Nicvape Flavors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I will try and keep up with this thread Rich and I are in Washington DC at the FDA until the 16th with limited connectivity. - as to the Acetoin...

Acetoin in of it self is not considered an concern for inhalation. When Acetoin is manufactured it has a purity grade from 73% TO 100% pure. One of the byproducts of the creation of Acetoin is Diacetyl. So you can purchase and use Acetoin and also have Dactyl present. The purer the grade of Acetoin the less diacetyl present. At 100% pure there is no Diacetyl Present. As a manufacture some of our flavors contain minute amounts of Acetoin (which is not considered a risk) and we test to the lowest limits of detection for diacetyl both the ingredients before production and the final products.

Butterscotch, Cream, milk and french vanilla will contain very small amounts of Acetoin. They are tested in their raw for for DA/AP and after the final product is made for DA/AP to insure that we are performing our due diligence on our products.

thanks @Linc Williams .. even with this acetoin.. you guys send off for testing.. both the flavors and juice..
and if it doesn't pass the d and a/p then it's removed.. that's what i understood yesterday.. :)

i think that the question has been answered.. anyone alright with the answer we got last night??
any issues with this answer?? cuz i'd like to keep playing with the flavors they have..
sounds to me like they are safe..

@LadyRed69 i think you will like them.. let me know what all you get! :)

Reading this all, I have to also say Kudos to Nicvape/Linc for being very up front and answering the questions here.

yeps!! :) i am proud of them, Whiskey.. I am.. and cant wait to meet up with them again!!

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Smoky for all of your footwork. I for one am interested.
This is a very touchy subject for some and I want you to know I appreciate your efforts in spite of all the backlash.

As I have said before, for me after so many years of smoking I am not going to worry myself about this.
I do try to use flavors mostly free of the bad stuff but I am not losing sleep over it.
I do still use some bad stuff but I use it sparingly which is good enough for me.

If more vendors would put forth the effort that a few seem to be doing then that would be awesome.
The day will come when they have no choice and it is nice to see some are ahead of the game... so to speak.
I'll be watching......

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Smoky for all of your footwork. I for one am interested.
This is a very touchy subject for some and I want you to know I appreciate your efforts in spite of all the backlash.

As I have said before, for me after so many years of smoking I am not going to worry myself about this.
I do try to use flavors mostly free of the bad stuff but I am not losing sleep over it.
I do still use some bad stuff but I use it sparingly which is good enough for me.

If more vendors would put forth the effort that a few seem to be doing then that would be awesome.
The day will come when they have no choice and it is nice to see some are ahead of the game... so to speak.
I'll be watching......

we think a lot alike, ld.. and yes the more the merrier..
like i said, i wish i could have taken every body with me yesterday..
can only imagine the fun and trouble we'd all get into :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
TFA and FA are thus far the only companies that provide data for every chemical in their flavors.

FlavourArt Clearstream
http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?p=366&lang=en

TPA Spec Sheet and Components (go to list for full molecular make-up)
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and nicvape does theirs by batch #, you need a bottle first to check it..

or, i can give out a batch # and have some one else pop up what they find..
here is one:

batch # SP1410003

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and nicvape does theirs by batch #, you need a bottle first to check it..

or, i can give out a batch # and have some one else pop up what they find..
here is one:

batch # SP1410003
As a consumer, I should not have to buy a bottle to confirm that it's safe.

Last edited:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
RP nicvape does theirs by batches.. as soon as the flavoring is made.
no other company does this.
if you have a beef with them doing this, how bout calling them up and letting them know.
i am sure they will listen..

i happen to like i can check back over what i am playing with..
if you don't, that is understandable and maybe you should stick to what you like. :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You asked if people were questioning other companies. The answer is yes. This summer, myself and many members from here and ECF contacted every flavor manufacturer for this data, and TFA and FA were the only two to offer full spectrometry on their products. We're not focusing solely on NicVape. We're focused on all companies. NicVape happens to be the one with a new line of concentrates, so hence, they are the focus currently.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RP nicvape does theirs by batches.. as soon as the flavoring is made.
no other company does this.
if you have a beef with them doing this, how bout calling them up and letting them know.
i am sure they will listen..

i happen to like i can check back over what i am playing with..
if you don't, that is understandable and maybe you should stick to what you like. :)
It isn't just about me. It's about the vaping community. If a company is touting how safe their products are, then access to their data should be available. My only beef is with companies who claim something is 100% safe without evidence.

