Become a Patron!

Nicotine Extraction.

M

maddvaper

Lets get real.China nd Indonisia is were the Nicotine is coming from,lets bring it home.Why is everyone so terrified to discuss it?Rumor is 2 drops of pure nicotine will kill ya when in reality it takes 30ml-40ml of pure nic ingested to possibly be fatal.Thoughts,comments,suggestions ???

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I heard, US sourced nic would be WAY more expensive than Chinese sourced. Makes sense. However, I would love to see some homegrown, maybe then they wouldn't be trying so hard to ban it!

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
pure nicotine is 1000mg/ml and two drops would kill you. this strength of nicotine shouldnt even leave a lab though

but someone on this forum said we may be able to get USA sourced nicotine within 6 months

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Lets get real.China nd Indonisia is were the Nicotine is coming from,lets bring it home.Why is everyone so terrified to discuss it?Rumor is 2 drops of pure nicotine will kill ya when in reality it takes 30ml-40ml of pure nic ingested to possibly be fatal.Thoughts,comments,suggestions ???

It's really India.. not Indonesia .. and yes.. 2 drops can peel your eyes out of your head..
without proper gear.. do not be stupid and risk your life.

From what I heard, US sourced nic would be WAY more expensive than Chinese sourced. Makes sense. However, I would love to see some homegrown, maybe then they wouldn't be trying so hard to ban it!

There is NO USA NIC produced here. It is all cut from either China or India. Fact.

pure nicotine is 1000mg/ml and two drops would kill you. this strength of nicotine shouldnt even leave a lab though

but someone on this forum said we may be able to get USA sourced nicotine within 6 months

I highly doubt it.

I have talked about this here.. search my posts.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna grow my own. That's a fact. Maybe, hopefully, by next year.
I've done a little bit of research and it is definitely grown in Colorado and it does do well. But the plans remain small because of the high altitude. I'm at 6,191 feet. However, this also causes the plant to produce more nicotine. Both of which sounds great to me. Smaller plants may mean easier to deal with and I can't see how having a plant producing extra nicotine as being a bad thing.
My little way of bringing it home and saying fuck the FDA

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hmm.. you can do that.. but you will be vaping more of a WTA extract.. meaning you will get everything in the tobacco you grow..
Tobacco is grown in many states of the US, not just Colorado.. unless you are talking about yet another plant type, or, from what I can tell.. planning on planting it in a field of something else.

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be just tobacco for now.
However someday I would like to get into farming hemp.(When I get off of parole) I see that as a great potential cash crop. And with the new Colorado laws hemp can now be legally grown.
I live on a family farm so land and water is not an issue. So yes I would be growing actual crops of tobacco.
But no, it wont be the type of nicotine that OP had in mind. I still have a lot to learn and research about WTA. I've yet to vape anything with WTA.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what I have heard about wta, it will gunk your coils and possibly produce diacetyl. I think that was part of the Dr. Farsalinos study. There was no diacetyl in the burning tobacco smoke but somehow ended up in the vapor. Perhaps it was added to the tobacco plant during processing?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hmm.. you can do that.. but you will be vaping more of a WTA extract.. meaning you will get everything in the tobacco you grow..
Tobacco is grown in many states of the US, not just Colorado.. unless you are talking about yet another plant type, or, from what I can tell.. planning on planting it in a field of something else.

you use green leaf for extraction, and you decarboxylate it first. This will reduce the flavor of the tobacco to almost nothing, they use green leaf for most nic juice and harvested and dried tobacco for flavor.

also, here is a link of Sourced in the USA, which means it comes from US makers other than the company selling the product.
http://www.rtsvapes.com/1000_ml_of_48_mg_Flavorless_Nicotine_Liquid_p/114n.htm

M

maddvaper

U.S.A. Liquid Nicotine in Albany Georgia.First official U.S.A. "LICENSED" American grown and extracted liquid nicotine.That however wasn't the intent of my post.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
you use green leaf for extraction, and you decarboxylate it first. This will reduce the flavor of the tobacco to almost nothing, they use green leaf for most nic juice and harvested and dried tobacco for flavor.

also, here is a link of Sourced in the USA, which means it comes from US makers other than the company selling the product.
http://www.rtsvapes.com/1000_ml_of_48_mg_Flavorless_Nicotine_Liquid_p/114n.htm

rts is not! made in the usa.. cut, yes, in a lab, yes.. but randy can not make or produce his own nic, not like how you envision.. sorry.

