Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't sure where to put these pics of pure nicotine in different carriers but I thought this would be as good a place as any especially so many people who use nic( of course is all) and would get the traffic.
In all the pics below I have pure nicotine in either pg or vg with 5% dw.
There is always talk and conjecture about how the 2 carriers homogenize with nicotine. As you will be able to see below the vg with 5% dw shows the nicotine floating on top of the mix.

The pg mix as you will be able to tell shows the pure nicotine just flowing through it. This is at 10% solution or 100mg. Nothing was mixed or stirred before taking these pictures. It was merely poured into the flask.

Some of the coloring is normal as far as the pics go. Much of it is reflections. Any black marks that you see are the marks I used to measure .the one with water droplets on the outside is the pg mix.

I hope this has been somewhat enlightening for everyone. I thought it would be cool.

aqajytum.jpg

yqe3u9y6.jpg

qy5ydepa.jpg

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Btw the yellow in the first pic is very artificial. As you can see, the #3 pic is the same mix as number 1. Just a play on the light.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mix at 75% VG. I was aware that this might happen with high-VG, so I make sure to shake my bottles well before dispensing.

How long does it generally take for them to separate like that?

Vaperstek

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At 100 MG it really shouldnt be much separation at all. separation isnt much of a concern until 250+ mg.ANyhting 250+ should have DW added for better homogenization.The above pics arent of separation which came out of solution, but pics of what the nic looks like in the carrier "before" mixing into solution, The examples above are to show how nicotine is lighter than the respective carriers.

VU Sponsors