Become a Patron!

Nicotine base? please advise

Xaphan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Being new to this i'm in need of some advice.. i want to make a 12mg mix, with a 50/50 base, what i need to know is should i just order the 12mg 50/50 base or will i need to go with something larger like 36mg and dilute from there to get what i want.. i will be ordering the pg/vg anyway (wife likes hers about 6mg) and another thing i need to know is how much will flavoring effect the mg of nicotine. Thanks

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Honestly I buy 100mg solution and dilute from there. Get a good calculator and glove up and you would be ok just don't go having a splash fight with it.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am using 48mg/pg but have had some issues with getting my mixes to work because I have decided that I like a 50/50 blend so next time I'm going to some 48mg/vg as well as the 48mg/pg so that it gives me more flexibility when mixing recipes that need more flavorings.

I also am using the eJuice calculator mention by @M5amhan the only thing I wish would do is let me increase the ml's on the recipe side and then have it calculate the ratios on the left when I'm trying to dial in flavor content after already making the initial blend when working on a brand new recipe.

Bill

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am using 48mg/pg but have had some issues with getting my mixes to work because I have decided that I like a 50/50 blend so next time I'm going to some 48mg/vg as well as the 48mg/pg so that it gives me more flexibility when mixing recipes that need more flavorings.

I also am using the eJuice calculator mention by @M5amhan the only thing I wish would do is let me increase the ml's on the recipe side and then have it calculate the ratios on the left when I'm trying to dial in flavor content after already making the initial blend when working on a brand new recipe.

Bill
No hard once you get the % to ML size.
Just takes some futzing around with it.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No hard once you get the % to ML size.
Just takes some futzing around with it.

Yep, it will definitely be easy peasy for my established juices, or ones that I want to tweak very slightly in the next batch. The ability to simply change the total volume and have it tell me the mls I need for everything is very very nice and very appreciated.

The futzing around is also relatively easy. It just takes some fine manipulation of decimal points to tweak a flavor percentage while managing what is already in the it during mad scientist stage. It would would be nice to have it reverse engineer the percentages for me so that I know that would make it an even better tool than it already is. As a software engineer I understand that it would be a bit complicated to develop the logic for though so I'm very satisfied with what I have today.

Bill

Xaphan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good deal, thanks for the info

VU Sponsors