Become a Patron!

Njord RDA by Morten Oen

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found this.

It looks interesting and I'd like to try one.

I have to say that last week I watched a few of his videos on wicking. It prompted me to do the same in my RDAs and it's been working extremely well. In addition, it's faster than what I was doing.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Interesting. Squonkable would have been good. Would make the second well more of a wick holder, but coil position and AF would be the same while getting wicking from both ends. But then, what do I know..

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That’s a pretty neat concept will be keeping an eye on this RDA

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It is a pretty cool design.

I wonder what that resistance wire is he is using? I have not seen flat wire like that before. Its too rigid to be ribbon wire.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Squonkable would have been good. Would make the second well more of a wick holder, but coil position and AF would be the same while getting wicking from both ends. But then, what do I know..

I agree that it would be nice with a squonk pin. With so many out there now, one would think they'd be able to fit a pin to fit it. Is this feasible?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It is a pretty cool design.

I wonder what that resistance wire is he is using? I have not seen flat wire like that before. Its too rigid to be ribbon wire.

He makes his own ...hammers it flat

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
He reminds me of a Norwegian Bob ross, " lets put a pretty flat wire here where the little positive 510 pin happily lives." lol.
I like the guy but a don't think early brits would have been too bothered with a boat load of him invading them.
just jesting , the rda does look very interesting , different indeed.:devil:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
He reminds me of a Norwegian Bob ross, " lets put a pretty flat wire here where the little positive 510 pin happily lives." lol.
I like the guy but a don't think early brits would have been too bothered with a boat load of him invading them.
just jesting , the rda does look very interesting , different indeed.:devil:
Bob Ross is a very good analogy. Morton is so easy going I was kind of surprised to see him on inside the minds. He was funny though and can take a joke. A very very humble man. Still think he has the best opening to his videos. :)

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll be checking that one out when it shows itself.
thx for the heads up St.R
:cheers:

He mentioned it on inside the minds. Said it was delayed due to some changes and Cthulhu needed to locate new materials... something along those lines. Said it shouldn't be too long tho.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I think DJ was a bit harsh in his words about Oen, especially in the beginning of the video but he has valid points about the rda itself. After seeing the rda more closely the coil is just too far away from the airflow slots and appears alot of the incoming air is going straight to the drip tip and not hitting the coil to mix with the vapor to create flavor.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Did he stick a great big sharpie ID coil in there to try it?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Haha ....I watched all of Todds vid last night (that purple squonker with the new haku ...is properly nice by the way...but i digress)

He had a tiny coil in it wonder what the biggest ID is you can get away with ...thats what id go with on this one

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haha ....I watched all of Todds vid last night (that purple squonker with the new haku ...is properly nice by the way...but i digress)

He had a tiny coil in it wonder what the biggest ID is you can get away with ...thats what id go with on this one
I just went to the part where DJ said he tried a 5.5mm coil and there was just a "minute" amount of space between the coil and the posts. That's the coil DJ should have used in his video instead of what looked a 3mm so that he showed.

uansari1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year

I think DJ was a bit harsh in his words about Oen, especially in the beginning of the video but he has valid points about the rda itself. After seeing the rda more closely the coil is just too far away from the airflow slots and appears alot of the incoming air is going straight to the drip tip and not hitting the coil to mix with the vapor to create flavor.

I’m not interested in this RDA, but to be fair, this reviewer perpetually likes shitty overhyped and flavorless attys. Just sayin...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I just went to the part where DJ said he tried a 5.5mm coil and there was just a "minute" amount of space between the coil and the posts. That's the coil DJ should have used in his video instead of what looked a 3mm so that he showed.

Ill “try” and watch his vid in a minute ...

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
DJ hated it from the outset, Could tell he had a beef just with his opening comments

he made that build deck look a lot more awkward that it needed to be ...seriously you know you need to twist the legs so do it up front!

