Become a Patron!

Nicotine

arrowcrest

Member For 4 Years
I am getting ready to order more Vapor Tek nicotine and wanted to know , for most recipes is a PG base or VG base better?
Thank You
Arrowcrest

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Depends o your taste. If you like high vg, that's the way to go. Pg carries flavor, and your flavorings are generally in a pg base. What percentages do you prefer in a mix? 50vg/50pg? 70/30? Unless you're a very high milligram nic vaper, it really doesn't matter.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use PG based nic even though I'm a high - VG vaper because it's easier to draw through a syringe...I use so little anyway that it doesn't throw my final ratios off by more than a few percentage points.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use PG based nic even though I'm a high - VG vaper because it's easier to draw through a syringe...I use so little anyway that it doesn't throw my final ratios off by more than a few percentage points.

So true OBDave! Even with a 12 gauge needle, trying to use VG in a syringe is an exercise in futility! LOL It can be done..but takes waaaay too long for my taste!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use PG based nic even though I'm a high - VG vaper because it's easier to draw through a syringe

right there with you on this... have gotten a few recipes that were a touch higher pg than i wanted but for the most part this works out well [NIC+PG] Considering doing 50/50 tho.. have to wait and see haha.. can always modify it later if need be !

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
PG all the way. I only want to have to deal with VG for one thing.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

arrowcrest

Member For 4 Years
Depends o your taste. If you like high vg, that's the way to go. Pg carries flavor, and your flavorings are generally in a pg base. What percentages do you prefer in a mix? 50vg/50pg? 70/30? Unless you're a very high milligram nic vaper, it really doesn't matter.
My target nicotine strength is just 6.

arrowcrest

Member For 4 Years
right there with you on this... have gotten a few recipes that were a touch higher pg than i wanted but for the most part this works out well [NIC+PG] Considering doing 50/50 tho.. have to wait and see haha.. can always modify it later if need be !
Looks like I will the PG nicotine , because I usually mix at 40PG , 60VG and thinking of going to 50/50.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My target nicotine strength is just 6.
Then you're looking at .6g of nicotine per 10ml of fluid. Really doesn't matter if you're using pg or vg based nicotine with such a small amount, you can use either. I will say pg is easier to work with because of its consistency.

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have only tried one PG only based nic from wizard labs and it was harsh to me. Even at 6mg. I prefer nic in VG it seems smoother to me.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Like Teresa said, if he's only looking for 6 mg strength nic, it really doesn't matter. He could go with a 50/50 and be totally fine.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have heard many complaints of harsh nic from Wizard Labs, but I've never used it myself.

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have had nic in vg from WL that wasn't harsh. Just my two internet cents. At 6mg strength it is easy to try different brands without breaking the bank. I have three different brands in the freezer as we speak.

Edit - I have tried nic from wizard labs, nude nicotine, VT, heartland vapes, rts, and most recently nic select from nicotine river.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I recently picked up a liter of 50/50 from Nude and have been able to draw it through a 12 gauge syringe okay - still thinking I like PG-based a little better but every little bit of VG helps in some of my blends that are using upwards of 20% flavor...I know @Teresa P bought a bottle there once she didn't like, but I did a test run and they were okay for me - the cool thing is that they'll send you a 15 ml test batch for like $2 to see if you like it first. I'm still on the fence between Nude and VT, the only thing that tipped the scales for me was that I was able to pick up from their lab in San Diego and save money on shipping...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still have some of that sample tube I got from them. The sample was okay, it was the bigger bottle that reeked of pepper. Still have some of that in the freezer for hard times.

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know a UK based supplier of 'cheapeach' nicotine? Im currently paying £40 for 500ml of 72mg nic from a website i wont mention unless asked. Ive bought a few times from there but im starting to think that i might not be getting decent nic. Why? Because my nicotine seems almost orange in colour and i think ive read that nic should be clear. Does anyone have any thoughts?

thanks

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine can change color for various reasons, namely age and storage conditions. Doesn't mean it's bad. Now as far as a quality taste, that could be a different story.
Does Vaperstek not have UK distribution?

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nah they only ship within the USA Teresa but thanks for the suggestion.

Actually now i think about it ive missed out some really important info i think lol. I lost the cap to my nic bottle and ive just placed a slightly bigger cap/lid over the bottle unscrewed. That possibly might have something to do with the discolouration dont you think? :slaphead

Still im interested in where other folks are buying their nic in the UK as im due to get 1ltr of the stuff next payday and id rather even pay a bit more than i am currently if someone has a 'must buy' in UK nic. ta

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, that'll do it. Nic will oxidize from exposure to air. The oxidization is what causes it to discolor.

Sent from my Z970

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you tried The Alchemists Cupboard?

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I havent Teresa but at £23 plus postage for 100ml v my £40 free postage for 500ml i would have to dismiss it from the off. My brother in law and friend are both Freemax Starre owners and get through about 20ml of juice each a day. I dont charge them for their juice but at at Alchemist Cupboard prices i think i would have to :\

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, had no idea they were that expensive!

kompressaur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just found a place that does 500ml for £30.94 delivered. I wont mention names unless asked. Reviews seem positive (for what they maybe worth)

Really was taken back by the quality of this nic. Much better than my other supplier and will be purchasing again. Nic is totally clear, no oxidisation at all. 100% 10/10 perfect, thank you

MolinShop

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you checked inawera.com or molinberry.com? They sell chemovatic (name brand) of the popular UK nic. I had a sample from Molinberry of 50/50 12mg nicotine and it was the best I have ever had. However, I'm too impatient to order from Poland.

Hi, just a quick correction :) Inawera.com does not sell Chemnovatic base and it will never be :) molinberry.com and molinshop.com, chemnovatic.com - neither of these shops has nothing to do with inawera.

Artemis - I will make your day :) we will be opening UK shop very soon, so direct postage from UK, fee of charge up to certain order value. Just give me few more weeks and we finish that off :)

Marcelina

MolinShop

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
We changed it all at once, it was hectic but slowly getting there :)
UK coming soon, US - only from VapersTek - they do chemnovatic base for this area

PacificBlister

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

I've been thinking about doing it this way too (high VG Vaper as well). Do you find your self noticing the ratio difference or is it negligible?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been thinking about doing it this way too (high VG Vaper as well). Do you find your self noticing the ratio difference or is it negligible?
It's negligible - I vape at 3 mg and I use a lot of sub-10% flavor recipes, so I can still wind up with liquids in the 10/90 to 15/85 range with no problem.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like VG but I vape high VG so it just makes sense in my case. I have heard in some cases that VG based NIC tastes cleaner... But all of this is subjective

jfdibutton

Member For 4 Years
Well, I recently purchased some 100mg PG from NicotineRiver.com (thanks @Teresa P) and also from Vaperstek.org. Both of them are crystal clear, but the VapersTek definitely has a much more pronounced odor. I haven't mixed anything with either of them yet. I have 2 drippers coming today so I plan on making some unflavored juice soon to taste side by side. I also need to get out the old test kit to satisfy my curiosity. I will let you all know what I find out. I am sure both of them will be a huge improvement over the WL nic that I had. That stuff has a really strong odor and gives a burning sensation in my mouth/throat.

VU Sponsors