Become a Patron!

Nicotine level for ryo 2 xpouch & best newbie kit advice

Hi All,
I am a 2 pouch a week roll your own smoker and want to try vaping but don't know where to start.
All of the info that I have found relates to tailored cigarettes so I am stumped.
I live in rural OZ so no vape shops to try out in. I smoke gold colour packaging but have no idea how that differs from the others as I just use standard filters although I use 2 per cigarette that I smoke.
I have a prescription for nicotine but just need to know how much I need to buy to start off.
So I ask for your advice as I am in the dark here lol.
I look forward to hearing from you soon to help me ease into the world of vaping.
Cheers Teesha

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Teesha, welcome to VU, try looking in our DIY section for some help, I have never heard of getting prescription for nicotine, LOL
Please enjoy the forum

Thanks, Whiskey, Here in Australia ridiculously Nicotine is illegal to purchase to vape and so a Dr, set up an on-line practice so that people who wanted to could get a prescription and one company sells it here through this- it is a loophole and may be closed by the government but for now I want to try it.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Teesha, I was smoking 40-50 cigarettes a day when I finally made up my mind to vape. I started with 18mg juice (1.8%). Nicotene wise, that should be in the ballpark of what you get from the tobacco smoke. If that doesn't satisfy our craving, try menthol. It enhances the throat hit and feel more like smoking as opposed to a tobacco flavor. That's what I had to do to get off the tobacco and stay off permanently.

I've yet to try any juice that actually tastes anything like tobacco although I've read about some that do. Can't remember what they are at this time - sorry.

Michael

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping is too variable for there to be a direct if I smoked this much how much nic do I need in my juice, correlation.

I started with 20-24mg/ml juice and was vaping that at 2ohm unregulated...... Was a 40 year Pack a day smoker. After 2 years smoke free I am currently vaping 6-8mg/ml juice.

You can always buy/make a second bottle of same flavor with ZERO nic. This will allow you to adjust dosage, later. So I would start with a highish dosage, 20mg/ml-24mg/ml maybe up to 30mg/ml.
Another thing is the device you use does have affect on nicotine requirements. In basic terms the more power you use and the bigger the coil is the more juice you consume. The more juice you consume the more nicotine you consume. The more nic you consume the lower the mg/ml needs to be.
So, if your device is a modern subohm clearomizer tank with a TC Mod... You might want to start at 12-15mg/ml or lower. If your device is a Nautilus mini running a 1.8ohm coil at less than 10watts you might want 18mg/ml or higher.

VU Sponsors