Become a Patron!

Nicotine content

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

Just curious if it is okay be smoking 18mg nicotine juice out of sub ohm? It is freebase and not nic salts. Lemme know thank you.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, first off, it's not smoking, it's vaping; that's kinda the whole damn point. And secondly.. if you vape 18mg at sub-ohm resistance, I hope you enjoy puking.

Andria

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You will be fine as long as it’s not making you sick. I subohm vape low 20’s mg of nicotine without issue. Also you should get in the habit of calling it vaping not smoking. I think in order to keep it separate from big tobacco and cigarettes and thus their government regulations. But also it’s just factually wrong, we are inhaling vapor not smoke, that’s the reason it’s a better alternative and there is enough mis/dis information out there already. Good luck and just look out for headaches and nausea. If you feel that just dilute your juice with pg/vg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow. Your a little on the grumpy side hey? I just asked a question. I'm not looking for rude ass comments.

That wasn't rude at all, it was truth. But if you think it was rude, maybe you're not ready for VU.

Andria

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
You will be fine as long as it’s not making you sick. I subohm vape low 20’s mg of nicotine without issue. Also you should get in the habit of calling it vaping not smoking. I think in order to keep it separate from big tobacco and cigarettes and thus their government regulations. But also it’s just factually wrong, we are inhaling vapor not smoke, that’s the reason it’s a better alternative and there is enough mis/dis information out there already. Good luck and just look out for headaches and nausea. If you feel that just dilute your juice with pg/vg
Thank you very much for your response. Very good info and I shall correct how I explain vaping questions I have.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
18mg nicotine juice out of sub ohm?

Like others have said you will know when you had too much Nicotine. I once Vaped straight 48MG in 100% VG to prove to some A-Holes on another forum that I wasn't going to wind up in the ER. To prove the point even more I actually rubbed it on my hands and forearms for good measure~! Sure it did give a bit of a head rush but I lived~! LMFAO There are a few members who vape 48 or higher regularly and now with Nic Salts who knows? Good Luck

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Keep a close eye on it Ry if you feel it’s too much with heart palpitations, sweats, headaches ...stop reign it back to a lower level rather than push through and vape anyway

Depends how much you smoked before and your tolerance level to nicotine, if you didn’t smoke then 18mg is very high for sub ohming freebase

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape 10 mg in my everyday sub ohm vapes and 50 mg nic salts in my little mtl Berserker rig.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also depends on the equipment. Trying to vape 12 nic at 30-50 watts is very different than trying to do same with a tfv cloud beast/king at 140w.)

I can't feel a thing with 3 nic in any setup. Same as vaping 0. I generally use 6, but 4.5 at higher wattage, over 80.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also depends on the equipment. Trying to vape 12 nic at 30-50 watts is very different than trying to do same with a tfv cloud beast/king at 140w.)

I can't feel a thing with 3 nic in any setup. Same as vaping 0. I generally use 6, but 4.5 at higher wattage, over 80.

ROFL. I used 3mg at <10w for over a year. But I'm increasing it slightly now, slowly going back up to about 5mg, to try and get rid of that "tip of the tongue" problem. 57 is way too young for "senior moments." :giggle: I'm at 4.5mg right now, and it does seem to have helped a bit. I guess after 39 yrs of coffin nails, my brain actually needs a certain amount of nicotine to be "normal," even if I have zero symptoms of withdrawal when I use less, or when I don't vape at all (like 2 wks when I had the flu).

Andria

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A little over a year ago I was vaping 12mg in my Medusa Reborn at 65-70 watts, and chain vaping it on occasion. I vape 2.5 to 3mg now but it was a hard battle to get down there.

VU Sponsors