Become a Patron!

Nicotine Level

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I use a 3 in nicotine cause my clouds r so big a 6 gives me a headache. Does anyone use a 6 or more using an rda?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used a 6mg for a couple years. Was able to go-to a 3 but never had the headache issues. Had massive throat hit on some juices. Sample you get is a 3. Reorder the same flavor in an6 and the throat hit was crazy sometimes. So I moved it in down

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You could try an eliquid with a nicotine salt base if you want to vape higher nic without as much throat hit.
The harshness of the nicotine could be causing a headache.

I wouldn't go above 6mg/ml or 12mg/ml MAX when sub ohming.

You could pick up a 30ml bottle of eliquid with 6mg/ml salt nic and give it a shot.

The low nicotine salt eliquids used to be rare but are becoming much more prevalent.

Soupy1957

Member For 1 Year
Please help me understand “sub homing.” As far as I know, I can’t adjust the ohms on my smock mag or on my other modular device.

Why would I want to anyway?

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Please help me understand “sub homing.” As far as I know, I can’t adjust the ohms on my smock mag or on my other modular device.

Sub ohming used to mean to vape under 1 ohm but now days people mean .4 ohms or lower. You don't set ohms in mod you change coil to lower ohm ones.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Using any coil (premade or self built) with a resistance of less than 1ohm is sub ohming ...it’s just a saying bought about in the last few years after people started pushing the wattages higher and higher

You don’t adjust resistance on the mod it detects the the coil you choose to use

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When I first started back vaping again a little over a year ago after a 2 year 2 pack a day relapse, I was chain vaping taking huge rips of 12mg on a dual coil RDA .13 ohms @ 100 watts, done that for several months. Now I’m lower than I’ve been in years, either 12mg on a single .8 ohm coil at 15 watts and loving it ( Kayfun lite) or 6mg on a single.5 ohm coil @ 20 watts (skyline) when I’m in the mood for more airflow.

DOAUSMC0331

Member For 4 Years
I Have been vaping 12mg since the start .5ohm I notice with the wattage cranked up to 60watts I get a lotta clouds so I keep around 30watts. im happy with the cloud production and I still get my nic fix. Thought about going to 6mg and cranking the watts up to 60 but I would rather keep my battery life so I can go all day without a recharge. I suppose someday I will step down to 6mg just not yet. Just my opinon though.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use between 6 and 8 mg/ml...... in my RDAS and RDTAS and RTAS. unless I change wattage significantly. .. then I adjust up or down depending direction of change.....

Current build .3ohms Single coil of twisted SS either 2x28 or 26 can't remember which. Running at 15 watts or so.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Soupy1957

Member For 1 Year
I Have been vaping 12mg since the start .5ohm I notice with the wattage cranked up to 60watts I get a lotta clouds so I keep around 30watts. im happy with the cloud production and I still get my nic fix. Thought about going to 6mg and cranking the watts up to 60 but I would rather keep my battery life so I can go all day without a recharge. I suppose someday I will step down to 6mg just not yet. Just my opinon though.

I am at a “.6” level since I started two weeks ago, and my personal “sweet spot” seems to be “60 amps.” There’s enough smoke production and my coils lasted me two weeks so far. I stay on my former smoking frequency (routine) and get enough taste to satisfy. I have tried the 70/30 and 30/70 blends, and have decided on a 50/50 ratio from now on.

jslaughter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use 6mg whether i'm dripping or in a tank. I tried 3mg but got use to it too fast and just wasn't satisfying. I do have to be careful of chain vaping though or i start to feel the effects of too much nic.

VU Sponsors