Become a Patron!

No flavor at all

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Hello,

I have Evic Vtwo mini with Zephyrus v2 build at 0.5 ohm with 26AWG Kanthal A1 wire and Koh Gen Do cotton wicks. Im currently experimenting with premium high Vg liquids like One Hit Wonder The Man (Ice cream) 3mg

I cant taste anything. Its like vaping water. Tried everything from 15-55 watts. Rebuild the coil several times, tried the prebuild 0.3 and 1.8 ohm coil. Tried playing with air control and direct lung/mouth to lung.

What am I doing wrong and what is the recommended wattage for 0.5 ohm build?

What is the recommended resistance for best flavor on this tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello,

I have Evic Vtwo mini with Zephyrus v2 build at 0.5 ohm with 26AWG Kanthal A1 wire and Koh Gen Do cotton wicks. Im currently experimenting with premium high Vg liquids like One Hit Wonder The Man (Ice cream) 3mg

I cant taste anything. Its like vaping water. Tried everything from 15-55 watts. Rebuild the coil several times, tried the prebuild 0.3 and 1.8 ohm coil. Tried playing with air control and direct lung/mouth to lung.

What am I doing wrong and what is the recommended wattage for 0.5 ohm build?

What is the recommended resistance for best flavor on this tank?

try rayon for wicking material

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vapors tongue??? Do you have flavor on a different setup? I get that watery taste once and a while, sometimes it takes a while to pass especially if my smell is off..

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If no flavor at all the problem is likely with the person vaping.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is no recommend ed wattage based on ohm....

I run .5ohm builds from 5 watts to 75watts. Only have 75w regulated.... but could build for 300 watts at .5ohm if i had a big atty and mod to fire it.

How does that juice work in a different atty?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Just tried the same juice on Nautilus X which is Mouth to lung only tank with 1.5 ohm resistance. The flavor is more but still not nearly enough for me.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Describe you build single coil or dual.... parallel twisted. Lots of ways to make a .5ohm 26awg build.

What does 1 more or 1 less wrap do...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
The build is 2mm dual coil parallel 9 wraps each side. The cotton is peeled from both sides. I vape between 20-50 watts. The tank is clean and the liquid is not mixed with previous one. There is slight improvement in flavor but not that much.

How to know if its vapers tonque? From very tiny mouth to lung tank I get more flavor at 1.5 ohm and 15 watts.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So 2x26 dual coil is .23ohm NOT .5ohm. Probly gonna need about 60 watt minimum on it. Single coil run at around 40 or so .. That a lot of wire to vape at less than 50 watts with either way.

Do you get the same no flavor with the factory heads? Maybe the atty just SUCKs.

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
Just tried with the same build but 14 wraps and 0.7-0.8 ohms. Well ... no flavor. I will wait some time to be sure that its not vapors tonque and go for the Goon RDA with some exptic coils.

Im vaping for 1-2 weeks and still smoking few cigarettes a day so I doubt that its vapors tonque.

The reviews for the Zephyrus v2 are somewhat good and its 100% genuine.

I dont get anything with the factory coils.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My guess is it's the juice, not the atty. Higher vg means bigger clouds but less flavor.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well first you said it's high VG liquid. Strike one. And it's a something with "cream" in it. Strike two.

Can we get a pic of your build? I'm thinking the coil placement isn't right in context of air flow. That could be strike three here.

zafirovp

Member For 2 Years
1dd17d0e646415b2313975956ea14519.jpg
e6c63e276c615ecdfd3d7dfe8577ea49.jpg

From what I read eliquid like one hit wonder is extremely rich in flavor. I will try with 50-50 pg/vg next time.

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your build looks fine, so its most likely vapors tongue, and/or the juice you purchased was not mixed with the right amount of flavoring. You can either buy another bottle of OHW from another vendor, or fill the zephyrus with something else and see if you are having the same problem.

aquaholic2491

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cigarettes effect your taste buds. could be the issue here.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapors tongue??? Do you have flavor on a different setup? I get that watery taste once and a while, sometimes it takes a while to pass especially if my smell is off..
i used to have chronic vp,,,i chain vape,, cotton just couldn't 'keep up',,, rayon cured that.

VU Sponsors