In terms of communication, I have tried numerous times via email and phone without any success.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I think that is very transparent. I see only one other vendor here, trying to make something out of his company, Kevin, beside Linc.
Has anyone asked if his flavors are acetoin free? How about Flavor Art and Tfa, don't forget, Capella's and Flavor West!
Are they here for chatting us up and showing proof that their's are just as clean, if not cleaner? If so, show me and if not, why not?
Can anyone get them all to come to this site and show proof?
I will wait right over here in the corner. Watching, after I place my order for nicvape.
Smoky, if they are as good as you say they are, and seeing you did get them to reply, I am buying in.

@Smoky Blue , would you like me to publicly post the proof that you and @LadyRed69 are in fact one and the same?
Or will you knock it with with talking to yourself and praising your own posts?
:rolleyes:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
and i think they have more than proved themselves, at least to me.
now, if you dont mind.. will be stepping out to relax a bit.. and pick over the flavorings i have..
if i happen to make anything today, will be sure to share my recipes :)

i am really looking to have some fun and enjoy new tastes.. that is my goal..
they have proven to me, i am safe as we can get for now..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would rather see batch reports rather than a yearly test. More precise testing that way. Though I think NicVape should allow access without a purchase. Call it a good faith offering to those thinking of buying.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
It isn't just about me. It's about the vaping community. If a company is touting how safe their products are, then access to their data should be available. My only beef is with companies who claim something is 100% safe without evidence.

In terms of communication, I have tried numerous times via email and phone without any success.

their phone lines are wide open, i am sure you wont have any issue talking with them.. ;)
here is their number.. (864) 764-1801

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I would rather see batch reports rather than a yearly test. More precise testing that way. Though I think NicVape should allow access without a purchase. Call it a good faith offering to those thinking of buying.

freemind.. you need a bottle to do that.. or i can post up batch #'s from mine..
or anyone that has purchased can share that info

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Point being you shouldn't. Just put a section up on the website showing batch reports (current).
Let potential buyers see them.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Point being you shouldn't. Just put a section up on the website showing batch reports (current).
Let potential buyers see them.

it'd be nice if it worked that way, but they do lots of batches.. it varies from bottle to bottle..
what you might get, mine might come from a different batch..

i saw were they had them sitting up heading to testing (http://enthalpy.com/)
tons of gallon bottles.. kind of hard to do it the way you are saying..
why is it, that asking other companies on acetoin, there isn't many responses?
or its a once a year thing?
do they really make so much in one shot, only a yearly announcement is needed?
at least i know nicvape's is fresh.. and current.

and why drag this convo out.. i gave up the number to them, call them..
i have no doubt, it's not my job to prove otherwise..
all i want is to have some fun..

got questions.. ask them directly.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not the point I am making. Tout the testing. Good. Show me evidence without a purchase. It's not difficult to do. It's just a document.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Not the point I am making. Tout the testing. Good. Show me evidence without a purchase. It's not difficult to do. It's just a document.

that is not my job :p

i am only a mixer.. ask them to do this for you.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TFA and FA are thus far the only companies that provide data for every chemical in their flavorings.

FlavourArt Clearstream
http://clearstream.flavourart.it/site/?p=366&lang=en

TPA Spec Sheet and Components (go to list for full molecular make-up)
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/specsheetlist.aspx

More info: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...acetyl-propionyl-acetoin-flavorings-data.html
I posted the info on VU as well awhile ago.
Let me just say. I've never seen a single document from FA showing their test results for diketones. Are they available? I've looked. The clearstream results only have a few flavors and this was not testing for diktones. That said, I still believe it's true and trust the company at their word.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Acetoin in of it self is not considered an concern for inhalation.

