If you keep up with that line of logic there'll be men in black suits and sunglasses at your door soon looking to "re-educate" you :rolleyes:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's another point to consider: those adults who have asthma or COPD, legally were NOT ALLOWED to use the quick-mist, back when it was Rx-only -- I asked my doctor to give me a scrip for Nicotrol spray back in the 90s sometime; he said that he could not prescribe it to me, because I have asthma. So fuck 'em all and all the horses they rode up on. Now I vape, which doesn't need their fucking permission!

:finger::finger::finger:

Andria

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Its gotta be all about dollars. Maybe Nicorette are able to throw more money in the direction of the appropriate people, just as the tobacco lobbyists....
......even if their product does contain a deadly chemical......
......or maybe population control.....

Actually... Nicorette is owned by Big Pharma. One of the 6th largest pharma companies world wide. Lots of $$$ to pay off FDA.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
That is exactly my point.. Pharma is using $$$ to block competitors. The 2 products are virtually the same, except vapers have more control over what they inhale. Hydrocloric acid? Seriously????

Its almost as if they feel a need to kill people. If its good for your swimming pool, its got to be good for your body.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Its almost as if they feel a need to kill people. If its good for your swimming pool, its got to be good for your body.
lol they dont like me at ECF... I'm to "controversial" I have no problem at all in making FDA appear as stupid to the public as they actually are. Including pointing out a multimillion dollar fine for accepting payment to push a drug through....

RobN1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hydrocloric acid? Seriously????

New marketing campaign: Try to stop smoking and we'll kill you......see, you should have kept spending your money on tobacco....

(Sponsored by our good mates over at BAT)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Yeah they're like that.. Gotta be PC goodboy and follow the rules to the T or get fucked...

entire reason why I spend more time here.
LOL I got myself banned. I used the term "retarded" and some woman got her arse up, saying her son was autistic and blah blah blah. So of course my reply was..Look, the only person calling your son retarded is YOU. This is a vape forum and the only reason to mention your son being autistic is to gather pity for yourself, since I doubt HE is posting and reading the forum. Furthermore, diminished mental capacity is nothing like autism, which can be treated with medication. Funny thing is I was right on all counts.. Nobody needed to know her sons medical history and DMC is not autistic. Apparently I was wrong in interrupting her pity party. Their loss I say, and quite a few would agree with me. I'm a bit of a nerd and slightly OCD. LOL. I not only have to know how, I have to know WHY. lol.

LMAO.. I have even gone so far as to tell their senior members to stick to the toodle puffer forums and leave advanced forums to advanced vapers.. LOL You know the type.."Ive been vaping for years so I am right" even if they vape on a pen and couldnt build a coil to save their life, and not the first clue what ohms law is.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL I got myself banned. I used the term "retarded" and some woman got her arse up, saying her son was autistic and blah blah blah. So of course my reply was..Look, the only person calling your son retarded is YOU. This is a vape forum and the only reason to mention your son being autistic is to gather pity for yourself, since I doubt HE is posting and reading the forum. Furthermore, diminished mental capacity is nothing like autism, which can be treated with medication. Funny thing is I was right on all counts.. Nobody needed to know her sons medical history and DMC is not autistic. Apparently I was wrong in interrupting her pity party. Their loss I say, and quite a few would agree with me. I'm a bit of a nerd and slightly OCD. LOL. I not only have to know how, I have to know WHY. lol.

LMAO.. I have even gone so far as to tell their senior members to stick to the toodle puffer forums and leave advanced forums to advanced vapers.. LOL You know the type.."Ive been vaping for years so I am right" even if they vape on a pen and couldnt build a coil to save their life, and not the first clue what ohms law is.

The term is "tootle puffer", not "toodle." And it can be QUITE advanced, knowing how to get a great vape out of less than 10 watts. It's a fallacy to assume that because a vaping style is conservative, it's somehow "lesser" or "beginner". You have to know exactly what you're doing, when you really need a good, satisfying vape which doesn't produce a great deal of vapor.

Andria

VU Sponsors