U.S.A. Liquid Nicotine in Albany Georgia.First official U.S.A. "LICENSED" American grown and extracted liquid nicotine.That however wasn't the intent of my post.

Interesting.. and this is what I find too:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-tobacco-for-e-liquid-industry-258105041.html

and their site: http://usaliquidnicotine.com/

Why is everyone so terrified to discuss it?

For one.. imagine a new person to diy.. mixing unprotected. FDA would have a filed day with that.. am I wrong?
Second.. once you open that bottle, without protective gear.. mask goggles and gloves.. you are putting your lungs, and any mucus opening at risk.. get the bottle close to your eyes, and it will literally peel those sweet babies out.. get a few drops on your skin.. nic buzz? you will wish it was just a buzz..

Have I changed my stance for people mixing 1000mg or higher nic? no.

Did anyone hunt down what I had to say on it?

Thanks for the company info, maddvaper.. but still.. this is not a good topic for new mixers to even be thinking on.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Show me where the sourced in the usa in not produced in the usa.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
why do you not go search around on ecf or elsewhere for that? or just take me for my word?
I am tired and sore from today, Celtic.. but I can back.. he does not create/extract his own nic.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
rts is not! made in the usa.. cut, yes, in a lab, yes.. but randy can not make or produce his own nic, not like how you envision.. sorry.

Interesting.. and this is what I find too:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-tobacco-for-e-liquid-industry-258105041.html

and their site: http://usaliquidnicotine.com/

For one.. imagine a new person to diy.. mixing unprotected. FDA would have a filed day with that.. am I wrong?
Second.. once you open that bottle, without protective gear.. mask goggles and gloves.. you are putting your lungs, and any mucus opening at risk.. get the bottle close to your eyes, and it will literally peel those sweet babies out.. get a few drops on your skin.. nic buzz? you will wish it was just a buzz..

Have I changed my stance for people mixing 1000mg or higher nic? no.

Did anyone hunt down what I had to say on it?

Thanks for the company info, maddvaper.. but still.. this is not a good topic for new mixers to even be thinking on.

I sold hydrochloric and sulfuric acid for 20 years....dont scare people. Its not becoming of you...

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
why do you not go search around on ecf or elsewhere for that? or just take me for my word?
I am tired and sore from today, Celtic.. but I can back.. he does not create/extract his own nic.
he does not claim to hun, it is sourced in the usa....

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
oh a forum post, glad you cleared things up.....lol. You win, better?

M

maddvaper

The topic wasn't meant for new mixers or hell maybe even mixers at all for that matter (although I wouldnt see the point) ,but for people that are at that point in their journey with vaping.If peoples experience with this stuff was what they shared and not their often " ego inflated opinions" or something they come across on the internet it would go alot further,faster.Thanks for your input Elthelmaltol and Smoky blue.Celtic...Wow,just wow..........

Last edited by a moderator:
M

maddvaper

Its do-able.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

maddvaper

Emailed 3 of my Chinese suppliers sense last post and they aren't talking,all they'll say is trademark secret.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The article is clear. It's 100% grown, extracted and mixed all within the U.S......"USA Liquid Nicotine, LLC is ready to sell pure liquid nicotine extracted from tobacco grown in the southeastern United States and produced in Albany, Georiga." http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-tobacco-for-e-liquid-industry-258105041.html "USA Liquid Nicotine LLC is currently producing pure liquid nicotine on a commercial scale and offers its customers a higher quality alternative compared to that sourced and imported from outside of the United States."

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Careful @Steam Powered , you don't want to wake the sleeping dragon. Ive been told that nobody makes US Nic Liquid, so thats how it is. hehehehehe

VU Sponsors