ALL current guidelines of the CDC, NIH, and NIOSH conflict with your claim. Are you privy to data they are not aware of?

Numerous published scientific studies indicate diacetyl and acetoin should be considered biochemical equivalents. This NIH document references numerous studies to support the current CDC, NIH, and NIOSH position, in stark contrast to your statement above:
http://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/htdocs/chem_background/exsumpdf/artificial_butter_flavoring.pdf

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Look. .. it's time NicVape steps up and addresses these questions and claims. I feel as if Smokey is being tossed under the bus here.

Step UP NicVape!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
first, they have to admit they are using acetoin. am I not right? and you your self say you have not gotten an answer..
i am saying.. give Linc a fair shot in replying to this thread. to satisfy us all...

let him reply is what I say, over and over and here again..stop with the tactics of if they are using.. let him explain..

In post #20, Linc from NicVape finally acknowledges they use acetoin.

My suspicion is confirmed.

(He then disputes generally-accepted chemistry, but that's a separate issue.)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Taken from the faexpress site..

We realize that for E smokers, our food flavors are used in a different way as they are not ingested but inhaled, and the presence of diacetyl can be a cause of concern.

For this reason we have carried out massive removal of diacetyl from our flavor collection since November 2010 and product still containing it are clearly identified.

Disclaimer: We produce and sell FOOD FLAVORS which comply with Italian and EU legislation and EFSA reccomendation. They are safe for FOOD use as they are intended to enter the body by the digestive system, not by lungs.

Digestion involves acid breakdown, enzyme attack, and kidney and liver processing. Vapor by the lungs goes directly in the blood stream. Even though due to absence of combustion, vaping can be compared to odor smelling in open air, consumption of food flavors by vaping has not been specifically tested for safety. Flavourart srl can not be held responsible for any claim or damage arising by the use of food flavor by the means of electronic devices as E-vapers, E cigarettes and similar.

first let's break it down.. they are in Europe.. they follow Europe's standards.. not the USA.. second.. they still, after all these years, claim their flavors are for FOOD.

no where does it say they are acetoin free.. if so, show me. :)
and it is still, only for food.. not inhalation. nicvapes is made for inhalation.

Let me just say. I've never seen a single document from FA showing their test results for diketones. Are they available? I've looked. The clearstream results only have a few flavors and this was not testing for diktones. That said, I still believe it's true and trust the company at their word.

how can someone claim this, and have faith in a company, yet other people, with nicvape its all about raising a damn ruckus?
does fa claim they do not use acetoin? if so, where is their proof? or tfa or anyone else?

in the section above where i quoted from it also says this:

The FDA continues to seek additional information to help further clarify any health effects from diacetyl. Is the industry doing anything about the potential health effects to workers? Yes. Because of the potential health risks from repeated exposure, the industry has implemented changes to reduce workplace exposure to diacetyl, including implementing engineering controls such as closed mixing tanks, separate mixing rooms for butter flavors, requiring respirators for mixing room operators, and improving air circulation in facilities.

no where does it say it does not use acetoin. :)

http://flavourartexpress.biz/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=19

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
this thread was not meant for this..
this is my thread for having fun with new flavors and recipes.
got a beef, take it up with them. not me or my thread.

if you want to play with the flavors with me, fine. i will play nice.. but if not.. keep your arguments to your own thread.

thank you very much for your concern.. but i am satisfied.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just wow........
Is VU going to turn into another ECF where people are afraid to post because of being attacked by others?
I certainly hope not.

I think this thread should get back to what it was meant to be.
Smoky has been to this place and seen things for herself and wanted to share.
Thank you Smoky for that but I wouldn't blame you if you never posted again. (I hope you do though)

If you have questions for Nic Vape then by all means contact THEM.
It is not necessary to beat the OP up like this.
Want batch numbers to check things out....
@wllmc just bought the whole line so he can give you batch numbers for any flavors other than tobacco.

Smoky doesn't have all the answers but is looking for alternatives.
No, I am not Smoky either and I think that was a cheap shot HIC.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wow........
Is VU going to turn into another ECF where people are afraid to post because of being attacked by others?
I certainly hope not.