Drama doesnt suit him, ....you need to have the sassy going on <haze> ...dont go there girlfriend

.....sorry that was not an unbiased review

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
DJ hated it from the outset, Could tell he had a beef just with his opening comments

he made that build deck look a lot more awkward that it needed to be ...seriously you know you need to twist the legs so do it up front!

Drama doesnt suit him, ....you need to have the sassy going on <haze> ...dont go there girlfriend

.....sorry that was not an unbiased review
This post is hilarious... good job!:giggle:

I picked up on that from the get go as well. I don't understand the harsh words. The way DJ spoke of Oen, it was personal. He came off as a jealous child.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

In all fairness to Oen. This guy points out the rda is a sample and still in the R&D stage.

Would have been nice if the other reviewer had pointed that out... lil prick!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This post is hilarious... good job!:giggle:

I picked up on that from the get go as well. I don't understand the harsh words. The way DJ spoke of Oen, it was personal. He came off as a jealous child.

Yeah strange, although in DJs defence... I do agree with him it was wrong to just say build low for mechs without any sort of guidance ...don’t know who’s going pick that up so assume the worse, a lawsuit waiting to hapen!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

In all fairness to Oen. This guy points out the rda is a sample and still in the R&D stage.

Would have been nice if the other reviewer had pointed that out... lil prick!

Yeah this one is better .. same again not looking good for Oen then ....is it retail yet? If not still have time to tweak it?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have only watched 1 or 2 of his airflow/rda videos but his design baffles me. In his Athena video he posted he was talking about how you need to build small coils and get them as close as possible to the air inlets (I personally just run a single 3mm triple/quad fused clapton in my Athena) then he designs a RDA where that is basically impossible due to the massively thick posts with the airflow holes way away from the coil (even if you build a big coil) on the thin wall of the chamber. He should have done something like Mike Vapes did with the Recurve where the deck has air hole slots built in to the deck so the air inlets are closer to the coil to direct it better and reduce the chamber.

Gavlan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i'll watch Todds reviews afore I watch DJ's ,
I think DJ's best at tearing down stuff and showing how it all works on the inside,( I'm talking mods here not atty's ) , he's pretty good at that technical stuff.
He isn't very informative when talking toppers , ok but not the goodest out there.:devil:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah strange, although in DJs defence... I do agree with him it was wrong to just say build low for mechs without any sort of guidance ...don’t know who’s going pick that up so assume the worse, a lawsuit waiting to hapen!
Absolutely. I think DJ had valid points on the rda itself and was right to pick it apart... he was a dick in how he spoke of Oen tho.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah this one is better .. same again not looking good for Oen then ....is it retail yet? If not still have time to tweak it?
If these really are prototypes then I'd hope there will be revisions before they go to market.

To be honest I don't understand how it got this far. Did anyone vape on it before sending it out? DJ is right about airflow will take the shortest path and the shortest path in that rda doesn't come close enough to the coil to mix with the vapor.

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
Apart from the "Bad Reviews" witch only make's Me want to try this for myself, I noticed some inherent design flaws right off the bat.
First off, why no Squonk? A hole in the bottom of the top wick chamber, so it could get juice from the bottom, & a BF Pin! (no brainer!)
I'm assuming the air flow is intended to spin around the coil like a vortex? So why not use Air tubes like the Pulse? This would not only get the air coming in at the proper angle & distance from the coil to spin in the chamber, it would also less affect the air leaving the chamber! (less turbulence)
Why No AFC!
I don't claim to be some air flow Guru, or have ever designed an atty. But this is common Sense! IMO :)

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

For those interested in this drama DJ has pop-ups that come up on the screen 18 seconds into the video. The pop-ups are comments Oen has made about other reviewers, namely Heathen and Mike vapes. As well as reviewers in general. This could explain DJ's animosity towards Oen in his review. IMHO, DJ should have stuck with picking apart the Njord and left the other stuff out but hey, it's not my channel so it is what it is.

VU Sponsors