Become a Patron!

NicSelect Nicotine

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had ordered a few different brands of Nic for my husband and I and our DIY. Rhymed right there. On purpose. I have to say I was so pleasantly surprised with Nicselect, I had expected a little harsh because some people describe it like that. It has been the best (for me) so far. I would not describe myself as wanting throat hit really, but it gave all my liquids that right amount of something that they had been missing. My initial purchase was through Liquid Barn (good people over there). I was so happy with it, I decided to contact NicSelect/Alchem themselves. Now here is where my respect for this company went up by a billion. Not one, but two different people from different departments emailed me back thanking me, and quickly I might add. I had also ordered a sample from Nude a few weeks before, and it took quite a while to get to me (not a big deal) but I also had a product question that I submitted maybe 2 1/2 weeks ago, that has still gone unanswered. I don't bash any companies, it's just not my thing. I just wanted to say that NicSelect is a great company, with some very awesome people working there. After having such a wonderful experience, it will be the nicotine of choice in my book. I have yet to try some of the other nicotine that I have ordered, but it won't change my outlook. A good experience is worth more purchases in my book.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish me luck. I just ordered 1 liter of 50/50 PG/VG w 18% nic and 30ml FlavourArt Arctic Ice flavoring from Nicotene River to begin my DIY journey. I hope it works out. :)

Michael

ThatFrigginBlondeGirl

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wish me luck. I just ordered 1 liter of 50/50 PG/VG w 18% nic and 30ml FlavourArt Arctic Ice flavoring from Nicotene River to begin my DIY journey. I hope it works out. :)

Michael
Good for you! I have found that for us 100mg nicotine in pg base has been the best, and lasts a long time as well. You just have to measure out a small amount for your needs. Try ELR, they have a wonderful calculator for mixing your own. Or just search eliquid recipes and it should be the first site to pop up. I have tried several brands and Nicselect will always be my go to.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@ThatFrigginBlondeGirl I hear you. I had 500ml each of pg and vg in the shopping cart along with 150ml of 100mg nic in 50-50 base and it dawned on me I could buy a liter of 18mg nic already premixed to a 50-50 blend for almost $10 less than the individual ingredients.

Long story short, I vape 50-50 menthol juice at 18mg nic, plus I only have one usable arm due to a stroke so mixing is difficult for me to say the least. This way, all I have to do is figure out what percent menthol flavoring I want and I'm good to go. :)

The recommended amount is 2-3% so I'll start about 1.5% and ease it up till I get it where I want it. At 3%, I have enough stuff to make a liter of juice for less than $25 with free shipping. That's about what 30ml of the juice I'm vaping right now cost me.

I get that I could save even more money by buying 100mg nic and a gallon each of vg and pg, but funds are really tight right now so I have to go for the short term savings to get me through a rough spot. Later on I want to buy larger amounts and even maybe try a few flavors. Right now though, I can vape for 10 months or so for $25 as opposed to 10 days. That's still a win for me right now. :cheers:

Edit: I hope the 18mg blend is as good as the 100mg you get.

Michael

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ThatFrigginBlondeGirl I hear you. I had 500ml each of pg and vg in the shopping cart along with 150ml of 100mg nic in 50-50 base and it dawned on me I could buy a liter of 18mg nic already premixed to a 50-50 blend for almost $10 less than the individual ingredients.

Long story short, I vape 50-50 menthol juice at 18mg nic, plus I only have one usable arm due to a stroke so mixing is difficult for me to say the least. This way, all I have to do is figure out what percent menthol flavoring I want and I'm good to go. :)

The recommended amount is 2-3% so I'll start about 1.5% and ease it up till I get it where I want it. At 3%, I have enough stuff to make a liter of juice for less than $25 with free shipping. That's about what 30ml of the juice I'm vaping right now cost me.

I get that I could save even more money by buying 100mg nic and a gallon each of vg and pg, but funds are really tight right now so I have to go for the short term savings to get me through a rough spot. Later on I want to buy larger amounts and even maybe try a few flavors. Right now though, I can vape for 10 months or so for $25 as opposed to 10 days. That's still a win for me right now. :cheers:

Edit: I hope the 18mg blend is as good as the 100mg you get.

Michael

That will work fine. The 18mg will be the same nic and as good as the 100mg. No worries there.

I do have one note for you. Adding flavor to the 18mg will drop the mg a bit. At low percentage it won't be much, probably not enough to matter. 16-17 mg or so in your final juice. But if you get into higher flavor percentages down the road, with different flavors/brands it could cut your nic mg down to the 12ish range.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That will work fine. The 18mg will be the same nic and as good as the 100mg. No worries there.

I do have one note for you. Adding flavor to the 18mg will drop the mg a bit. At low percentage it won't be much, probably not enough to matter. 16-17 mg or so in your final juice. But if you get into higher flavor percentages down the road, with different flavors/brands it could cut your nic mg down to the12ish range.

Thanks! I kinda figured it would be the same stuff, but you never know until you try it, right?

Dropping the final percentage in my juice a mg or 2 should work out to be right on time since 18mg is on the verge of being harsh with my current vape. I really wanted to drop the nic level a bit anyway to see if it smoothed out, or if it's the juice I'm vaping right now.

Michael

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, I got my liter of NiSelect nicotene blend in from Nicotene River today and mixed up my first batch. Waiting 6 days for the shipping might be too much for some - especially if they"re low on juice but since shipping is free I'm not unhappy at all. I just mixed up $60 worth of juice in about 20 minutes, so yeah, I'm tickled to death! :bliss:

The packaging was superb and the nic solution is clear as water with practically no smell at all. I'll definitely be buying more of this nicotene.

I can't tell at this point if I like the flavor of the FA Menthol Arctic flavoring or not as I don't have a new tank to try it in but hopefully in the next little while the old juice will be gone out of the tank and my mixture will come through. I may end up buying Menthol crystals and mixing my own flavor.

Thanks a million @ThatFrigginBlondeGirl for the review of NicSelect nicotene and all of you in this forum for the knowledge you lay down here.

Michael

VU Sponsors