Thank you Smoky for that but I wouldn't blame you if you never posted again. (I hope you do though)

@wllmc just bought the whole line so he can give you batch numbers for any flavors other than tobacco.

First of all, Wllmc did not buy the whole line. There was a mixup when he tried to order, and Nicvape ended up sending him free bottles.

Secondly, posting as two separate people simply to back up the other is ridiculous. If you need to create a separate identity simply to back yourself up you need to consider your posts.

This whole issue has arisen because Smoky insisted these products were free of all diketones. It turns out this is not the case.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I am not going to split hairs here.
The attacks are uncalled for, she is only trying to help the community as I see it.
If it is not for you then forget it but this is not necessary.
I am done here.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wow........
I certainly hope not.

I agree I think the issues with the Vendor should be taken up with them, lets all get along and make this UN-like ECF folks:)
Now back to my corner I go~

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

The original post emphasized "vaping safe" and quoted the manufacturer's claims.
I questioned an omission in those claims, and the manufacturer posted an affirmative.

While I fail to see that as a "cheap shot", this exchange has been productive: ingredients are confirmed, for those who want/need to know.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The original post emphasized "vaping safe" and quoted the manufacturer's claims.
I questioned an omission in those claims, and the manufacturer posted an affirmative.

While I fail to see that as a "cheap shot", this exchange has been productive: ingredients are confirmed, for those who want/need to know.

No that is not a cheap shot but post #32 is.
True or not I have no clue nor do I care.
As I said, I am done I really thought it would be better here.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

When one comes bulling in with an agenda, it seems easy for them to "forget" or "fail to see" the real and true cheap shots they are/were slinging.

I don't think for a minute that Smoky is telling anyone lies. She is giving an honest assessment of what she saw/heard.

It is @Nic Vape that needs to come in here and address the concerns others have. Stop using Smoky for a whipping post.

I will give NicVape THIS much credit... At least they are testing every batch. Do the flavor companies you guys are stumping for, do the SAME? Or are they testing once a year? Pretty easy to skew and blur info when every batch isn't tested. Can't put them on a pedestal when there is no info showing those guys are doing anything any better.

And this, coming from a guy who isn't necessarily on their side. Matter of fact, I have been critical of them.

Whip on NicVape. They are the ones making these flavors. Corner THEM to address the concerns. Lord knows, it sure looks like they are doing a bang up job of hanging someone that supports them, out to dry. If NicVape and it's people are pros, then they will be able to settle these issues. If not, then they can fade off for all I GAF.

They wanted to be part of the forum. About time they step up. Get off Smoky's ass.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, this is like ECF, attacking a member who has helped alot of people and now because she is not being a fangirl of another vender/brand is being attacked. Sheesh.

I really don't know anyone here but smoky has been a great help to me and HIC, you are bullying her even if you think your not...

This is as bad as the ProVari fanboys and girls attacking anyone who does not agree with them.

Lets get back to the original reason for this thread. you elitists can go play with yourself's and leave others alone. It just makes you look like what you really are.

face it, we all smoked cigs and and nothing in vaping at this time can be proven to be worse.

You want safe, then stay home, do not eat, drink or smoke anything.

Last edited:

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn, this is like ECF, attacking a member who has helped alot of people and now because she is not being a fangirl of another vender/brand is being attacked. Sheesh.

I really don't know anyone here but smoky has been a great help to me and HIC, you are bullying her even if you think your not...

This is as bad as the ProVari fanboys and girls attacking anyone who does not agree with them.

Lets get back to the original reason for this thread. you elitist can go play with yourself's and leave others alone. It just makes you look like what you really are.

face it, we all smoked cigs and and nothing in vaping at this time can be proven to be worse.

You want safe, then stay home, do not eat, drink or smoke anything.
:D

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
here is food for thought..

butterscotch.. straight from testing, and yes non detected. solid enough for me :)
and it is all!! of the paperwork.. not just a snappet of some photocopied paper hanging on line.

next, i will do french vanilla.. standby..

