Become a Patron!

Nicotine Question

Laurent

Member For 4 Years
I'm rather new to vaping (4 months) and have a question on nicotine. I've purchased eliquids from various venders ranging from around $.50 a ml to $.10 a ml. I have read somewhere that there are only a very few (2 I think) large companies which actually make pg or vg. What about nicotine? I'm currently using 50/50 12mg with a nautilus bvc 1.8 coil and 30/70 6mg with a .4ohm Ceilto coil.

If I use 2 different vendors (made to order) with the same born date, same pg/vg the throat hit is totally different as well as flavor at 12mg or 6mg each. Excluding nic salts , is there really low and high quality nicotine with smoother to harsh throat hit or just excessive or lack of flavorings used ? Or , is one company not truly using the mg's of nicotine which I ordered?

kelem

Member For 1 Year
it could be related with the oxidation level of nicotine you use, in which conditions stored (from nicotine production until to you) or steeping procedure you follow.

Last edited:

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I'm rather new to vaping (4 months) and have a question on nicotine. I've purchased eliquids from various venders ranging from around $.50 a ml to $.10 a ml. I have read somewhere that there are only a very few (2 I think) large companies which actually make pg or vg. What about nicotine? I'm currently using 50/50 12mg with a nautilus bvc 1.8 coil and 30/70 6mg with a .4ohm Ceilto coil.

If I use 2 different vendors (made to order) with the same born date, same pg/vg the throat hit is totally different as well as flavor at 12mg or 6mg each. Excluding nic salts , is there really low and high quality nicotine with smoother to harsh throat hit or just excessive or lack of flavorings used ? Or , is one company not truly using the mg's of nicotine which I ordered?
I am sure if your juice is made in a
ISO-7 Certified lab with being
GMP Compliant it is true to the nicotine content.

But if your buying bathroom tube made juice then you do not know what you might be getting.

Laurent

Member For 4 Years
I guess my question would be if there is more expensive/better nicotine as oppose to cheap nicotine or is it all pretty much the same. Could more flavoring make the nicotine smoother with less of a throat hit too?

I ask because last week I purchased TMAXX 50/50 in four flavors and absolutely am enjoying them all. No steep time or chemical taste. These were made to order and at 12mg nicotine and is very smooth tasting. Purchased from the reviews on this forum and will be buying more in the future.

Previously I had purchased from MBV and all the juices (6) seemed to be chemical tasting with no flavor except nicotine. I even let them steep for 2 weeks , then 1 month and once again at 2 months. Ended up dumping them all. These also were made to order at 50/50.

Could it be just preference?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I guess my question would be if there is more expensive/better nicotine as oppose to cheap nicotine or is it all pretty much the same. Could more flavoring make the nicotine smoother with less of a throat hit too?

I ask because last week I purchased TMAXX 50/50 in four flavors and absolutely am enjoying them all. No steep time or chemical taste. These were made to order and at 12mg nicotine and is very smooth tasting. Purchased from the reviews on this forum and will be buying more in the future.

Previously I had purchased from MBV and all the juices (6) seemed to be chemical tasting with no flavor except nicotine. I even let them steep for 2 weeks , then 1 month and once again at 2 months. Ended up dumping them all. These also were made to order at 50/50.

Could it be just preference?
There are so many variations when it comes to juice making, like the flavoring used and/or the grade of nicotine used. It is hit or miss when buying juice you have not tried before but if you see other forum members rave about a certain juice more then likely it is true to be good.

VU Sponsors