Attachments

• 14-240-11.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Art Butterscotch SDS.pdf
    324.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SP1410006 Butterscotch.pdf
    148.6 KB · Views: 11

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i tried to attach art french vanilla sds, but it is too large.. will have to use a file host..

still.. french vanilla.. is clear..

Attachments

• 534835 French Vanilla.pdf
    147.2 KB · Views: 7
  • KIC 11433.pdf
    26.2 KB · Views: 1

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
simple recipe for this one.. ;)

2% butterscotch nv
.5% french vanilla nv

if you use more than 1% on the french vanilla, it will cover any other flavoring you try to use..
the good side is.. the highest i have used it was 2% and well.. dont know if it is my throat.. since it is raw..
but i get a custard on it :p

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is not meant to step on anyone's toes ... my only goal here is to add to the information regarding validating the chemical composition of the flavoring being offered by NicVape.

I did attempt to look up the test results using the batch # Smokey provided yet it yielded no results. Then I noticed the following statement:

"This feature is available for our diluted nicotine, pure nicotine, propylene glycol, and glycerin:"

That would indicate that the DIY flavors themselves cannot be validated for content. That isn't to say they aren't tested, I don't know that obviously but given the above, I also don't know that they are.

I know many folks don't care about this issue but for me personally, it's important. I know I've already done considerable damage to my lungs by smoking for many years so at this point, I want to do everything that I can to minimize any further damage so I don't end up being glued to an oxygen tank in my later years. Yeah, I could quit vaping altogether and eliminate that risk entirely but unfortunately, I'm not there yet. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i will say this for the last time..

i am happy that Linc and Rick are trying to fit us into their busy schedule..
amazed that they pop in.. it might not be immediate, but they try..

i do not see other vendors, besides Kevin.. trying to hold hands and explain in simple terms..
what is up with their company, much less their flavors.
they are taking this time to help us.. and I am very happy for that.

everything i have checked on.. and i have the works and then some.. comes out clean..
each batch.. and every bottle has a different batch #..
knowing what i know on nicvape, and that they are slowly bringing out these flavors..
that is a lot of paperwork to be hanging on their site..
happy they are doing this..

i could see people wanting to see before buying.. but you need to know which batch # you need..
and that can only be done if you have your bottle. that way, i can't lie and say it came from another batch..

it keeps us all honest. if you do not imput the number correctly.. it will not give you your information in pdf files..

yes it says that bit ""This feature is available for our diluted nicotine, pure nicotine, propylene glycol, and glycerin:""
however, the access to the flavoring testing is there as well. if not, then my files i uploaded here, are imaginary ;)

does that mean there is something else hidden that could be bad? maybe..
but so is crossing the street without looking. ;)

and i <3 turtles too :p

yeah i could give up and say to everyone, you are on your own.. but see.. i like to share..
and i do have my friends here. we might not always see eye to eye.. but if we did, it's get boring..
kinda like sticking up for one company that only gives out particle info.

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
simple recipe for this one.. ;)

2% butterscotch nv
.5% french vanilla nv

if you use more than 1% on the french vanilla, it will cover any other flavoring you try to use..
the good side is.. the highest i have used it was 2% and well.. dont know if it is my throat.. since it is raw..
but i get a custard on it :p

Looking forward to trying this one..
thanks smoky..

still testing single flavors. sheesh

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm really enjoying:

2% Ripe Strawberry
2% Real Watermelon
0.25% Lime

Tasty snowcone type flavor!! :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I'm really enjoying:

2% Ripe Strawberry
2% Real Watermelon
0.25% Lime

Tasty snowcone type flavor!! :)

i gota try that one, Sully.. and right now trying not to vape much..
maybe without nic.. that pg really ate my throat up :(

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i heard yesterday that clementine is fantastic..
then i got to vape some too.. that is next on my list :)

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't end up being glued to an oxygen tank in my later years.

don't worry, once you get old enough, unless you have lots of money, you will be left to die as not worth saving, too old... aka remembers what personal freedoms were.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i gota agree there, Tick.. right now we have the freedom to vape what we want..
no telling what all the new regs will mean once all of this is done, by the government for us simple people.

but i know we will vape one way or the other :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors